Hello, I am a new member. I am requesting a guide.

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
davidg

Re: Hello, I am a new member. I am requesting a guide.

Postby davidg » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:18 pm

Hello Ilona,
Yes it is essential to fearlessly share with you, openness and whats actually going on without posturing, excuse making or dancing around anything.

Answers to your questions:
Is thinking a problem? The short answer is no its not. However, a longer answer is that the voices in the head talking to themselves make almost everything into a problem to varying degrees.

What makes thinking a problem? The hard wired, programmed, conditioned automatic reaction/response to suddenly giving them attention and "listening" to them, then the immediate response to believing them and making them "real" until I catch myself and I see that I'm not being present to the immediate and present experience of just being in the here and now instead of a bit lost in the thinking/processing/problem solving along with the corresponding emotional responses. This happens so fast so quickly. Sometimes I catch it soon and sometimes its a little while and then I catch it, or what I was automatically reactively doing.

How is thinking connected to emotion? The thinking, the (impersonal thought) bubbles up or manifests in awareness then the story being generated will also conjure up or create the corresponding emotion; happy sad frustrated anxious elated nervous down or even and simply observing.

Where is david right now? The only answer I have for this question is that david in the stories and history is what is writing this answer right now and all the answers previously written. This "feels" like an insufficient answer however it is truthful and honest and the only one I have at this moment for this question.
Another answer that just bubbled up as I sat here for a few moments is: I don't know. I haven't any idea where david is right now or any other time.

Movie character - compared to david - what is the same and what is different? They are similar (because) they are stories as you indicated, ABOUT david. The story ABOUT david is also completely invented and made up, exactly like the character in any movie.
What is different? The stories are created inside this 100 trillion cell/flesh and blood body organism and not flashing onto a screen made of circuits metal and plastic and is seemingly (outside) this organism commonly referred to as a "me/david".
Is it all that different? I am going to say no its not. Its all made up characters playing different acting and pretending parts in different movies.
Is david more real then the other guy? I am going to say no again. Its all invented and made up acting parts and roles being played out automatically and habitually. The only difference if there even is a difference is that these characters are being generated and created here (pointing at head) inside the brain and body of this living organism.
No not more real. Oftentimes the roles and characters are more believable and therefore are often not caught or seen as such for either a few moments to much much longer. Or never !

Thank you. More to follow.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:37 pm

Thank you for answer. Good, sincere work. All that is needed.
Is thinking a problem? The short answer is no its not. However, a longer answer is that the voices in the head talking to themselves make almost everything into a problem to varying degrees.
Good to notice. It is and it is not. Thoughts about problem become a problem.
Let's look a step further:

Where thoughts are coming from?
Is one thought coming from another?
Can you have 2 or more different thoughts at a time? Or it's one thought after another?
Do you know what the next thought will be?
Can you stop thought from appearing?
What is thinking thoughts? Or thinker is a thought?
Can a thought think?

Does thought "history" contain history within it?
Does thought "character" play a part on the play?
And what do thought stick to? What is that is bothered by them?

Here are some further questions for you to work with. Please answer all.

Sending love.
Truth realized will set you free.
http://ilonaciunaite.com/book

davidg

Postby davidg » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:59 am

Hello Ilona,

Where are thoughts coming from? I truthfully and honestly don't know. Presumably the brain and the created neural pathways, possibly but this alludes back to the first answer, I truthfully don't know.

Is one thought coming from another? Two answers: I truthfully don't honestly know. No they do not or presumably no they do not.

Can I have 2 or more different thoughts at a time? No I can not.

Is it one thought after another? (Several possible answers and all are in question): Truthfully I do not know. I am not at all sure. And a strong possibility that no, thoughts do not follow one after the other in any kind of succession.

Do I know what the next thought will be? No I do not and no I can not.

Can I stop thought from appearing? No absolutely not. They simply materialize (seemingly) in conscious awareness.

