Thank you for your reply.
You and I will simply have a conversation, the aim of which will be for you to make the realisation that there is no 'self'. That will be our focus. I will tend to ask various questions and set you some exercises, but nobody will be judging you. You can't get this wrong.
This process is a guided inquiry where specific areas can be examined. I am not a teacher. This is YOUR inquiry. I will not be giving you new ideas and beliefs; only assisting you in examining and questioning the ones that you already have.
Before we start, let’s get through the formalities first:
If you haven't already seen it, there is introductory info here, the disclaimer and a short video too.
A few ground rules:
1. Post at least once a day, if you cannot post, or need more time, let me know.
2. Be 100% honest in your answers and inquiry.
3. Answer only from direct experience (felt senses and observed thoughts). Longwinded
analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress.
4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies and such for the remainder of this investigation.
Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily and
essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.
5. Understand that I will be guiding you, rather than teaching you, and the more you put into this process the more you will get out of it.
A few technical support:
- You can reply to this thread by pushing the purple-orange coloured button 'Post Reply" at the left bottom of this page.
- You can learn to use the quote function, instructions are located in the link below this line:
- Please click the 'subscribe topic' link at the very bottom of the page to ensure you get an email whenever a reply comes in.
If you are happy to agree to the above and have me your guide, we can start the process.
You've already talked about some of your hopes and aims , but I'd like to ask you to go a bit deeper and explore the following questions too?
What are your expectations for seeing through the illusion of the self?
How will Life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
Whatever comes up as a response, either immediately or after a little reflection, it is important to write these down.
Looking forward to hearing from you. Sorry I couldn't respond to your post earlier today. I will usually post at least once a day, more often if time allows. By the way, I am in the UK. What time zone are you?