I have just registered and would like some help

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
catherine

Re: I have just registered and would like some help

Postby catherine » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:17 pm

Next... You are doing so great! Almost there.
Can you examine the character catherine, look at the story, can you see how beautiful she is?
Can you tell me how this character looks like from point of view of different people- partner, family, colegue, stranger etc. can you tell if there is an actor 'me' that plays character character? How about the script?

Just examine the story itself, how it works, not focusing on content.

Examining the character Catherine, she looks like she has many character traits, things she likes, preferences, habits, interests, and this can look a bit different from different peoples point of view i.e a boss at work might see a different character from her husband at home or her best friend or her child might see her differently than her mother would or the people she meets through her work would view her differently than her sister. Everybody seeing differently depending on the role she is in with them. The particular role shapes what she looks like from the different people's viewpoint.So Catherine,s character is playing lots of different roles in the story.... woman, wife, daughter, mother, friend, colleague, team member, citizen,sister, in -law....and many more and these show the character having many different aspects when she is seen from all these perspectives.

Can I tell if there is an actor ' me' that plays Catherine's character?
The script of the story of Catherine's character is playing out all by itself,there is no "me" doing something and the character traits are shaped by the different roles as she responds to the particular environment she is in, which can be influenced by the role at the time e.g. whether at work or at home. The mind has given the character multiples of labels which are ever expanding and exhausting! Just as the mind has labelled everything that happens and that there is a "I" doing it , the mind has labelled the character is "me".

What a freeing thought this is, wow from being so identified with the roles.....

Ilona
Site Admin

I have just registered and would like some help

Postby Ilona » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:05 am

Yes it's very freeing to see how roles are playing out naturally and story is unfolding effortlessly. All is happening to no one, for no reason, simply life is going on. It's safe to retire from being a general manager of life, hehe.

So tell me, is there a separate driver 'me', that is in charge of life? Was there ever a self?

What is real? ( as in does not disappear if you stop believing in it)

Lots of love!
Truth realized will set you free.
http://ilonaciunaite.com/book

catherine

Postby catherine » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:58 pm

Yes it's very freeing to see how roles are playing out naturally and story is unfolding effortlessly. All is happening to no one, for no reason, simply life is going on. It's safe to retire from being a general manager of life, hehe.

So tell me, is there a separate driver 'me', that is in charge of life? Was there ever a self?

What is real? ( as in does not disappear if you stop believing in it)

Lots of love!
Hi Ilona

retiring from being a general manager of life feels great!

No, there is no separate driver "me" that's in charge of life, no decision maker and no orchestrator, there is no me that is separate from experience
There is no self now and there never was a self, just the "I" thought that was believed, this belief in "me" is the cause of suffering

What is real; the physical body (human organism) that is playing out the character , physical surroundings, objects, and the natural world including plants, birds, animals and what is happening;experiencing experiences, life happening is real

big thanks and love

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:47 pm

thank you! i see that you are through :))) awesome.
tell me please, what was that last bit that made you look?
how would you explain this no you thingy to somebody who never heard of it before?

how does it feel to be liberated?

lots of love!

catherine

Postby catherine » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:39 pm

thank you! i see that you are through :))) awesome.
tell me please, what was that last bit that made you look?
how would you explain this no you thingy to somebody who never heard of it before?

how does it feel to be liberated?

lots of love!

Hi Ilona

Seeing through the fear was a huge help initially and seeing that there is no decision maker,I was stuck on that...feeling that "I" am responsible for what happens but sitting with it for many hours over the past two days, in a quiet room and asking the questions exactly as you asked them, giving it my full attention, I just saw,it became clear, especially by focusing on the relationship between what is happening and thought,{ the thought always claiming "I " am doing something but not being able to find a" me" that is separate from the experience that is happening}

I would explain this no you thingy to someone who has never heard of it as:
the mind is playing a great trick that is believed, that the individual is the author of their life and we have never gone directly looking to find this' you' that is a separate entity that is controlling/directing your life, just accepting this is true; But this 'you' cannot be found if we go directly looking for it because it does not exist, life is just happening by itself.You don,t exist separate from life but as life's experiences. There is no loss experienced on seeing this because the belief in a separate 'you' causes all of the suffering that is experienced.

How does it feel to be liberated; It feels really freeing right now,"I" am not responsible, feels amazing. Now just sit back and allow/accept what is happening, "I" am not in control and never was, that feels awesome and funny
too!!Feeling very light and joyful also.Liberating is a good word for it.

Feeling so grateful for your guidance and this forum
much love xx

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:31 pm

It was a pleasure to read your words, yes, this is it. It's mind blowing how simple that is and how we never question the existance of 'I' the manager.

Welcome to the ride without a driver :) so much to explore.
Let this sink in a bit, it takes a little time to adjust. Please join the unleashed Facebook group :) its great for support and meeting new friends.

Could you describe the moment of seeing as it happened? What was going on in the mind and in the body? In high detail pls.

Love!

catherine

Postby catherine » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:47 am

It was a pleasure to read your words, yes, this is it. It's mind blowing how simple that is and how we never question the existance of 'I' the manager.

Welcome to the ride without a driver :) so much to explore.
Let this sink in a bit, it takes a little time to adjust. Please join the unleashed Facebook group :) its great for support and meeting new friends.

Could you describe the moment of seeing as it happened? What was going on in the mind and in the body? In high detail pls.

Love!
Hi Ilona

I sent a reply to this but I,m not sure if it went properly so will check in the morning and send another one if it doesn,t show up.

catherine

Postby catherine » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Could you describe the moment of seeing as it happened?

It was when I was focusing on looking for a 'me' that is separate from experiences. I was tuning into the experience of hearing sounds and the thought in my mind was to try to find a line between me a hearer and hearing. It just hit me,a realisation that just hearing is happening , no me that it is happening to. There was an aliveness in my body like the body springing to attention. It felt good, emotionally.I,ve been feeling energised since then,not sleeping as much..
That was the first glimpse.I have a desire to hang on to that moment because its not continuous.But there is a feeling of spaciousness that is staying.
There's some doubt thoughts coming,so it's really good to go back to that moment.

Thank you for the invitation to the facebook group.

love Catherine

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:36 pm

this is beautiful. thank you, you have been great!
look at the doubt, isn't that just another though passing by effortlessly. no need to believe what they say.

see you at Unleashed.

lots of love.

Return to “ARCHIVES”