Joyful

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Rpca1974

Joyful

Postby Rpca1974 » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:29 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
That the lower brain brings thoughts to our brains and we have know control over what thoughts come into our lower brain. All thoughts are not me.

What are you looking for at LU?
To be guided to be more peaceful, more joy. To be able to learn how to get to more peace by myself. To learn how to calm my anxieties. To help myself to be ok with not being perfect. I'm a people pleasure. I want to be more in balance with that.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
For the guide to be kind and gentle and knowledgeable with lots of experience with LU. To guide me in a new understanding of walking in peace through tools that the guide will help me with. I would like a woman guide.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I work with the 3P's.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

TeeKa112

Re: Joyful

Postby TeeKa112 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:04 pm

Hello, my name is Trisha, I am a woman and I can be your guide here.

As a guide to your process of seeing that there is no separate self, I will support and empower you to do your own experiential search.

I will give you questions and exercises, we call these pointers, that will help you to investigate and LOOK for yourself. It is only through this kind of Direct Experience that the not existence of a separate self can be seen.

Most probably you have searched before coming here. This search was thinking, reading, listening to others, watching videos and so on. All this did not take you to seeing it for yourself. Right?

Before we start this process, here is some important information:

This is your process, so please answer with total honesty and only from your own experience.

For the time we are working together, please put aside all other “spiritual” material, being it books, audios, videos etc. If you have a meditation practice please continue, if you feel like doing so and if none of the above is involved.

To keep the process going, it is important that we communicate daily.
Depending on different time zones and the improbabilities of life, this is not always possible or sometimes you might need more time to investigate, but we will inform each other if this is the case.

Can you read the disclaimer and confirm reading and accepting?

Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Can you also read “Liberation Unleashed is not …” and confirm reading and accepting?

Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

Something practical: There can be glitches on this site, so best you prepare your answers in some Text Program and then copy it into your answer posting.

And please can you learn how to use the Quotation Function?

Here is a link to a video with how to use it.

And: It is helpful to use the PREVIEW button to make sure your text looks right before you hit "SUBMIT."

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=660

Are you ok with everything and can we get started?

Expectations can stand in the way of seeing. We want both to be clear about yours.

Can you please answer the following questions?

How will life change?

How will you change?

What will be different?

What is missing?

Trisha

And please, what name should I use? Joyful is very nice......
It is all so simple, but the very simplicity of it all is so staggering to you.

U.G. Krishnamurti

TeeKa112

Postby TeeKa112 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:31 am

Hello Joyful,

are you still here, on this Forum? Would you like to get started?

We are sorry that you had to wait for 1 month, right now there are more interested clients than there are guides....

So please let me know: Are you still interested to start?

Hoping to hearing from you

Trisha

U.G. Krishnamurti

Rpca1974

Postby Rpca1974 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:57 pm

Hi Trisha,

Yes I would like to work with you as my guide.

I’m was having trouble figuring out how to respond to you so that’s why I haven’t responded. Hopefully this post will get to you.

I read the disclaimer and I read the liberation Unleashed is not.

I didn’t see a link to learn how to use the Quotation Function.

Here are my answers to the question.

How will life change?
Less anxiety.

How will you change?
Calmer

What will be different?
Understanding more about my thoughts.

What is missing?
How to get out of my own way.

Rpca1974

Postby Rpca1974 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:59 pm

Hi Trisha,

I forgot to tell you that you can call me Patty.

Thank you for getting in touch with me!

Patty

TeeKa112

Postby TeeKa112 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:13 pm

Hi Patty,

good to hear from you.

So you found how to answer:-))

And here is the link for the quotation function:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=660

Sorry, you were right, the link did not work. Now it should.

And that is how it would look like:

You said:
we have no control over what thoughts come into our lower brain. All thoughts are not me.
Yes, this is a very important point, a very good observation:-)

And you also said:
To be guided to be more peaceful, more joy. To be able to learn how to get to more peace by myself. To learn how to calm my anxieties. To help myself to be ok with not being perfect. I'm a people pleasure. I want to be more in balance with that.

These are very human desires, to be peaceful, being loved without the need for being perfect, and less anxieties.

But these expectations are about improvement of the character-person, to become a better person.

Here, this inquiry is about looking if there is a person at all, a separate entity that can have these desires.
Who is having these expectations?
Who is feeling anxiety?
Who's need is it to be ok without being perfect?

The fact of seeing that there is no separate self at all, does not by itself bring improvement to our character-figure, it is not about becoming a different, more peaceful person.
This may or may not happen after the process, when it is seen that there is no person, no me, no self at the core of all thoughts about improvement or suffering.