What is thinking thoughts? Presumably just this or only this human brain within the organism labeled as "david".

Is the thinker a thought? Yes. Presumably yes. I do not know this for certain or anything else for certain as a certainty either.

Can a thought think? The most truthful answer I can give you in this moment is thoughts can not think and the thought and story of "david" is also (just) a thought/story/label And also this david thought/story/label does Not think independently of any thing or any one or of any experience whether it is perceived externally or internally as an experience.
And the truthful bottom liner answer is, I do not know for sure at all or in any direction. My answers are not from any book or anything memorized. All of that is completely being seen thru as BS, untruthful and its all being avoided completely in every way possible.

Does thought "history" contain history within it? The answer is No it does not. History is just remembered thoughts and stories. They are not a tangible "thing" to be experienced or re-experienced or held or felt in the present moment.

Does thought "character" play a part in the play? My answer truthfully is it distorts and colours and alters and changes all of the direct and present experiencing being seen, felt, heard, smelled or tasted in this present moment.

What do thoughts stick to? I am going to answer you by saying thoughts stick to nothing, but I do not know for certain or for sure if this answer is correct.
I don't know.

What is it that is bothered by thoughts? From what I can ascertain the answer is the thought/character/story of "david". The programming and conditioned hard-wiring that impersonally sees the "world' from a very very selfish and limited point of view with its hardened opinions and judgments about what is and what should be and what has to be a certain way "in order to be enlightened and peaceful".
And I also know, feel and realize that the "in order to be....." is rubbish and very much just more story.

Even tho I am giving truthful and honest answers to the questions, I am sitting in front of the computer and I am feeling an almost total dissatisfaction with all of my answers even tho I sat and absorbed them and allowed what ever needed to be expressed to be expressed and written out.
Almost as if the more I dig down thru the questions and answers the more I want to dig deeper and deeper thru all of it. To go further and further exposing more and more and seeing more.

Thank you, Ilona.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:48 am

Thank you for taking time with answers.

You say
Where are thoughts coming from? I truthfully and honestly don't know. Presumably the brain and the created neural pathways, possibly but this alludes back to the first answer, I truthfully don't know.
This answer comes from thinking, not from looking. It's simpler than that. You just wait for the next thought to show up and look, where does it come from? Look till you know.
You can also look and see if thoughts come in bunches or one after another. Just wait and watch.

It's good to arrive to a place where you don't know. That as where thinking stops and looking starts. So look, it's not hidden. It's very simple. I'm not asking you to give me correct answers, I'm asking you to look and see, then describe what is true in your experience. Your previous answers came half from looking, and half from thinking, do more looking.

Is a I a thinker or a thought?
Is I thought coming from a different place than other thoughts?
Where is I when there is no I thought present?
Is there a container from which thoughts come up?
What can a thought do?
Do you need to do anything for the thoughts to come up or they arrive and depart by themselves?
Can you find the thinker?

Ask this question- is there a being that is thinking thoughts?
What comes up for the answer?

Have fun with these questions.
Sending love.

davidg

Postby davidg » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:32 pm

LOLOLO OMG I just wrote a lengthy response and it suddenly disappeared ! LOLOLOL
Ok will try again !

davidg

Postby davidg » Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:21 pm

Hello Ilona,

Yes I see what you are showing me - The answers are coming from thinking and not simple seeing. This is seen clearly.

Simple looking and seeing - watching thoughts come up - where do they come from? NO PLACE. NO WHERE. From nothing.
Do they come in bunches or one after the other? They show up without any assistance from a, me/david/story as one follows the next. There is no control of this happening. Its simply just thoughts thinking and being seen in awareness AND I see that theres no controller or controlling mechanism. Its just happening.
Theres watching and seeing and the thoughts show up....One after the next.

I truly don't know. Don't know anything. The body brain has "learned" a few things to navigate around the planet and living but what is comical is the seeing that this story of an I and a david knows nothing and can not "know" anything BECAUSE a story can't be anything and therefore can't know anything. This is all very funny and as there is watching these words being typed out there is also the realization that I have no idea what will be typed next, what group of words lololo!

