Looking for a clearer look

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Philosoraptr

Re: Looking for a clearer look

Postby Philosoraptr » Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:05 am

Hi Stacy, Meant to write sooner but things have been busy! But yes looking is continuing and in the past few days there's lots of moments of clarity and also moments of identification about the I. The seeing that clarity and lack of is also spontaneously happening has reduced a feeling of effort that was previously labeled as a me initiating looking.

There is still a sense of a me but that's seen as just a sense. Not sure if anything more needs to be done now? Any advice? This seems like no self is being seen more clearly spontaneously.

Love
Sid

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:06 am

Great.

Scroll back, then, & post clear, succinct replies to all the final questions. If those pass second opinions, then you will be invited by private message (top right)to the Facebook groups and your name will be changed on the form to show that you have passed the gate.

Love,
~ Stacy

"Not to know there is an alternative to being lost
in thought is to be a kind of prisoner."

~ Sam Harris

Philosoraptr

Postby Philosoraptr » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:52 pm

Sounds good will reply back again Stacy
Love
Sid

Philosoraptr

Postby Philosoraptr » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi Stacy, Sending from my phone using the tappy talk app..hope it's not too buggy!

Answer thoughtfully & clearly from what you have SEEN (not from thinking) as you have been. 

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?
No separate self is found. No there was never, just a false identification that spontaneously happened with thought stories.

Explain what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now. 
A thought makes references to a character that doesn't exist except as thought. Feelings and events are labelled as happening to this character. Belief in the story makes it seem real.

It starts with a story of I when thoughts label certain things "I" and some "others"

Thoughts also take credit for actions, decisions and create stories about feelings.
3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.
There is a freedom from thought stories. There is also seeing that there was never a person who was or wasn't free but just thoughts coming and going.
4) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?

Looking at the question of whether there was ever a separate self.
5) Describe decision, intention, free will, choice and control. What makes things happen? How does it work? What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.
Decision: example: (reading a book) There's a phone being picked up and seeing various apps and the finger taps on one. No decision maker found.

Intention: example: "I'm going to not get distracted from this" and then distraction happens.

Free Will: choices appear and choosing happens

Choice: example: choices of preferences for food appear and one of them is picked automatically

Control: example: "I will wake up now" and there's no movement to wake up and sleeping happens. There wasn't and isn't a controller that was/is in charge of actions but actions happen.

Love
Sid

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:01 pm

Good morning, Sid!

You may have noticed that your name has been turned blue. You will probably find a note from one of the admins in your private messages, top right of this forum, inviting you to Aftercare and Facebook groups.

Congratulations. You have passed the gateless gate. As I've mentioned before, this is just the beginning. There's a lot to unravel after we see.

I am Stacy Ann Clark on Facebook if you want to keep in touch.

It's been a pleasure.

Love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Philosoraptr

Postby Philosoraptr » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:41 pm

Yayy! Wow yes just saw it and was a mixture of feeling relief and gratitude that there's finally more clarity about this subject that I never would've had. The thoughts "what a curse life feels like until you have more clarity about it" was deeply moving and there was a lot of gratitude coming up.

Also thanks a ton for putting up with (my) long questions and guiding me through this!! P.s is it ok to go back to using I even if it's realized to be a word?

Would love to connect on FB and have your help for more. I'll go through the notes from Kay and check out the groups.

Love,
Sid

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:41 pm

Yes, I know the feeling. And yes, there are what we call pronoun friendly zones.

Have fun!

Love,
~ Stacy

~ Sam Harris

Return to “ARCHIVES”