Some help would be fantastic!

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
marcel2

Re: Some help would be fantastic!

Postby marcel2 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:41 pm

I went back and read some of the earlier exchanges, and some of the stuff that I understood mainly logically/conceptually I now "know" in a more real sense. so yes, I would say that most of the itches has been scratched, and I can't think of anything as of now that needs to be done. it feels like a lot of the knots has been loosened, and perhaps that will open things up even more; that has certainly been my experience with "spiritual stuff".
I've hade some pretty big "aha" moments during these past months, but mostly it has been a pretty subtle shifting, easing into stuff... perhaps like raising the temperature in your room by a very tiny amount each day, and not noticing how hot it is before you leave the room and then come back.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:21 am

very nice to hear that!
can you say, you are ready for the final questions?

sending love
Truth realized will set you free.
http://ilonaciunaite.com

marcel2

Postby marcel2 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:46 pm

hmmm. is one ever ready? :) yes I think so!

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:55 pm

Here they are :)

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.

3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.

4) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?

5) Can you talk about decision, intention, free will, choice and control? What makes things happen? How does it work? What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.

6) Anything to add?

Please answer in full, when ready.

Much love.

marcel2

Postby marcel2 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:10 pm

1. no, not in the way it was previously assumed to be. in some way it did "exist", like the christian God exists to the believer, or santa claus to a child, a fantasy. but of course there never was a separate entity, however the idea of that separate entity was believed, but is not longer.

2. it is basically a label that is attached to stuff, and after it has been attached to a large enough quantity of stuff it get's its own "life", and then certain ideas and feelings connected to this label starts to be more and more common: "is this really something that I would do?"; "being myself" etc. so I would se the self as more of a "organizing principle" used to easier navigate in the world. a useful fiction that one sometimes get lost in.

3. 90% of the insights feels like I knew intellectually, but hadn't fully "seen". the difference is just that certain "knots" are loosened. it's a bit hard to describe, and also since the changes has been subtle, it's hard to compare "then" and now. it doesn't feel very special most of the time. but of course there's also moments of great mystery and awe

4. the last thing was really focusing on the "here"/"there" distinction. that and the comparing the sense of sitting with the thought "I am sitting" has probably been the biggest "leaps". gentle push

5. in meditation one is asked to "not control" the breath. but there is actually not a difference in kind between "controlling" and "not controlling" the breath. I have not believed in free will for many years. the "free" stuff in the mind is, as far as I can see, only labeled differently from the "compulsive" stuff. there isn't really anybody responsible, it actually makes no sense. the difference between my own thoughts and someone whispering in my ear is really just different shades of color. so what makes happen? it just happens, it could not be different. how could it? I might think it could be different, indeed how could I think otherwise...

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:58 pm

Thank you! It was a pleasure to read your answers :) I'm very happy for you!
Welcome home

This is not an end of exploration. This is just a beginning, - an opening. This will keep deepening endlessly and will take through life to experience of twists and turns. There is much to explore! And when/if you feel that you would like to assist/guide on LU, you are very welcome to join. It actually helps to deepen as you get to look at this from different angles.

Meanwhile hope to see you around in FB groups. And you can also use Unleashed forum here for further inquiry.

Much love

marcel2

Postby marcel2 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:27 pm

thank you so much Ilona!
this has been very interesting, in times difficult but mostly a lot of fun. the joy of it all!

Much love
/ David

Return to “ARCHIVES”