And seeing that there is no separate self is only the beginning. This often sets in motion more looking into unresolved questions and fears, that often can be looked at with more ease, because there is no belief anymore that they are “me”.

Understanding more about my thoughts
As you said earlier, we don't have any control about what thoughts are coming and all thoughts are not me.

So, can you look here again and share what comes up for you? We are interested in what you see, what is your experience when you look at this question? You can feel something in your body, any sensations? Pleasant ones or unpleasant ones?

How to get out of my own way.
Ha! Yes, right, this is a way to put things.

Now, let me ask you this, and please can you put all my blue questions into quotation function please?

And answer them in normal text below.

What comes up when it is said, that there is no self, never has been and never will be?

And Patty, what time zone are you in please?

Warm greetings to you

Trisha

U.G. Krishnamurti

Rpca1974

Postby Rpca1974 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:31 am

Hi Trisha,
And Patty, what time zone are you in please?

I'm in Eastern time. What time zone are you in?

Rpca1974

Postby Rpca1974 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:45 am

Hi Trisha,
What comes up when it is said, that there is no self, never has been and never will be?
The sensations that I feel when it is said that there is no self. Sometimes there's a sinking in my stomach, and sometimes a relaxed sensation too. Most the time it's a sinking in my stomach, some tightness in my chest. There's this part of me that wants to still tell you what my emotions are. This is new for me to talk about sensations. I don't have a lot of words for the sensations that I feel.

TeeKa112

Postby TeeKa112 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:54 pm

Hi Patty,

The sensations that I feel when it is said that there is no self. Sometimes there's a sinking in my stomach, and sometimes a relaxed sensation too. Most the time it's a sinking in my stomach, some tightness in my chest. There's this part of me that wants to still tell you what my emotions are. This is new for me to talk about sensations. I don't have a lot of words for the sensations that I feel.

Patty, this is a very good observation, good looking and noticing a lot:-)

This will be very helpful, you seem to be very much in touch with your experiences/sensations .........

Yes, sensations we feel mostly in the chest area or the belly/stomach area.

There are sensations we can call sinking, tight, contracted and there are sensations like relaxed, open, spacious.

Emotions are also sensations, but with a label, a name put onto them.
We learned to label our body sensations as emotions from childhood.

Some we call some unpleasant sensations fear, anger, distrust or resistance, and others we feel as pleasant and give them other names like joy, trust, love.

What is very important is that sensations we feel as tight or contracted point to a lie, an untrue thought, where sensations we feel as relaxed, light or expansive point to a truth.

And, as you are noticing, you want to share your emotions. This is what we have been trained to do all our live.

And yes, it is new to look into the simple body sensations.

Now Patty, for the next steps, to make it really clear how we are looking:

Learning to LOOK Exercises
Direct or Actual Experiences

Here is an example what is meant when it is said that we are using only Direct or Actual Experience to look for something.

We can try to think about something, trying to understand or finding knowledge, remembering or asking somebody else
or we can directly LOOK and SEE.s

When I ask you: how is the weather in your place right now?

You can:

- go out of the door or open a window and

look at the sky, you can see blue sky, the sun, or clouds or rain or snow or the moon, you can see the trees move
you can feel the sun or a cold wind or rain or snow on your face
you can smell rain or snow or wet earth
you can taste rain or snow
you can also hear the wind moving the trees or hearing rain drops falling and hitting a roof

or you can:

- open a weather App, read about how the weather is supposed to be in your place right now,
you can also remember last nights weather forecast you saw on TV or on your computer
or you can ask somebody else what they know about the weather in your place right now
So here we see the world of direct or actual experiences
and the world of thinking and thoughts and ideas and opinions about experience.

Here in our investigating process we use only direct, actual, raw experiences.
Direct or Actual Experience is

Seeing
Hearing
Feeling (Sensation, not emotion. Emotion is Sensation plus made-up thoughts & labels)
Tasting
Smelling
Thoughts Arising (but not their content)

Are you clear about this or would you like any further clarification?

Greetings
Trisha

PS Eastern is USA East coast?
I am in the middle european time zone, I am in Germany

U.G. Krishnamurti

Rpca1974

Postby Rpca1974 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:15 am

Hi Trisha,

For some reason my computer isn't letting me paste the quotes

So I have to send you my answers like this. It worked last night but not now for some reason. I'm sorry for this!

The question you ask is: Am I clear about this or would I like more clarification?

My answer is: I'm clear on this.

Question you ask is: Eastern is USA East coast?

My answer is: Yes

Return to “THE GATE”