I Need Guidance

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Noobstorm

Re: I Need Guidance

Postby Noobstorm » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:42 am

Maybe you confuse "direct experience" with "feeling"?
Ok, I should have been more precise. It "seems "that it is absolutely true as things in my day happen.
Truth can't be felt, it is known.
The self is known.
For a part that could be true. It doesn't beat your heart or digests your food, but it probably has a huge impact on your social behavior. That is why it can be so liberating to see it as false. Then it can lose its grip. Gradually or immediately.
But it's not false because it controls this organism.
You've seen that "I" only appears as a thought. That it is a pointer to a body-mind (a.k.a Ali) and not more than that. So what is still believed in? Some central processing unit? Even a computer has nowadays at least four of them and you got billions, they are called neurons (if you still believe in those). So what is this self that is still believed in?
Some sort of thought-center maybe.
But you saw it. Maybe I should use the term “direct observation”, where “direct” means: without filtering by thinking.
No, that answer was from thinking.
Any other fears?
I don't think so.
O, then who said: “I can't find a thinker that is not a thought.”
That answer was from logic.
I am thoughts + control.
Why not the body and feelings too?
Or the rest of the world?
The universe?
God?
Because there is control of thoughts and this organism.
Did you consider what I suggested about putting yourself in service of the environment? Or is that too radical an exercise? If you really want a change in your life, do it for 10 days. I believe in your case it is more powerful and efficient than this process.
I don't think this will work, but I will try.

lex

Postby lex » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:07 am

Did you consider what I suggested about putting yourself in service of the environment? Or is that too radical an exercise? If you really want a change in your life, do it for 10 days. I believe in your case it is more powerful and efficient than this process.
I don't think this will work, but I will try.
Good. This only works if you go for it 100%, not a halfhearted try.

So we'll pick up this thread in 10 days.

lex

Postby lex » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:27 am

So we'll pick up this thread in 10 days.
This doesn't mean that you can't post or I won't respond, but as you are exploring this other way let's take a break from the original process.
I'd appreciate if you kept me informed about how it is going. What's happening. What you did to others, how that was received and what is happening “inside you”.

lex

Postby lex » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:42 am

What you did to others
I mean for others of course. How you've been of service to them. Simple things. Cleaning the dishes. Mowing the lane. Normal "boyscout" actions. Of course if you feel compelled to actively join PETA or Amnesty International that would be great 8-) but you will find that there is always enough you can do for others in the direct environment.

Do it wholeheartedly with kindness and dedication and just ignore any protests coming from the mind or self-image.

Good luck.

lex

Postby lex » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:55 pm

I see there has been no initiative from your side for over a month now.
I would like to close our thread.
I thank you for letting me guide you this far, I really learned a lot from you.
I have confidence that “this” will become totally clear one day. In the end it is all about nothing anyway. Just a couple of thoughts that's in the way, “I” being one of them. (I can't help trying :-)

Good luck on your path!

Return to “THE GATE”