"Stuck" in searching

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Ellen

Re: "Stuck" in searching

Postby Ellen » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:37 am

Happy New Year to you too, Moonlight!

And thank you for asking me to share.

Yesterday I felt kind of disoriented after reading your questions. I realised that I had still been answering from thinking. I felt somehow subdued, quiet and „on hold“.

Your question whether there is any sort of self without there being any thought about it was and is for me easy to answer: No, there isn’t.

Today this shows that anything that appears is something appearing. Like the thought of self: If there is no thought of self, there is no self. If there is no appearance, there is no appearance. The experiencer is an appearance too. But you know you can’t really talk about this. It all end in nothing. Appearing as something. But maybe these words come too glibly; I know I have heard them before, so they’re not „mine“. But they are very apt at the moment.

I’m still feeling very quiet and kind of disoriented. Typing takes place, thinking about the words takes place, but without involvement, with a certain ease. Although I am really taking care to find the right words, I don’t worry about them. The fingers type, and that’s nice. It’s all very quiet.

But I feel that I’m still somehow „absorbed“ by something in the background. Apart from that I’m fine and altogether not there. That was meant as a joke :-)

Love to you.

Moonlight

Postby Moonlight » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:21 pm

wow, Ellen! I think you're really seeing it. Please answer the questions below.

1) Is there a you, at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was it ever there?

2) Explain in detail what the self is and how it works.

Much love back!
Life...is all there is. Wonderfully ordinary, extraordinarily wonderful.
http://wakingfromdelusion.blogspot.com/

Ellen

Postby Ellen » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:40 pm

Thank you for your answer, Moonlight, on the first day of the new year!

I’m not seeing it at all, it can’t be put that way. Sorry if I’m picking on words, but they just seem so wrong. It’s got nothing to do with seeing, more with being. Seeing would be knowledge, a knower and something known. This is more felt, a different way of being. An absence. And presence. Hmm. And I don’t have any trouble using the words „I“, „me“, „you“ etc. They’re just not filled with what they used to be filled with. It’s funny to read some of the threads now (just glanced at a few). The angle of the „I“ seems so off. Not that I’m laughing at anybody (how could I!), but it really is also a little bit funny.

To your questions:

1) Is there a you, at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was it ever there?

What’s a „you“? What’s an „I“? The reference point’s missing here.

2) Explain in detail what the self is and how it works.

There’s no interest in this question here at all. And no answer. At least at present. Sorry for being so unforthcoming! But honest. There’s just nothing more to search for. And no need to know.

Feel free to ask me more questions if you like.

Thank you for your all clear questioning, Moonlight! I always loved answering as honestly and clearly as I possibly could. Thank you very, very much.

Moonlight

Postby Moonlight » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:12 pm

Ha ha, Ellen, thanks for your honesty and candor!

By 'seeing' I mean seeing that the self is an illusion. Not believing it, or thinking it, actually seeing it.

Hmm these questions are necessary to find out if that really is the case.

How about if you tell me if you feel if there is anything called the self at all, in any form?

And then, how would you explain this to someone who has never heard of it before, someone completely inexperienced in any spirituality stuff?

Ellen

Postby Ellen » Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:52 am

Hmm these questions are necessary to find out if that really is the case.
That’s all right. That’s why I said feel free to ask me more questions.
How about if you tell me if you feel if there is anything called the self at all, in any form?
There’s no self at all. And that’s wonder-ful.
And then, how would you explain this to someone who has never heard of it before, someone completely inexperienced in any spirituality stuff?
In my own words (the way I answered last night, with little additions today): The heart beats. There’s no little man inside beating it. It just beats. That’s how your life is lived. It doesn’t matter whether you’re asleep or awake – your heart beats anyway. It doesn’t matter whether you believe you’re the motor of your life or not – just like it’s not a matter of belief whether the heart beats or not. Either way your life is lived and the heart beats. When the belief falls away that it has anything to do with you, you notice that the heart is beating and that life is being lived. It never had anything to do with a you at all. That’s freedom. But nobody was ever bound. Everything is just appearing now. To no-one. And wondrously so.

This morning's answer:

where’s the footstep in the snow
once the snow has melted
where’s the stain
once it’s been removed
no amount of looking
can make it appear
or prove that it was ever there

All of the above is more a description than an explanation, I know. Keep on asking questions if you feel it’s necessary. I love it.

Moonlight

Postby Moonlight » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:14 pm

Lovely description, Ellen. :) Can you humor me, and give an explanation too? It might seem unnecessary at this point, but we need to be clear before confirming.So please, explain away to someone who doesn't know about it. Like to a child.

One more question: If there is no self at all, what is there? Is there anything/anyone behind the experiencing?

Nearly done, Ellen!

Ellen

Postby Ellen » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:13 am

Good morning Moonlight! Your question is so nicely put, how could I not humour you :-)

My explanation (as) to a child might run as follows:

If you write a name on a piece of paper, will the paper be that name? No... If you get a pet and give it a name, will that pet be that name? No... Or will it just be a pet you named in this way? Yes.... Will the pet have been breathing and eating and drinking already before you gave it that name? Yes.... If you yourself had another name, would you still be breathing and eating and drinking? Yes.... So if you had no name at all, would breathing, eating and drinking still be happening? Yes.... Yes, and that’s how it is. We are all breathing, eating and drinking without a name. Breathing, eating and drinking (and everything else) is happening to no one. It’s just happening.

No, there’s nothing/nobody behind the experiencing.

Have a lovely day!

Moonlight

Postby Moonlight » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Ellen, I am so pleased to tell you that we have the confirmations needed from the other guides. Welcome!

The walk to the gate with you has been a joy. I am grateful for that.

Sometimes, after the gate, life can be disorienting. Life as we knew it, is changed. Stuff might come up, and emotions arise, things like that. We have a facebook group for the newly liberated, to discuss these things, life from this new perspective, support, etc. It will be great if you join, it's:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/200033776715393/

With much love, thank you once again.

Return to “ARCHIVES”