ok intellectually stuck ready for guide in 3.2.1..go

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
gazzam

ok intellectually stuck ready for guide in 3.2.1..go

Postby gazzam » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:32 am

male - earth years 48.6 - Occupation telecommunications -married-5 kids
1.oneness understood
2.detachment understood
3.Reasoning of no self understood.
4.when looking for the false self to see where it is not !, who,s doing the looking , it feels, like its the self
looking for the self. and in that case stuck in a never ending circle.
e.g
advice ?
Look and you will see!

gazzam

Re: ok intellectually stuck ready for guide in 3.2.1..go

Postby gazzam » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:55 am

oh and forgot to say thank you in advance so thankyou.
p.s. also willing to under go, any contract of commitment a guide should choose. committed !! :)
gm
Look and you will see!

jimw

Postby jimw » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:34 am

Hi Gazzam, I will happily guide you !

Sounds like you are ready to go, but will need to ask anyway, are you happy to to:

1. Have complete commitment to the process. Posting everyday (or as near as possible, life pending!)
2. To avoid other spiritual teachings, books etc. just for the time being.
3. To be completely honest with your guide.
4. To only speak from your direct personal experience, not concepts or other teachings.

We ask these things to make to make the process as efficient and easy as possible for both parties.

What do you think ? Are you ready to start ?

I'm in the UK (in case of time lag between posts!)

gazzam

Postby gazzam » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:36 am

yes indeed !!!
Look and you will see!

gazzam

Postby gazzam » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:41 am

ready :) thanks jimw
Look and you will see!

gazzam

Postby gazzam » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:04 am

Im ready and agree to all of the above Gary
Look and you will see!

jimw

Postby jimw » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:25 am

Hi Gary, glad that you agree.

Remember, we are here to guide you based on direct experience, not by thinking / intellectual acrobatics. There is no need to gain any extra teachings / knowledge etc.

Also, we expect regular posting. In return I will be checking the thread at least once or twice day and doing everything I can to guide you. The process works by me asking questions and you answering based on direct experience.

Right, lets get started!

Could you tell me what your expectations are for this process and why you are here ? Just have a good rant, say whatever comes to mind.

gazzam

Postby gazzam » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:46 am

Hi jimw

Expectations : challenging, but swift procedure through the gate, into the realm of complete oneness with out self .
the joy of loss of ego and Id.
opening a new path/paths for understanding and helping others.

why is Gary here , because he,s being searching for and moving towards this point since he was 16. always knowing when he looked out at the world he wasn't seeing it quite right !!.

Gary has a wonderful understanding of the mechanics of the universe ,hes read some beautiful books and meet some caring spiritual people , but although the connections were wonderful , he always moved on not empty but still hungry for the right answer ,he sometimes wonders why he thinks so much , but has been trying to just be! lately and watch the world , instead of getting up on the stage of life . hes sort of sitting on fence wondering where to next , and then he finds this site while rambling through the forests of the internet . and hes says there we are!, lets take stroll down that path.
he had almost resided to the fact that maybe he wasn't going to find it !
But after finding this site and watching the videos and reading the forum inside once again a spark has ignited !!
all he needs now is a torch so he can see and follow the path.

over to you mr torch shine your light so he can see

g
Look and you will see!

jimw

Postby jimw » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:19 pm

Hi Gary,
Expectations : challenging, but swift procedure through the gate, into the realm of complete oneness with out self .
the joy of loss of ego and Id.
opening a new path/paths for understanding and helping others.
OK Gary - the way we work is designed to make you see 'no self' as efficient as possible. That is all we are doing here, nothing more. It will take as long as it takes, but if you stick at it, you will get there. I will be here for as long as required.
Gary has a wonderful understanding of the mechanics of the universe ,hes read some beautiful books and meet some caring spiritual people , but although the connections were wonderful , he always moved on not empty but still hungry for the right answer ,he sometimes wonders why he thinks so much , but has been trying to just be! lately and watch the world , instead of getting up on the stage of life . hes sort of sitting on fence wondering where to next , and then he finds this site while rambling through the forests of the internet . and hes says there we are!, lets take stroll down that path.
he had almost resided to the fact that maybe he wasn't going to find it !
But after finding this site and watching the videos and reading the forum inside once again a spark has ignited !!
all he needs now is a torch so he can see and follow the path.
Fine. By the way, don't worry about language use here, we still use 'I' and 'me' and 'mine' as convenient labels. Also, please call me Jim !

From now on in, I will be asking questions that I want you to answer without hesitation or pondering. Answers have to be from direct experience. Here goes.

