Looking for someone to guide me, please !

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Freddi

Re: Looking for someone to guide me, please !

Postby Freddi » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi Jadoo,
One moment it is seen that what is is, and there is nothing else, at other times there seems to be a ‘me’ solidly there..
The key word you use is ‘seems’. Is this appearance believed or not? Does it point to a fact?
Does ‘seems’ equal ‘is’? We have looked for ‘me’ as the body, the experiencer, the thinker, the chooser etc. and we could not find it in the aliveness of what is, only in thought.
This working through of learned patterns and conditioning can take some time, Jadoo, ultimately a life time. When this process is complete, we have a couple of support groups which can help you with this.

The question I would ask you is when you say ‘there seems to be a ‘me’, is that sense pointing to a reality?
From time to time, it also seems that there is a Fred here, but it is no longer believed in.

To have seen through the illusion of self does not mean that the idea of self never pops up again, it does. Less and less maybe, but it does. So I would ask you: Have you SEEN through the illusion of self?
Answer the six questions if your answer to this is a YES.
If not, show me where that separate self is and we will take another look together.

Warm wishes,

Fred
"To come to your senses you have to go out of your mind" - Alan Watts

Jadoo

Postby Jadoo » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:38 pm

Hi Fred !

Thank you very much for your post its very useful esp the last line ! Will answer the same tomorrow.

With thanks and warm wishes,

Jadoo.

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:16 pm

OK Jadoo, looking forward to it.

Warm wishes,

Fred

Jadoo

Postby Jadoo » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:45 pm

Hi Fred !

Its been really hectic, want to ask for 1 to 2 days will definately get back before that, am getting into groove, and dedicated, thanks for understanding.

With warm wishes and thanks,

Jadoo.

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi Jadoo

Earnestness = ripeness = pass through the 'gate'.
I look forward to hearing from you as soon as you can.

With warm wishes,

Fred

Jadoo

Postby Jadoo » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:41 am

Hi Fred !

Thank you have been tied up with something really urgent and taxing will get back appreciate your paitence,

With gratitude and warm wishes,

Vijay.

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:31 am

No problem, Vijay !

I am not going anywhere, and I look forward to hearing from you.
With warm wishes,

Fred

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:22 am

Meanwhile if there are any fears or issues you'd like to discuss, I'm here ;-)

Jadoo

Postby Jadoo » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:27 pm

Hi Fred!

Thank you for your post! Thanks for the offer about the fears or issues, I wanted to ask your help.

Actually the last few days was very busy and the mind was occupied with urgent things and was unable to spend time in contemplation. There were the usual thoughts and stories in the mind and a lot of belief in them. Now that there is little more time, there is somewhat some contemplation and I have begun reading our posts again, and somewhat more 'in touch' with all that we have written.
Whereas when things were stressed out, even if i tried to contemplate it looked like it was impossible and I wasnt going anywhere even if i there was focus on whether it was just sensations.

A few days back there was an interesting feeling like 'everything arising here' and that whatever arises is, and if there is a feeling of not understanding also then that too was what is arising here, and a sort of distance with what was happening, yet not quite.

Hope im not digressing from the topic somewhat, im beginning to think about the answers to the questions, also...

Thanks a lot its really appreciated,

Jadoo.

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi Jadoo

Thanks for your post. Glad you’re back after your busy days …
A few days back there was an interesting feeling like 'everything arising here' and that whatever arises is, and if there is a feeling of not understanding also then that too was what is arising here
Thank you for sharing this piece of clarity. The feeling of not understanding is ALSO what is. Life doing what it does. Only it is happening to no one. And the belief in the stories that the thoughts tell us is also what is arising. Is there a problem with this particular arising? Who or what is labelling this ‘belief in thought’ as bad?
It is perfectly normal to be more aware of this illusory nature of the self while in contemplation than when preoccupied with some demanding event.
a sort of distance with what was happening, yet not quite
Do you mean less involvement? Less attachment? That’s quite likely. There can be a ‘relax and let it all happen’ kind of feeling.

I encourage you to answer the six questions, as honestly and fully as you can, and we can take a look together.

Warm wishes,

Fred

Jadoo

Postby Jadoo » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:17 am

Hi Fred !

Here are the answers !

1. There is no separate 'self', 'me', 'I' at all anywhere, in any way, shape or form. There are only sensations, feelings, thoughts, sights. Some may say I or point to an I but they are what they are and dont add up to an I. There nevere was any I.

2. The thoughts create a 'feedback' system so as to speak, and to label everything. Therefore if a thought arises, or feeling arises, or a sight arises, the thoughts are quick to label this as 'my' feeling, 'my' thought 'my' sight. This gives a continuous feeling or thought that there is is 'someone' experiencing the thoughts, feelings and the sights. But a feeling or thought that someone is experiencing is not the same as someone is feeling and experiencing. Each of the individual sensations, feelings, thought investigated dont contain a separate I so together also they cant.

3. There is somewhat more of an ease and less anxiety

4. The last part that there was difficulty with was that this process was somehow going to get 'rid' of suffering and the same thought was subconscious. Later realised that everything arises, and that none of the same need to change, a kind of acceptance abides.
5. There is no one deciding, intending, choosing and in control, and everything appears spontaneously. Breathing, thinking, moving, deciding, its all a continuum and its is impossible to say what will happen next.

For example what will I decide to eat, how will I spend my afternoon, who will be there to decide any way, it will appear moment after moment like an unfolding.

I am also travelling on the road for the next 4-5 days and may not have access to a computer but will try my
best to keep in touch......Heartfelt gratitude for all your help the same is very much appreciated.

With warm regards, and much gratitude as always,

Jadoo.

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:24 am

Hi Jadoo !

Thank you for those lovely clear answers. I will now invite other guides to have a look, which is our normal practice. If any of them has any more question, I will come back to you.

Warm wishes

Fred

Freddi

Postby Freddi » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:26 pm

Hi again Jadoo
No further questions from other guides :-)
It has been a real privilege and a pleasure to accompany you in this investigation. I have sent you a private message.
Warm wishes
Fred

Return to “ARCHIVES”