AWAkening is just a click AWAy ... (ifUwant2)

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Robin.

Re: AWAkening is just a click AWAy ... (ifUwant2)

Postby Robin. » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:00 am

Nudge.

CreatriX

Postby CreatriX » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:17 pm

1. There's absolutely no me/I, it cannot be found anywhere, it has no shape or form because it does not exist in reality and never did. Self is a lie, a false, misleading belief.

2. The 'I' is only a word, a thought and there is nothing solid or stable behind it - it's an illusion or fantasy.
En example : 'January ' is only a word, which labels a certain time period. And we tend to agree and believe that 'January ' exists - but this is not true.
Personality is built around the self, which is created by variety of different thoughts/feelings. Together with the body they create an individual, a person.
Every thought and sensation is attached to the imaginary self. Animals don't have a self - they don't think/speak. They don't need a thinking, controlling mind in order to survive. Thoughts are only concepts, something artificially created by the mind. They come and go and cause reactions. Yes, there are emotions and there are thoughts, but there is no self.

3. One of the results of liberation is that lots of toxic emotions left my system and my body feels much cleaner, stronger, healthier. Also, relationship with my mother is getting better. It has been a lifelong problem and I was not able to solve it no matter how hard I tried. Now it is clear to me why : the problems (=thoughts!) were built around the non-existential "I".
I care much less about things what usually bothered and irritated me - It's all vanity anyways.
I have lost interest in reading magazines on psychology and similar kinds - it's all about fixing and making to look better the ego, instead of realizing the roots of suffering.

In my understanding what we call liberation is seeing through this veil of illusion. I was liberated from the attachment to the self and the tyranny of it. No more seeing from the perspective of "I" - and this is kind of a shift what changes everything .
This is leading to awakening and finally to enlightenment. Which is the only reason why we were born on this planet.

4. the answer is coming soon ...
"The teaching that the ego does not exist, can create intellectual confusion. The ego is only an idea--however strongly held by the mind--and as such does exist." Paul Brunton
http://www.enlightened-spirituality.org ... vaita.html

Robin.

Postby Robin. » Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:14 pm

Hello Agynes. Thank you for your last post. I still would like to know your answer to the final question. This is of interest to us all here at LU.

Would you also write a few lines on how this liberation has changed your life? How do you feel now when you identify yourself with the world, compared to how you were feeling before we began?

Much love. Robin.

CreatriX

Postby CreatriX » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:07 am

Before, my understanding was that I am NOT my ego, I only HAVE an ego (in order to be able to function in this world, but not to be taken too seriously). And following a spiritual path means that I am working on my ego to make it 'smaller' and hopefully it will disappear or die one day. But this is a dualistic view.

Since realizing that the "I" is not the subject, life does not seem to be hard anymore, because there is no "I",
no attachment and no ownership. There is no need to fix "my life" and no need to control how is it going.
Agynes can finally RELAX and she does not have to wait for it until the end of her life ! Great !
This change is like when a linear/horizontal movement turns into a vertical where life is flowing in a different, new dimension which has just opened. It has been always there, I only did not see it before - I was blind or asleep.

4. How would you describe it to somebody who has never heard about no separate entity ‘me’?

Well... the bad news is that 'there is no you '... and the good news is that 'there is no you'...
Why ? And how is it possible that the self is an illusion created by the mind/thoughts ?

First I would shortly explain what is the direct pointing method. Let's get Real !
Here we are not focusing on 'who I am' but on 'who I am NOT'.
It is like: not me trying to reach or find God (which is impossible, because in reality there's no me)
but to humble or erase my-self, so IT can be found. It Happens. Magick happens.

The DP method is about finding out if our beliefs represent truth ?
It only requires honestly looking inward, examining our thoughts, sensations, what they are, how they function, what is the relationship between them and the body. We have to look deep and see what is behind the self ?
We find Nothing .... What is at the same time Everything.... Freedom.... Salvation... End of suffering.
It is about leaving behind false beliefs and recognizing the simple Truth that there is no self.
So, at the end we realize by directly seeing that 'me' is nothing but a thought about 'me'.
(This was my AHA moment.) And this is it !

From people with christian background I would ask first what is their interpretation of Jesus's teaching ;
He said that if we want to follow him, we have to 'loose ourselves'.
What is a self and why is it important to 'loose' it ? [it is preventing us from seeing Oneness]
And what does it mean 'the Truth will set us free' ? To free from what ? [our misleading mind/thoughts],
and how ? [by looking at them and realizing that they create illusion].

In my understanding the "I" thought is what the Bible calls original sin.
Realizing no-self means regaining back the (seemingly) lost innocence by falling into duality.
And what is a selfless action? It only happens - there's no ego involved in it - there is nobody doing it.
"The teaching that the ego does not exist, can create intellectual confusion. The ego is only an idea--however strongly held by the mind--and as such does exist." Paul Brunton
http://www.enlightened-spirituality.org ... vaita.html

Return to “ARCHIVES”