Gary, What comes up when I say—there is no separate entity self in real life at all?

gazzam

Postby gazzam » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:24 pm

hi Jim
what comes up is , excitement at the possibility of finally seeing that. I understand logically or intellectually that there is no self , as i would understand that anger is from loss (i see that) .
Anger i have seen and i see the loss it came from ,but i think to my self how on earth do i actually see that there is no self or should i say not see that. for me its like trying to see a target to hit it, but its not there ?.
i have asked myself "where are you self" and then looked ,but i see nothing, except the my self, in my head asking "where are you self" i suppose I am worried ill miss it if i m not sure what to look for . and it'll stay there hidden to haunt me. i suppose I am looking for an entity i can take hold of and get rid of it.
ill keep looking every day
ps in your mention of no other teachings to be read , does that include the teachings of this site eg the videos and forums ?

thanks jim
Look and you will see!

jimw

Postby jimw » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:48 pm

what comes up is , excitement at the possibility of finally seeing that. I understand logically or intellectually that there is no self , as i would understand that anger is from loss (i see that) .
Intellectual understanding is a starting point. What we will do here, is some direct looking.

For now, I would just stop looking at everything (including other threads here and the docs here) and just focus on the questions.
have asked myself "where are you self" and then looked ,but i see nothing, except the my self, in my head asking "where are you self" i suppose I am worried ill miss it if i m not sure what to look for . and it'll stay there hidden to haunt me. i suppose I am looking for an entity i can take hold of and get rid of it.
See what you make of these questions - do not think for a long time about them, just say what comes up for you, here and now.

Could it be that 'I' of 'me' or 'self' is just a label ? Just a thought that arises ?

How is it possible to 'take hold' of an entity and get rid of it, when that entity is just a thought, a label, not a reality?

Could it be that you will always miss the self as it is not seeing Santa ? Isn't it hard to see something hidden, when that hidden thing is simply not there ?

jimw

Postby jimw » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:50 pm

Last question rephrased: could it be that you will always miss the self as it is LIKE not seeing Santa ? Isn't it hard to see something that is hidden, when that hidden thing is simply not there ?

gazzam

Postby gazzam » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:06 pm

I can see that and it arises regualy through out the day

It is Not possible i suppose . i suppose im only able to dismiss it as a thought the moment i reconize it .

Its very hard to see something thats not there , most likely why i cant find it .

jim i think i may be trying to lable self ,as ego or identity , i suppose i have been wondering " is" self , ego / identity ?

so im thinking, mabey self is a label ive being giving to identity or ego.
and none of them exist .

or am i over thinking again .

G
Look and you will see!

jimw

Postby jimw » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:28 pm

I can see that and it arises regualy through out the day
Good - you see that sense of self arises throughout the day. Yep.
It is Not possible i suppose . i suppose im only able to dismiss it as a thought the moment i reconize it .
Suppose ? Trust me - it is not there. We will keep looking until you see this. You don't need to dismiss it, just recognize the occurrence of the thought of 'I', or 'me' or 'self'.
Its very hard to see something thats not there , most likely why i cant find it .
Bingo ! It's not there. And if you ever think you have found it, I can guarantee that it is another label - possibly a more elaborate one, but still a label nevertheless.
jim i think i may be trying to lable self ,as ego or identity , i suppose i have been wondering " is" self , ego / identity ?

so im thinking, mabey self is a label ive being giving to identity or ego.
and none of them exist .

or am i over thinking again .
Self, identity, ego - all labels. It's like having three jars of jam. One is labelled ' Strawberry Conserve' (the over -priced one), another 'Strawberry Spread' and the third, 'Strawberry Preserve'. All jam, all labels. The difference between the jam and self is that the jam is there. You can see it, describe it, taste it, make some more, put it on toast. The self is illusory - it is label that mind comes up with. Very cunning it is too. But it can be seen through, so don't worry.

Don't worry about over-thinking.

Another question: what is doing the thinking ?

gazzam

Postby gazzam » Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:56 am

"what is doing the thinking"

( a carbon based life form ) named gary ?

Expanding on that JIm, im going to say it has to be the brain .
I think the brain, is a resourse that can be accessed on demand for information, that has accumilated from the sum total of your life experiances.
I see, Thoughts that randomly pop into my head when I havent asked for them as sort of background noise of the brain.(like listening to a radio talk back show in the background while your building a bird house in the shed.)
some things grab my attention and i listen and other things float on by.

Thinking more about it , i realise now, that the sum total of my life experiances ,(except up to the age of 3 or 4 ) have been tainted and possibly radicaly distorted by, myself thinking there was a self !.

spooky thought.
G
Look and you will see!

Return to “ARCHIVES”