Am I there yet?

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
EmptySet00

Re: Am I there yet?

Postby EmptySet00 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:20 pm

Separate bodies, and separate objects in general, are defined by thoughts. The boundaries are in the mind.

What moves bodies? I thought about that one- Themselves? Nature/ The Tao? Life? Nothing? All of those really boil down to "I don't know- it's just happening!"

A single body and its boundary, whether "mine" or others', is an idea. My body is a set of sensations- position, muscle tone, whatever I'm touching, hot or cold sensations, any pain.

Interesting!
It's all fun and games until somebody loses an "I"!

EmptySet00

Postby EmptySet00 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:01 am

Update/ summary:

- Still can't find "I"/ "me" anywhere but thoughts. Things still crop up that get labeled "me", but if it gets my attention and I start looking it's always just the identification process, a feeling of "me"- ness that gets attached to a thought or sensation. Inevitably starts shifting around or dissolving as soon as I start chasing after it. "Maybe it really is actually there! Oops, there it went- got away again!" This isn't bothering me. It's kind of like hide and seek, and the seeker can never find the hider.

- I do get caught up both in the apparent solidity of things and in stories, but that's bothering me less too.

- The doubts have really subsided. Just don't think about it much any more. Everything's just really obvious if I'm not caught up in a web of thoughts.

- I do get caught up in thoughts a lot, and sometimes find it bothersome, even though I know it's inevitable. It's becoming increasingly clear how thoughts weave together to generate detailed impressions of how things are. These impressions may or may not be true, or part true but part not. I'm more aware of the mind spinning these webs, followed by the process of getting caught in them and then getting disentangled by asking myself which thoughts make sense and are relevant to what I'm dealing with at a particular time.

- The thoughts that form an "introverted personality" here don't want to give up their separateness, because it means never being alone! This can be disturbing or amusing, depending on my mood at the time. (Also, it's become a lot easier to accept how inconsistent and changeable emotions and moods can be when they're not latched on to as "mine"!)

ES

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:00 am

- Still can't find "I"/ "me" anywhere but thoughts.
Are you expecting to find it still? :) like a kid, still waiting for a Real Santa to show up?

Can you describe in detail, how getting coughed up in thoughts happen and what is hat gets caught up?

Sending love.
Truth realized will set you free.
http://ilonaciunaite.com/book

EmptySet00

Postby EmptySet00 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:03 pm

Getting caught up in thoughts- Something will happen and a thought about it will follow: "Gee, what a beautiful spring day!" Then a whole cascade of thoughts will follow that: "This reminds me of the day when so-and-so and I were at the park and we were talking about... " Then more thoughts about the subject we were talking about, sometimes into further chains of memory or speculation. Meanwhile, I'm paying less and less attention to the beautiful spring day going on now. Maybe by the time I realized what happened, I'm indoors and wondering how I got so far off on a tangent thinking about how something about the weather today reminded me of a trip I took to a certain place a couple of years ago, then thinking about all the associations I have with that place.

Nothing is "caught up" in the thoughts, it's like a ball of string tangled up in itself. Thoughts leading to other thoughts and going around in all kinds of loops. Getting "caught" refers to having my attention completely absorbed in the thought- loops to the point where what's in the thought- loops can feel more real than whatever else is going on. Sometimes I'm jarred out of them by something, usually an immediate sensation, something I see, something I hear, somebody starting to talk to me. Other times a thought comes up that seems really "out there"- some fantasy or distant memory or worry about something really unlikely, followed by "How did I get thinking about that?", followed by the "disentangling"- "Why am I thinking about life on Mars? Probably because I was talking about it with someone a few days ago, then saw a picture of the solar system just now... " Then the whole thing seems to "unwind" and drop, and it's on to the next thing.

These thought loops are funny- they often include lots of stories about "me" and things I've identified with. When this happens it's like the kid at the mall seeing the fat man with the beard and wondering if it's really Santa for a little bit. But of course it's always someone dressed up as Santa and pretending. "I" am never anything more substantial than a bunch of thought- loops. Then- poof!- it evaporates.

ES

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:59 pm

Nice! Welcome to blue people land :)) I will send you a pm on how to join Facebook groups.

Have a wonderful day!
Much love
Truth realized will set you free.
http://ilonaciunaite.com/book

EmptySet00

Postby EmptySet00 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:26 am

Once again, a big THANK YOU written in skywriting! Off to Blue People Land now- wheeee!!!

Return to “ARCHIVES”