What is true in my experience? Watching words being typed. Sitting at this desk in this office. Feeling the heavy wooden chair and the pillow the body is seated on. Looking at the screen. feeling the air go into then back out of the lungs. Suddenly looking out the windows onto a sunny morning. Listening to an environmental YT audio/video of ocean waves. Watching the hands correct spelling errors etc etc...

Is "I" a thinker or a thought? A thought only. And it gets replayed over and over. The stories and history of this "I/david" character.

Is "I" thought coming from a different place than other thoughts? No. It does not. All are being generated and created independent of..... well.... anything. Its all just an impersonal happening/experience happening by and of itself or by themselves. What is suddenly being seen is that there is no controller or creator of any of this.

Where is "I" when no "I" thought is present? No place. No where. The "I" thought is gone in those moments. GONE! lolo Which is suddenly quite funny and amusing.

Is there a container from which thoughts come up? No. No there is not. They are just suddenly seen in awareness as they are plain and simple. Just seen.

What can a thought do? Nothing. Even the so-called decision to act upon an impulse or thought is an impersonal happening and experience without a doer thinker. There is the seeing that there is no controller here there or anyplace.

Can I do anything for the thoughts to come up or do they arrive and depart by themselves? No. There is no doing of anything for them to arrive or depart. This happens automatically, impersonally, habitually and without a controller or creator or the david/story running the show or creating or manufacturing anything.....Just the experience alone appears to be the impetus or creating factor of the thinking and generating of thoughts.

Can I find the thinker? Truthfully, no. What is seen is that there is nothing to find. No one to find. I can point my finger at this body, head and brain and say its being generated and created "in there" but somehow that feels completely off because what is seen and felt and possibly intuited is that the physical body isn't creating or manufacturing the thinking. And truthfully Ilona, I haven't a clue ! lolol I don't know. I truly don't.

Is there a being that is thinking these thoughts? Simple seeing looking feeling intuiting....No. No solid tangible being. Its all just the I me my stories of a fictitious david label.
It feels empty. Completely empty. There is looking and seeing. The simple and natural looking at whats in the visual field and environment. The impersonal noticing of thoughts as they come up from no place and leave and go back to no place. And the weight of the body from earths gravity. The feelings and sensations on the body from the air and clothes and environment as well as a few noticed bodily experiences like tight lower back and bare feet feeling the cold wooden floor etc.

Is there a being that is thinking thoughts? No there is not. There is just thinking happening of and by itself.

Thank you.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:29 pm

...now we are looking......

Good stuff!

Let's take the next little step in this journey and turn attention to language itself.
Look at how language is working. There is a noun- the doer and verb- the doing, action.
We say-I breath, I walk, I talk, I type... It creates the sense of doership. But watch the language for a day and see what is revealed.
Is there a subject, object doing action?
Read this short article, that demonstrates the question http://markedeternal.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... guage.html

Without language, without naming any of this, what is left here?

davidg

Postby davidg » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:05 pm

Hello Ilona,
I will respond back to you a bit later. I am currently involved in a work situation. When this is cleared up in a while I will focus completely on my responses to you.
Will write to you a little while later.

davidg

Postby davidg » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:17 pm

...now we are looking......

Good stuff!

Let's take the next little step in this journey and turn attention to language itself.
Look at how language is working. There is a noun- the doer and verb- the doing, action.
We say-I breath, I walk, I talk, I type... It creates the sense of doership. But watch the language for a day and see what is revealed.
Is there a subject, object doing action?
Read this short article, that demonstrates the question http://markedeternal.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... guage.html

Without language, without naming any of this, what is left here?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello Ilona,

The article you sent me the link to has been read several times.

