Looking for 1 on 1

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
GotIt

Re: Looking for 1 on 1

Postby GotIt » Sat May 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Thank you for your honesty.
Tell me, do you expect something earth shattering to happen?
Is this really what you expect?
I don't expect something earth shattering to happen. I don't think it will be any huge/big/wow thing that happens, but rather just an awareness that the "I" I thought was real isn't.
All this is, is seeing that the I is a thought... an illusion.
Really just that alone. It needn't have a big wow factor.
It's seeing that our thoughts, which we take to be concrete 'reality'.... are really not.
They are just thoughts. Its SEEING this.
It's very simple. So simple that its overlooked with a lot of concepts and words.
Thanks. That makes sense.
How could you SEE that your thoughts are not reality?
That they are just thoughts...
Don't answer this right away... just let it in and settle.
I'll work on this, and answer it later.

Thanks.

GotIt

Postby GotIt » Sat May 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Question: When you SEE/realize/become aware that your thoughts are not reality does anything change, is anything different? As in, is there a realization/an awareness or something that you know things are different, or is everything just the same as it has always been and your awareness is the same?

Thanks.

Bill

Postby Bill » Sat May 04, 2013 4:13 pm

Question: When you SEE/realize/become aware that your thoughts are not reality does anything change, is anything different? As in, is there a realization/an awareness or something that you know things are different, or is everything just the same as it has always been and your awareness is the same?
Rose - I think you already know the answer to your question.

This is the first post I made to you... or one of the first.
Just LOOK Rose.

See that what you are looking for, searching for is here, right now.
Its always been here. We just haven't noticed it.
We're always looking for something MORE.
LOOK. truly LOOK.
This moment, right now, is the one you've wanted your whole life.
There's nothing, absolutely nothing that needs to be changed
either on your inside, or in your outer circumstances.

The brain says no, No, NO! It can't be this simple.
Its got to be different than this, more flashy,
greater insight, more bliss, oneness.... and on and on and on.
So we overlook THIS precious moment in hopes of a better one.
Of course off in the future. That one that never comes.
This is the delusion. That this moment is not the one.
That THIS is not IT!
See this delusion. It has to be seen.

When you see it, truly SEE it, you can relax and know that this moment is the one.
It's just ordinary everyday life as it is. We don't have to hope for something better.
The seeking can stop. We can put all the books away. No more teachers are needed either.
There's nothing to learn really. We can't really lose this either because whatever occurs on the
inside or outside, it is always still THIS.
We just have to LOOK again to realize.

GotIt

Postby GotIt » Sat May 04, 2013 8:12 pm

Rose - I think you already know the answer to your question.
I guess I'm confused. On the one hand I keep hearing that there is no wow experience (which I think it true, there is no wow experience). On the other hand, there's seems to be an awareness or something that changes to notice a difference.
Has something changed on your end?
You wrote the above recently, so, do things change or not? So far nothing's changed. If there is a change, I think I'll know it, but then in all of my time of doing this there's been no change that I'm aware of.
This moment, right now, is the one you've wanted your whole life.
Are you saying that this moment is it (which it is), as in the past is over and done with and not reality and the future hasn't happened so it's not reality also (the only reality/real experience is the one we are having right now? That's correct as there is only this moment, this direct moment of awareness/experience of what is happening now (this moment, love, fear, sickness, anger, health, enjoying the taste of food I'm eating, seeing something, watching TV, whatever is in this moment, just this moment). That being said, nothing is different or has changed for me.

Bill

Postby Bill » Mon May 06, 2013 4:02 am

You're not confused Rose, you just haven't LOOKED yet...
Thinking about LOOKING is only thinking...
If nothing at all has changed in your perception since starting here,
then you haven't LOOKED.
This is the thing you must do.
There is no other way that I'm aware of.
Nothing changes with this, only your PERCEPTION.
And yes, you will know when you have SEEN.

I found this post for you from one of our guides....
Thought it might be good for you to see.
Nope. You can't get there (to seeing through the illusion of self) from here (logical understanding). If you could, you would be there already.

