cosmic joke

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Xain

Re: cosmic joke

Postby Xain » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:33 pm

Thanks for your replies, eknath.

I will pass our conversation over to other guides for them to have a look at.

My next question is outside of the realms of my guidance for 'the seperate self', but might make further realisations more easy.
In unfiltered direct experience there is only one unified thing or whole
Is this an actual truth? Something that is known to be real or true?
That's not to say that there isn't value in what you are saying - Not at all.
But is this anything more than an idea?

Is 'Direct Experience' a real existing 'thing'? Or an idea?

Using thought, will you ever be able to know anything or describe anything other than just a thought?

Xain ♥

Xain

Postby Xain » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:42 am

Well that was quick!
All our guides here are very happy with your answers, Eknath, and so am I.

It has been a pleasure guiding you, and thank you for sticking in there to see the process through to the end.
Our conversation here is now over, although you may PM me any questions you have. (Click the red name 'Xain' and select 'Send Private Message').

If you are on Facebook, please let me know your Facebook name or page link (in a private message as well) and I will get you added to our Facebook forums. There are also forums for newcomers, general chat and 'further looking' which might interest you.

All the best to you
Xain ♥

eknath

Postby eknath » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:15 am

Xain, yes indeed, using thought creates a circular reference to other thoughts and all the limitations of language apply, thoughts separate and try to comprehend or objectify experience while originating from and being a small non-separate flavour of that very same stream of experience, word-based thoughts are 'relative' by definition and cannot possibly know what has no inherent limitation or opposite or division (the absolute to use an abstract term), but the limitations of the mind can be understood by logic

thats why i find it impossible to answer the question 'what makes things happen?', that would only be a conceptual game

'direct experience' is just another term used on this forum a lot, i find it quite useful as it is neutral and non-spiritual (awareness consciousness beingness i am etc are all tainted), it appears to be grounding and opening to the senses, away from an exclusive mental focus, it is not experience as opposed to anything else but what always already includes everything, it is 'one big soup' including the mind trying to dissect it

at best i can adhere to 'whatever appears, what is, or just this, or suchness', the typical non-dual expressions that do not make sense until they do

eknath

Postby eknath » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:33 am

your answer was quick

the pleasure was mutual, thank you very very much xain, i feel very grateful and would like take my hat of for you and the other guides

looking forward to other forums and further looking, the fire has just been lit

Return to “ARCHIVES”