Help please

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Eloratea

Re: Help please

Postby Eloratea » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:52 pm

If you are talking about sense of self, of individuality, this not about releasing it completely, just about seeing clearly that behind thought „I“ there is no real, no solid, separate entity.

When it is seen, than it is seen, it should be clear. There might still be some confusion and thoughts, but no doubt about seeing this.

Profilific

Postby Profilific » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:06 pm

Ok!

So my direct experience now is that I'm asking that question over and over again, but I can't find any self in my direct experience, but there's still a sense of self, a sense of agency, a sense of controlling. That's what is seemingly getting weaker. I can't find a real self but the belief hasn't been seen to be false.

Eloratea

Postby Eloratea » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:21 pm

ok, there is a sense of being in control, but when you zoom in experience, is there a control? what and who's kind of control?

You might find this helpful too:
http://liberationunleashed.com/Article_ ... ience.html

Profilific

Postby Profilific » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:06 pm

That article was helpful. Maybe I have the insight already then.

Do I believe in a self? Well, there is a sense of self, but there is no solid self. And there is no controller, only a sense of one. Logically I can see all of this, but that doesn't mean I live it so to speak. I can see the I as a thought arising, and the the sense of self, the sensations etc, but I can't find a solid self.

But some people have witten about (on this forum) about having no agency, non-duality etc, so that's why I'm confused.

Eloratea

Postby Eloratea » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Well, there seems to be different stages of this realization...

Maybe just let it sink for a day or two, relax and keep looking and than if you feel so, you may answer again LU confirmation questions.

Profilific

Postby Profilific » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:05 pm

I will do this.

About this quote (from a previous post):
Looking into the experience again and again, looking into -what's looking- will eventually dissolve the sense of contraction of isolated personal „I“.
Is that another step from the seeing of no-self? Are they to different steps? The seeing of no-sef and the dissolving of the sense of a self?

Eloratea

Postby Eloratea » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Who wants to dissolve sense of self?
For whom it is the problem?

This isn't about gaining anything, just about looking-seeing the truth which already is. And any expectations and desires for something to be different than it is obstruct the seeing.

Profilific

Postby Profilific » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Ok, I've think I got it. I divided all my senses into touch (temperature, tactile sensation etc), feeling sensations (sensations of fear, sadness, anger etc), sound (hearing), seeing (eyesight) and thoughts. Of course there are other sense as well (acceleration), taste, smelling, balance, but they are easily checked as well. So I just asked myself, does a self exist in any shape or form? And the only thing I really can know are my senses, the other are just generalized concepts. So I went into all of my sense, and asked "is there a self, right now, in this sense?" and after asking that for all of my senses that are avaible to me, the answer is no. There is no solid self, no entity there. Only senses that form the illusion of self.

Eloratea

Postby Eloratea » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:39 am

How does it feel today?
Any doubts about the illusion of separate self?

Profilific

Postby Profilific » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:47 pm

Ok, I read this blog:
http://clearliberty.blogspot.se/2011/07 ... mment-form
And answering the questions honestly as well, (e.g, reading the diaogue, seeing the question and then answering for myself before reading on).
And now I'm 100% there is no self. It's just brain activity and I can see it for myself now. Woopi :)

Profilific

Postby Profilific » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Life is just happening, cause and affect. There's no one there to control the show.

Eloratea

Postby Eloratea » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:50 pm

Was there ever you, separate self?

Profilific

Postby Profilific » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:02 pm

No. It just doesn't work out in reality. There has never been a doer, a thinker etc. I can't imagine a world, with our physical laws, where a solid self that could do all of those things exist

Eloratea

Postby Eloratea » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:04 pm

How would you describe now the illusion of separate self?

Profilific

Postby Profilific » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:21 pm

The illusion of seperate self.

The illusion of seperate self starts with a belief that there is this thing called a self, which everything happens to. The self have thoughts, the self hears, the self sees, the self smells etc. But there is no self to be found anywhere in reality, it's only a thought, a concept, and when you stop believing in the concept of self, it's seen only as a thought, as a mirage. Things just happen to no one. Life happens.

Return to “ARCHIVES”