Without language, without naming any of this, what is left here? Simply seeing, feeling, hearing, tasting and smelling what is immediate in this very moment. NOT as any thought or concept but as THE IMMEDIATE RAW EXPERIENCE WITHOUT WORDS AND LABELS! And even the words and concepts and labeling are seen, felt, heard as an IMMEDIATE IMPERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITHOUT A DOER OR OWNERSHIP! Just the immediacy of what is. No such concept as "good" or "bad". Which are also not real but completely conceptual words and labels.
What is happening can be either the physical experience of what ever is happening such as a stomach ache that is felt or what is in the visual field or what has in the moment been created in the impersonal thought process and seen in the minds eye. Or what the olfactory sense experiences as smelling or the taste of a food or beverage. And of course, hearing. What ever is immediately heard.....
The immediacy of feeling. Simple. The feeling what is being physically sensed and felt without the weight of I, me, mine feels very free and without any doer or ownership. (Free also being a concept and story about something.)
Feeling and sensing any and all emotionally so-called internal experiences that the experience with words and concepts have impersonally created are also being seen and felt as the impersonal experiences they are. The same impersonal and immediate experience of hearing both externally and internally is happening by itself without a doer or ownership.
The so-called external experience presents immediate sensations from walking, sitting, laying down, taking a shower, holding a bag of groceries, walking on the warm sand on the beach, the feeling of the sand on the feet, the water on the legs, the smell of the sea air, the breezes, the sound of the waves. All of it is felt in its IMMEDIATE sensing of the body/brain/"mind" and is all just happening in the immediacy of the timeless now without the david/doer/owner/story teller and EVEN THAT IS SEEN AS THE IMPERSONAL CREATION AND RESPONSE TO THE IMMEDIATE EXPERIENCE!

davidg

Postby davidg » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:32 pm

Continued....
Hello Ilona,

Is there a subject object doing action? No there is not. There are actions being done however the conceptual labels and any and all ownership are all fictions and labels of a fictitious I, me, mine, david doer, creator, owner. All is just a fiction and the only truth of directly seeing and raw experiencing of what IS in the immediacy of this now now now, this moment, this moment, this moment...

Without language, without naming any of this, what is left right here ? Nothing ! Just this. Just the simple raw naked exposed immediacy of this very moment. Then another. Then another....
Just this. What ever (this) is. It doesn't matter. The labels are all just labels of labeling conceptually nothing and no one.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:48 am

Oh yeah, you are seeing this- the simplicity of immediateness of experience. Great!
So is there a separate self that is seeing? Is a self needed for seeing, hearing, sensing..?
Where is a separate being now?

To drive the point home, do this exercise here on on paper http://markedeternal.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/labels.html
Write what you noticed after. Does describing experience affect experience and if so, in what way?

Sending love.

davidg

Postby davidg » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:40 pm

Hello Ilona,

Before I begin the assignment work you have presented, I would like to tell you about what happened yesterday. Upon waking up yesterday morning what was felt and experienced was a dread and fear and anger. It was all noted as just the somatic and mental feelings, images internal responses. All was fine until my partner began talking with me a short time later on in the kitchen. What was expressed was agitation and fear and it was so discordant from what we had actually began discussing. It took a couple of minutes to catch it and realize it was an effect of doing this work where as buried stuff will inadvertently come to the surface. The "explanation" / "story" / "label" is that it is the fictitious ego / identity perhaps lashing out (at nothing ! lololo) in a futile and vain attempt to protect its self. From nothing ! lolo It grabbed this david personality so tightly for a couple of minutes that, I would say, for maybe 5 minutes all that was being spewed was this self righteous indignation about nothing. It was all bullshit. This sudden flash of anger and posturing. Looking back at it, what is seen here and now in this moment is how comically sad the identity and ego (???) was trying to insert itself by making trouble !
The rest of the day left a kind of residue and a felt / experienced tiredness.
She and I talked it all out and there were apologies given with explanations. What was also shared and curiously as this scenario was unfolding yesterday morning, I heard myself tell her that she was not in the room and that this had nothing to do with her and that it could have easily been anyone or anything that sparked it or could have been a trigger for such nonsense. She understands the process.

davidg

Postby davidg » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:40 pm

Oh yeah, you are seeing this- the simplicity of immediateness of experience. Great!
So is there a separate self that is seeing? Is a self needed for seeing, hearing, sensing..?
Where is a separate being now?

