Recovering the lost innocence.

Lou

Recovering the lost innocence.

Postby Lou » Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:43 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
No separate-individual-selfalienated-selfcontained-selfsuficient existence with the heavy burden of languages and dictionaries.

What are you looking for at LU?
See for "myself" at that no-self, experience that void first hand, cut the crap once and for all. At the same time, enjoy the unique opportunity to joint the family of warriors who dare to challenge all the lies impose on our lives for the time being.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Intimacy, back and forth feedback with honesty and courage. Be able to have the ability to face the reality of no-separate entity, and after that to keep living in the world but not of the world (Paraphrasing a sufi quotation).

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Around 40 years of different disciplines and philosophies including gnosticism, masonry, sufism and zen. Honestly -to begin with- "I" wish I had none, zero. So I expect to provide at least the last blank page of this exhausting searching in order to write nothing on it, but just to see...

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Indy

Re: Recovering the lost innocence.

Postby Indy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:05 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
No separate-individual-selfalienated-selfcontained-selfsuficient existence with the heavy burden of languages and dictionaries.

What are you looking for at LU?
See for "myself" at that no-self, experience that void first hand, cut the crap once and for all. At the same time, enjoy the unique opportunity to joint the family of warriors who dare to challenge all the lies impose on our lives for the time being.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Intimacy, back and forth feedback with honesty and courage. Be able to have the ability to face the reality of no-separate entity, and after that to keep living in the world but not of the world (Paraphrasing a sufi quotation).

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Around 40 years of different disciplines and philosophies including gnosticism, masonry, sufism and zen. Honestly -to begin with- "I" wish I had none, zero. So I expect to provide at least the last blank page of this exhausting searching in order to write nothing on it, but just to see...

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?
Hello. I'm Indy and I would be pleased to be your guide.

We are at the Spanish Language forum, would you like to be guided in Spanish or in English?

What is curious is you feel you "lost" something. Some "innocence" about your view on reality... but reality can't be lost. It's what is seen.

We can see through this one with an exercise:
If you 'lost' some innocence, it would imply a separate entity losing it. Let's make a effort to find it.

The way in which we try to find the separate self is using Direct Experience, a method in which you only pay attention and describe your raw perceptions (5 senses + thoughts).

Where's the separate entity that has lost the innocence? How is it experienced? Where does it start and where does it finish? What shape does it have? Where is it located?

I'll be waiting for your answer!
I.-
I'm Nobody.

Lou

Postby Lou » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:06 pm

Hi Indy, pleasure to meet you. I think we can conduct this interchange in English language, although Spanish is my original one.

For "Recovering the lost innocence" I really mean that simple direct contact with reality as-it-is, been able to react spontaneously, somehow to cross the gate, to be able to bypass not the suffering and fears but to be one with it not only on intellectual parlance but in everyday direct experience.
I understand that there is no particular entity, form, shape or whatever may be that with can grab, sit down and ask: "Is it you the creator, the doer, the manager...?"
Nobody nowhere to be found...just this body with sensory capabilities and the never ending thinking process.
Hopefully with this introduction you get a better field of my intention, but I could be wrong or not to the point, so please let me know. I'll be an open book. Thanks.

Indy

Postby Indy » Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:03 pm

Hi Indy, pleasure to meet you. I think we can conduct this interchange in English language, although Spanish is my original one.

For "Recovering the lost innocence" I really mean that simple direct contact with reality as-it-is, been able to react spontaneously, somehow to cross the gate, to be able to bypass not the suffering and fears but to be one with it not only on intellectual parlance but in everyday direct experience.
I understand that there is no particular entity, form, shape or whatever may be that with can grab, sit down and ask: "Is it you the creator, the doer, the manager...?"
Nobody nowhere to be found...just this body with sensory capabilities and the never ending thinking process.
Hopefully with this introduction you get a better field of my intention, but I could be wrong or not to the point, so please let me know. I'll be an open book. Thanks.
Hello Lou, thank you for the answer. I'm sorry I didn't answer this. Somehow I've failed to suscribe this topic previously so I wasn't notified when you answered my post. Now I'm correctly suscribed and I will be noticed the moment you create a new post. I recommend you to also suscribe to this topic so we can engage in this conversation.

If you continue to be interested, let's try to establish a daily rhythm of mutual exchange, so we can immerse in this activity and have momentum.

I want to remind you that we use a method known as Direct Pointing, in which the guide asks questions that should be answered always throught Direct Experience, this encompasses the traditional perceptions of the five senses and includes the perception of thoughts as a sixth sense. So do your best effort to always answer inside this paradigm, describing experience exactly as it is perceived and not getting into theories, beliefs, or content of your thoughts.

----------------

If you search actively at this moment for an "I", you wouldn't find anything. Am I right?

Investigate with the aid of those questions:

1. What about choices? Is there an "I" making choices about what things to write on this forum? Is there an "I" that decides to take "A" option and not "B"? Is there an "I" that decides to walk, move, think, or do anything?

2. What about thoughts? Is there an "I" capable of thinking? Are thoughts belonging to someone or something?

3. What about feelings? Is there an "I" capable of feeling anything? Are feelings belonging to someone or something?

4. What about perceptions? Is there an "I" capable of perceiving anything? Are perceptions happening to someone or something?

---------------

First explore thoroughly these questions, then ask yourself:

If there's no self, and never was, why anything should be different from what already is?
I'm Nobody.

Return to “Español”