Looking for a guide through the gate

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
s-p-a-c-e

Re: Looking for a guide through the gate

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi Jacki,

Really loving to read - heart-warming! :)

Would you have a look at each question below and respond fully, openly and honestly to what comes up - thank you.
These questions help to support and clarify the shift.

1) Is there a 'me', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever? how about self, is there anything that is separate from everything else?

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works.

3) How does it feel to see this? describe in detail.

4) How would you describe it to somebody who has never heard about this illusion but is curious about it.

5) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look? was there a specific moment when seeing happened or was it gradual? what exactly happened?

WIth my best wishes,
John
"The more he looked inside, the more Piglet wasn't there." - A.A.Milne

Author, The Faun's Apprentice - see on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fauns-Apprenti ... B01AR2B63U

inspiredguide

Postby inspiredguide » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:14 pm

Hi Jacki,

Really loving to read - heart-warming! :)

Would you have a look at each question below and respond fully, openly and honestly to what comes up - thank you.
These questions help to support and clarify the shift.

1) Is there a 'me', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever? how about self, is there anything that is separate from everything else?

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works.

4) How would you describe it to somebody who has never heard about this illusion but is curious about it.

5) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look? was there a specific moment when seeing happened or was it gradual? what exactly happened?

WIth my best wishes,
John
Thank you, John! I'll get to work on these questions later this evening.

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Cool :)

inspiredguide

Postby inspiredguide » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Hi John,

Here are the responses to the questions asked.... I just numbered them instead of quoting everything again.
Thank you!

With So Much Love,
Jacki

Absolutely NOT on all questions. No separation. It like everything is one big mirror.

The illusion of 'separate self' is a thought believed, a story, that there is an 'I", a 'me', that is real and that is somehow interconnected to a body. It's just one more story we tell. It is an assumption that there are many individual minds 'out there' all vying for a position, all wanting to be special, all wanting to be right, all wanting to be ahead. It is an illusion that appears very real (as most illusions do…), but the validity of it can not be proved. Where is this separate self, this I or me? It can't be seen. It can't be found. It is an unquestioned concept, but not reality.

The illusion of a separate self may begin when language is learned, when memory takes hold, as soon as labels are placed on everything we see. It might also begin with the division of the first cell. The belief could start as soon as we are named. As soon as a label is slapped on us, we begin to believe we are a something, an object separated from the other objects with names/labels. With language we begin to notice that everything has a different name/label. That object is a cat. That object is a tree. What is that? What's it's name? And as soon as something has a label, it is concurred that it must be real. It seems that no proof is necessary for something to be real, the label appears to be sufficient enough to most everyone who has not done some inquiry. And without questioning the reality in or of a name, herd consciousness just goes on assuming that the label has substance.

It ultimately feels like a blessed relief! Like there is no longer this entrapment of feeling so responsible, or trying to be in control for and of everything that happens. It's just life happening. It feels like freedom. It also feels mind boggling (well… if I had a mind it would feel boggled… :-D) to delve into inquiry about this illusion, kind of like contemplating infinity, but so rewarding and exhilarating to realize the truth. Doing this inquiry more formally the last couple of days, feels so solid that there is no I, that separate self is illusion. It feels like home. Like something I've always known, but never took the time to really look at or question. There are some feelings of sadness, too, like when a good friend moves away, or when you realize that what you have been believing was a lie - the awkward feeling of a comfort zone being pulled out from under one. But, I am soooo happy that there is more awareness of this illusion happening, and grateful for Liberation Unleashed!

Are you comfortable in the prison your mind and thoughts keep you in, comfortable trying to control the uncontrollable? Or would you rather be liberated beyond any freedom you have ever known? Are you ready to walk through some fire, and burn off the last vestiges of the biggest lie going? Or would you rather stick your head in the ground and keep pretending? It's all up to you. All it takes is asking yourself a few questions, taking a good, honest look at what comes up, and letting go of something that you thought was very real. It's not totally easy, sometimes the ease level is pretty low, but it's really very simple. We're just looking for truth - dumping the concepts, the worldly, herd conscious beliefs that everyone mindlessly buys into, and seeing Truth. We tend to believe the thoughts that float through consciousness. We even believe that we own them. We believe that we own the body, and everything thing else we can hold on to. We believe we exist. These are all mindless, unquestioned beliefs. Believing that something is real does not make it so. Most of us have been deluded. Most of us enjoy the delusion. We love the stories. We even believe the stories are reality. And we suffer, because we are believing a lie. What if you found out that the you you believe you are never existed? What if you understood that there is in reality no separation. You say, "How can that be?", and yet you can look, and look, and look, and never find any proof of the "i"s existence - only a belief or thought unquestioned. An illusion so real appearing, yet with no substance whatsoever. Ask yourself, "Who and where is the "i" or "me" that thinks it owns this body?" Who and where is this I who thinks it needs or wants something? The minute we begin to name and label objects, they appear real to us, and they appear to be separate. But this appearance has no validity, it's just another story. Without the illusion of a separate self, all manner of things which before were invisible - not noticed, are there to be seen - openings happen, ways clear, paths light up, freedom reigns, Life continues to happen.

I was taught that there is no separate self from the beginning - since I appeared to be 'born', but it was always more of a concept to me. I knew the words, but never really did any inquiry to prove it for myself. This concept has been an integral part of my being for a long time. However, I was also still given all the names and labels, and had to live in a world where there were very few who understood or even contemplated any of this. As a child, the desire to belong outweighed for me the fortitude it took to somewhat stand alone and continually question and stand up for what was truly real. My friends thought I was weird enough, without telling them we didn't actually exist. I guess you could say I was kind of a closet 'no self-er' growing up, as I believed there was no real separate self - that the 'I' everyone thought they were wasn't true, but I never took the time or effort to get any real understanding and see it as a complete truth. As I was doing the inquiry the first time the other day, something snapped right in the middle of typing. All of a sudden I saw and felt so clearly that there was no me to be found. I was typing and suddenly I felt like I was in a tunnel looking out at the fingers typing and it wasn't me. "I" wasn't there. No where. It was all just happening. Ever since then I can't utter or think a sentence containing pronouns without stopping and asking "Who is this I or me that 'needs' or 'wants', or whatever, this or that??" It has become so automatic, and it always brings me face to face with the truth. I try to ask silently, but sometimes I can't help blurting it out, usually only to my husband, who so far, hasn't gotten tired of hearing me, as he too is working on letting go of the illusion of self.

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:55 pm

Hi Jacki,

Thank you for the heartfelt and full responses - really appreciated!!

I've asked the other guides to take a look and they may come back with more comments or questions.

Will be in touch very soon.

With my warmest wishes,
John

inspiredguide

Postby inspiredguide » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm

Thank you so much, John!

With Love,
Jacki

s-p-a-c-e

Postby s-p-a-c-e » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:18 am

Hi Jacki,

Have just sent you a PM (private message) if you could check your inbox. :)

Best wishes,
John

Return to “ARCHIVES”