To drive the point home, do this exercise here on on paper http://markedeternal.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/labels.html
Write what you noticed after. Does describing experience affect experience and if so, in what way?

Sending love.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello Ilona,
What is also being experienced over the past few days after the reading of the markedeternal articles you sent are momentary flashes of directly (?) seeing and sensing both "internally" and "externally" the no one and no thing here (pointing index finger at head and body). This is happening when least expected. It is so potent and strong but lasts a moment. It is very clearly obvious when it happens.

Ok, now for responses to your work assignment questions.
Is there a separate self that is seeing? No. And a relative *yes with an attempt at an explanation. In what was written above the truth is revealed as absolutely not........* then suddenly again the stories and thoughts of a david separate ego identity (seem) to re-materialize or are remembered*.
BUT, what is now seen is that the stories of a david separate ego identity are clearly seen as fiction.

Is a self needed for seeing hearing sensing? No. Absolutely not and not at all and there isn't one anyway! Just the impersonal running of circular stories about a whole lot of nothing of david, ego stories, identity blablabla....which is literally nothing and no one.

Where is a separate being now? No place. No where. It doesn't exist and never did. Nor does the ego identity and all the thoughts of a david or a separate fearful being labeled as david. Its all nonsense.

Markedeternal/labels:
( ***** will indicate the responses)

First write what you are experiencing right now using words I and me. Get right to the point, no past or future fantasy, just plain description of here now.

***** I am experiencing cool temperature in the office where this is being written. I am feeling and hearing the tapping of the letters on the laptop. I am looking at the screen and watching the letters and words appear. I am looking out my office window at the sunlight on the house next door from me.

Do it for 10 minutes. Watch the body, are there any sensations of tightening or relaxing?

***** The lower back feels tight. The bare feet feel relaxed but cold from resting on the wooden floor which is still cool from the lower temperatures. An overall sense of feeling relaxed throughout the body in this moment.

Then for next 10 minutes write without words I and me. Just describe the experience as it is happening using verbs:
Waiting for next thought, typing, breathing, blinking, hearing the rain.

***** Sitting on the larger wooden arm chair behind desk. Hands momentarily resting on wooden desk then fingers hitting the letters on laptop keypad resume. Hearing breathing. Feeling air fill and then leave lungs - in and out - in and out ....
Looking out windows and seeing sunlight reflected off of house next door. Hearing the whirring of the laptop cooling fan. Hearing sensing noticing these thoughts words ideas (stories) as the words are being typed out. Now noticing the aroma of incense in the bowl where it is burning. Noticing more thoughts. Feeling the clothes being worn. Noticing gravity. Seeing the small bit of smoke from the incense stick.

Again watch what is happening in the body.

***** Tightness in lower back. Stomach feels empty. Lungs filling with air then emptying. Feet feel cool on wooden floor under desk. Feeling relaxed overall. Noticing thoughts as they manifest in awareness. Passing show of thinking. Impersonal. No doer, controller, no thinker, no manufacturer or creator of them or anything else.

Now compare the two ways to label experience- is one truer than the other? If so, which one? What is here without labels? Do labels affect the experience or just describe it?

*****One is NOT truer then the other. Both are empty of a separated self/david/owner/doer/creator/experiencer/controller. Both are story creation whether its seen then written and described with a verb or noun. Both are fiction and both are irrelevant. Why? Because there is nothing here and nothing is being created and nothing is or can happen.

*****There is nothing here with and/or without labels. Nothing ever was here - with or without labels or verbs and nouns.

*****Even the labels of nothing and no one and nothing are in truth empty of anything of an abiding nature.
Labels in the here and now do not and can not change or alter the direct raw experience of anything.