There are no words to adequately describe how to see, no maps of how to get there; all I can do is Point to where you should look.
This is not a mental exercise; all the thinking you can ever do will never get you there.
I will give you clue, because I was also a Thinker. Just before I saw it, I suddenly realised that my guide was telling me to LOOK, not to Think. When I looked, I saw it.
What is Looking? It is focusing on your Direct Experience. Seeing with the eyes, hearing with the ears, feeling with the skin, smelling with the nose, tasting with the tongue. Sensation, before it is judged and labeled, is direct experience.

to get to Direct Experience of it, you will have to step away from Thinking About everything and begin to use your senses.

Those of us who live in a mental world have much the hardest time letting go of the idea that there is something more to be understood. There isn't. You understand it all; now you just need to shift focus from thinking to directly experiencing.

You may ask what makes direct experience more effective than intellectualization? Two things, at least: first it takes us out of our Story about what is happening and gets us in touch with what is actually happening; and second it is a peaceful quiet "place" which is always available merely by shifting focus away from thinking and to sensation. It really is a peace which passeth understanding, understanding being stuck in thought.

There is no goal here. I just point to the fact that there is no actual entity self/I/me, and if you genuinely search for one everywhere in your direct experience, you will SEE that it is an illusion created by language and supported by nearly everyone around you.
I cannot give this experience to you; you will have to SEE it for yourself.

If you wanted to SEE the Eiffel Tower with the eyes in your head, I would direct you to Paris, not to a picture-postcard stand. Same here. If you want to SEE through the illusion that you are or have a separate self that has some control over an individual slice of Life, you must go to direct experience, for that is where this can be SEEN.

Try not to Think this all through so much. It only makes thought tangles that prevent you from experiencing directly the fact of the matter: "I" is a label. There is no "I" outside of thought/language.
No hypothetical I can ever assist you in directly experiencing the fact of the non-existence of an actual entity "I".

GotIt

Postby GotIt » Wed May 08, 2013 11:00 pm

So...nothing. I haven't forgotten this. It's just that nothing's changed. I've been trying (and not trying but just looking) to look, trying to SEE from the senses and not be in the thoughts so much, and I haven't SEEn a thing and nothing's changed. Maybe it's me. Maybe I should take a break or something. Maybe...I don't know. I feel like I'm trying (not trying, rather just being in the here and now to SEE) to do this, looking and yet, nothing. I know I'm supposed to post daily. There's just nothing new to say, no change, nothing. Will keep looking, keep being with what is...

Bill

Postby Bill » Thu May 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Rose,

I agree with you. You have been at this for 10 months or so.. Why not take a few weeks off or even a month from this totally.. don't read anything about it, don't look at any forum posts, just let it be for awhile and see what happens. I have something I'm thinking about I'd like to try with you and want to develop it a bit more. Just know that there is nothing 'wrong' with anything. You are where you are and its perfectly OK as it is. Let's go ahead and you take a good break and let's see what happens. It would be good to get totally away from this if you could to let it all just relax and get out of your head. Who knows what might happen.

Let me know if this is OK.... will talk to you in a while..

Namaste

GotIt

Postby GotIt » Fri May 10, 2013 1:53 am

Hi Bill,

Thanks! Yes, I'm willing to do that. There aren't enough words I can say to thank you and Vince and Neeel for helping me all of these many, many, many months. Everyone has been extremely supportive, giving lots of their time and guiding feedback which I really appreciate.

What is your the basic idea you are thinking of trying?

Should I re-post on this thread in a month, or email you (or Vince) in a month, or how should I proceed (okay, there's no proceeding, there's only this now, just this direct experience, along with no SEEing by me, so I'll put this aside for now, let it lie and see what happens)? Oh, if anything happens in the mean time, I will definitely let you know before the month is over!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! All is much appreciated.

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Fri May 10, 2013 10:20 pm

'morning Rose.
While you are on this sabbatical, when thought arise about SEEing, consider this; you already are what you are looking for. The only 'thing' missing is the perception. How would the perception (when present) change your experiencing ? (rhetorical question)

love

vince

GotIt

Postby GotIt » Sun May 12, 2013 2:15 am

Thanks, I'll do this!

Thanks also for your many, many days of help and assistance! I hope things are well with you.

Bill

Postby Bill » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Hello Rose......Wanted to see how you're doing with your break off...
Were you able to get your mind off this fairly well?

Let me know where you are with things and whether you want to continue with the forum now, or have more time away. Either is fine.

Namaste,
Bill

Return to “THE GATE”