Could i get a little guide? or a big one?

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
colacharlie

Re: Could i get a little guide? or a big one?

Postby colacharlie » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:44 pm

Hi Petrus,
One quick more question, later maybe more:
You say me referring to your entire body.
Are you the body?

I say me only referring to my entire body. I know there is no fixed Charles inside this body or outside of it.

Arent you making the body a sort of "new I" by that, separate from the rest of the world?
I reread our thread (maybe you do too, and see if there still are issues unmet!) and somewhere I saw this:

Interestingly i don't connect the 'I' with whats in my head but more about this body i have called Charlie for so long.

As we have seen the body is just a concept, made by thought out of sensations of pressure, maybe pain.
If you are healthy you don't even feel the body, except for when hungry, thirsty etc.
What we call our own head is only be seen in mirrors, except for the tip of what should be the nose.
Isn't that true?
All of this (about the body) i am finding the hardest to answer as i feel that i only know it conceptually and not 'wholly' yet. You are right- i do connect 'Charlie' with the body. I think part of the issue maybe that i have had a very long and intense sporting career in which i have tuned into the body massively over 25 years. I personally can feel most sensations in most places of the body and allot of the time i can feel the blood running around so i get a huge amount of sensation from the body whether i want it or not. I can sit and conceptually know that i am not the body but the sensations are so strong and ever present that it is hard to not 'feel' that this is Charlie.
You made a distinction here between moments of pondering and moments of direct experience.
Direct Experience is what is noticed, here and now. (http://liberationunleashed.com/articles ... xperience/). So If there are thoughts there is just experiencing thoughts.
There is nothing wrong with experiencing thoughts, even "I"-thoughts: That is, a as long as you don't believe the content as real!! It is important to be able to distinguish between sensation and the thoughts and mental images that mostly are trying to interpret and assign meaning, but never really succeed.
Can you see this?
Yes i get this. The thoughts now come and go quite happily and i know that the mind and thoughts are not Charlie. On the thought subject- i wonder if my connecting the body with an 'I' is sub-conscious? and that's why i get this vague sense that i am the body and that the body is Charles? Can i ask- what is the thinking about very quiet and almost imperceptible sub conscious thoughts and drives? I know this is thinking but the question keeps coming up for me.
Thoughts come and go. "Use" them whenever needed, discard them if you don't. But isn't this automatically so?
You only think you have to decide what to do with thought, so thought again.Isn't that true?
Yes i get that. Strangely as i wrote that to you a few days ago it sunk in and i knew it as i wrote it lol.
Maybe you never did choose anything, because there is no I to do that?

Again you your body does the it! Have a close look at that.
Plans are made. Period. The body isn't doing that!
As the days have passed since i read this from you i have been keeping an eye on decision making and it does seem that decisions just happen. This made me feel a bit depressed a few days ago hence the quote 'feels like a mouse on a wheel' but I'm letting go of that now and there seems to be a nice flow developing where decisions are sort of just witnessed and the resulting actions just witnessed.
All just happens.
Thinking will never understand. What IS, is beyond thinking, thats why.
Let the mind do his thing now and then, and just relax. Aint that easy?
I am having an ever deepening experience of, as you say- ''All just happens''. I feel a bit like i am surfing at the moment.

Please excuse me if i take a few days to answer your posts but the last few posts you have made have blown 'me', 'my' perception and 'self' very strongly here and there. Everything is changing at the moment everyday and so much seems to be 'opening up'. The sense of space, smoothness, letting go and space opening up has been very profound. I could sum up what the last few days have felt like by saying- letting go is happening.

I thank all that have helped 'me' (this) so far- Thank you.

Regards,

Charlie.

Petrus

Postby Petrus » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:34 am

Hi Charlie,
I can sit and conceptually know that i am not the body but the sensations are so strong and ever present that it is hard to not 'feel' that this is Charlie.
If there is a strong sound, do you feel that is Charlie?
The earth beneath your feet is ever present, do you feel that is Charlie?
You can look as easily at your breathe as you can look at a bird on the tree before you, or at your leg or at a car. What is the difference? It all are experiences. Maybe labeled different, but all is experienced, isnt it?
Maybe this habit of labeling it Charlie will change in the long run.
On the thought subject- i wonder if my connecting the body with an 'I' is sub-conscious?
I would not know what sub-conscious is other than a concept.
Can you experience directly this sub-consciousness?
what is the thinking about very quiet and almost imperceptible sub conscious thoughts and drives?
I am not sure what you are asking here. And not sure either if this really is relevant in this inquiry.

Warm regards, Petrus.

colacharlie

Postby colacharlie » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:34 pm

Hi Petrus,
If there is a strong sound, do you feel that is Charlie?
The earth beneath your feet is ever present, do you feel that is Charlie?
I have been listening to sounds today and then feeling the sensation in my leg and in direct experience they are just sensations and not Charles.
You can look as easily at your breathe as you can look at a bird on the tree before you, or at your leg or at a car. What is the difference? It all are experiences. Maybe labeled different, but all is experienced, isnt it?
Yes they are all just experiences. A bird, this TV screen, this mouse, and this blood sensation are not Charles. I will pay attention to this 'exercise' more now i see that it is all not Charles.
I would not know what sub-conscious is other than a concept.
Can you experience directly this sub-consciousness?
Soon after i wrote this i knew that it was just more thinking and when i sit in direct awareness i cannot experience the sub conscious.
what is the thinking about very quiet and almost imperceptible sub conscious thoughts and drives?
I am not sure what you are asking here. And not sure either if this really is relevant in this inquiry.
I think as i wrote this i knew it was more thinking and not relevant but i put it in so you could see what was going on for me at that moment and to be honest with what was happening.

Regards,

Charles.

Petrus

Postby Petrus » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:18 am

Hi Charlie,

I have no questions anymore. I think its clear.
But if you have more issues: shoot!

I am waiting for the other guides now...

Warm regards, Petrus

Petrus

Postby Petrus » Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:35 am

Hi Charlie,

The other guides have no more questions.
So now a LU admin will contact you and invite you for the "post-gate" groups.
I will see you on the other side...

Warm regards, Petrus

colacharlie

Postby colacharlie » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:19 am

I have just re read my entire post and two things came up- I thanked Petrus in private chat but never said thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone else who helped. Thank you to all the other guides, to Ilona and my love to everything.

The other thing....woooooooow.

To anyone thinking of doing the LU process- go for it if you feel you feel ready. Be honest. Take your time to really connect with the questions. Embrace everything- deny nothing!

Love Colacharlie xx

Return to “ARCHIVES”