*****Labels can only and in a shallow sense describe an experience. But, the labels are ALL inaccurate and are ONLY stories that are in truth describing nothing BECAUSE nothing is and nothing is happening.
(Getting glimpses of this as well as a physical sense, an intuitive knowing of this in the body).

Your body knows. I is a label, not experiencer. Not a thinker, not a doer, not a hearer of rain. I is not what makes eyes blink and it is not a breather, it's a word, that is used for convenience of communication. If it's believed to be an entity, the mind is confused, the body is tensed up. Unconfusing it is simple- bring attention back to now and look once again- is there a me behind the word 'me'?

***** No. There is no such entity as a "me" behind the word/label of a me. All that is there are programmed and conditioned impulses which are impersonal BECAUSE there isn't a me/david/owner/doer/controller.

Life is happening. Looking is happening. Getting lost in the story is happening. With or without label I.

What is not on automatic?

*****The simple and undeniable truth behind it all, behind all the automatic and programmed conditioned responses. The undeniable truth has always been. It has never been otherwise. This truth is that there is no one and nothing that IS. That is a david/controller/owner/ego/identity/self or even worse - a story of selflessness or enlightenment lololo. Somehow this would be just as futile and confused because that too is just another empty label aiming at nothing/no one.
What is not automatic? The truth. The one and only truth. There is no one here, there, anywhere, at any time or any place ever. From the beginning of existence to right this very moment.

And do we really need to be enslaved by labels? After all, experience is what labels point TO.

***** "We" are not enslaved by labels.But, labeling can and does happen.
Because this label and concept of "we" is and has always been a fiction here as well as a global fiction and completely false and has NEVER been real in any way shape or form, ever.
Labels can't and don't point to experience. This is impossible. Labels are empty concepts pointing at nothing and what can not be ever labeled which is direct immediate raw experience in THIS very moment.

The story goes on. The belief in story drops away. The story is way much more enjoyable without the fear that something can happen to this 'me' once it's clearly seen that there is no actual me. Confidence, grace, fearlessness, peace with what is starts to shine through as fear gets loosened.

Imagine that! Humans got screwed by labels. And look at world of fashion- labels are so important!

So much emotional pain, such strong desire to get home, when home is all there is. Right here- underneath all the labels. Here, now waiting to be recognized.

Look. Don't think, just look.

***** Yes there is just this raw direct and immediate moment and not even that ! Even this description are empty and silly labels pointing at nothing which IS. Which is direct experience.

davidg

Postby davidg » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:00 pm

Ilona,

Everything written is completely truthful and accurate and without any embellishment. The experience of this, or the immediacy of this is as previously mentioned - a blinking on and off in a sense. An impersonal remembering then a temporary forgetting then the remembering. Its all just happening as it is, as it does. It is all impersonal which means there is no self/david/ego/identity/controlling or directing ANY of this and never was or ever will be.

davidg

Postby davidg » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:24 pm

Ilona,

Suddenly what is being clearly seen and noticed is the constant usage of: "I" "me" "mine" "my" etc etc etc.Its being noticed so often it is now truly comical how the fictitious david egoistic identity is attempting to insert, overlay and color everything ! It is truly comical. It is also futile and is seen as to be clumsy and as ungainly as a wild animal or a bull in a china shop, as the expression goes. Just flailing around clamoring for attention. Wanting a foothold. Wanting something ! Anything ! Anything that can "help" it to be real. There is little to no visceral or emotional or physical reaction, response to this. Its just calmly and lightly being noticed for what it is.
This is the clearest way to describe it currently and in this moment. It also "seems" to want to be alarmingly loud and attention getting.
And what is also noticed is that all of this is story telling as well. Labeling. Conceptualizing.
Empty. Truth just is and The truth is that there is nothing and this no thing(ness) is empty of any content and context.

Thank you.

Return to “ARCHIVES”