I'm ready to investigate

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Antony

Re: I'm ready to investigate

Postby Antony » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:04 pm

Thanks Vince. It's great communicating with you. Really enjoying myself :)

I'll answer your question later today. I've got some work to be getting on with for now.
Will drop you a line later.

Enjoy the sleep.

Antony

Antony

Re: I'm ready to investigate

Postby Antony » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:38 pm

Hi Vince,

The background equanimity is becoming more of the foreground is one way of putting it. Very beautiful to see the natural state of peace.

In answer to your first question i don't really feel competent to point others in the right direction just yet. The experience it still dawning. My mind is playing catch up it seems. It's not all completely understood by mind yet. So conceptualising for the purposes of explanation are still challenging. It was particularly lucid when i spoke to you yesterday but this is not always the case. I guess also there is some recurring doubt about how to go about it because there is still doubt that i know what's going on. Seems to be the result of so much conditioning. Still much to be seen through.

How to explain to a 16 year old -
If you watch a movie you forget that you are looking at a screen. You become totally involved in the story that is being displayed. In the same way all the thoughts that arise about your self are just like pictures on a screen. In this way you realise they are just that - thoughts passing by. No matter whether they are about the weather or 'me' there's no difference. Just images on a screen. So the thoughts that occurred never referred to 'me' because 'me' is a thought like any other. There never was an entity, person or thing called 'me'. Just a story.

Return to “ARCHIVES”