End the search

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Asha

Re: End the search

Postby Asha » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:02 pm

Hi Tim

Haha it is possible you did :) Still it was a beautiful post to read and it will help me recognise the feeling when it comes along.

I actually would love to hear more about how you experienced things when you got on this path. I just wasn't sure it was okay to ask?
So what to do now Asha? We can continue to chat about things as they arise or there may be areas that you particularly want to explore. There is just no hurry at all about anything.
I trust you completely in this process but I think the one thing I would like to explore and actually 'get' is the illusory self. I understand already that things can be experienced without the narrow perspective of the character, with more ease and opennes but there is still the persistent sense of this all being learnt by me. There is 'my' excitement, 'my' experience and it feels like it is somewhere inside this body. Maybe I am just incorrectly assuming that this seeing through the illusion is an 'aha' moment but somehow I feel that the actual realization should leave no room for doubt or questioning. I hope it makes sense.

P.S. I've just noticed that I spelled 'recognise' with an 's' while I am used to using the American spelling and it made me giggle because I would have changed it before but left it as is now. Sorry if it's an awkward thing to share but wanted to share it for some reason :)

With love,

Asha

Turnip

Postby Turnip » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:11 pm

Hi Asha

Of course it's OK to ask and I'll gladly share my story at a later date but we've already seen a small example of how it can possibly burden you with more unhelpful expectations. It's for the same sort of reason we discourage people from looking at too much extra teaching when we are working together on LU. Onwards!
I think the one thing I would like to explore and actually 'get' is the illusory self.
'Getting the illusory self' is intellectual and is an indication of the mind wanting to do more thinking because that's the familiar way of solving problems. It would just be more story telling.
I understand already that things can be experienced without the narrow perspective of the character, with more ease and openness but there is still the persistent sense of this all being learnt by me.
Change 'but' to 'and'. Now, what is 'the persistent sense of this all being learnt by me - a thought'? Can you see that you have 'experienced things without the narrow perspective of the character etc' and yet take notice of a negative thought that tries to deny the reality of your experience? Experience beats 'content of thought' every time!!!
There is 'my' excitement, 'my' experience and it feels like it is somewhere inside this body.
So we have looked at this 'claiming' issue before and each time found that statements look truer without the personal pronoun. So could it be that 'excitement is arising' is truer than 'I am excited"?
I feel that the actual realization should leave no room for doubt or questioning.
Also look at what's happening in this sentence. More thoughts, this time with the flavour of expectations.

None of this is a problem Asha or is in any way unusual. The human mechanism has been functioning for ... years and the experience of 'no self' needs to be in this moment, then this moment and then again in this moment for the trust in it to develop. It is precisely that increased love and openness, that excitement and also calmness which indicates its truth. Every day and each moment brings new opportunities to recognise it again.

Tomorrow, please live moment to moment when you can and just notice what arises. Perhaps two or three times if you have time, try the 'Deep looking' again and ask the mind and heart how they are doing. I look forward to hearing what you find.

With love (and a love of 's' rather than 'z') ;-)

Tim

Turnip

Postby Turnip » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:04 pm

Hi Asha

I'm away with my wife for 5 nights from Wednesday. There seems to be so much to talk about and I wonder if you would like to try a chat on Zoom? If so, please send me a direct message and we can arrange something. :)

With love

Tim

Turnip

Postby Turnip » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:09 am

Good morning Asha

So lovely to meet on Zoom yesterday evening. It seemed a session full of insights.

As long as I have a signal of some sort on holiday, we can continue chatting here or by email if you would like that. It would be a shame to lose momentum. As well as seeing if there are ongoing concerns about a separate self, other potential topics could include things like 'intention', 'free will', identification with the body or anything that arises for you with your ongoing inquiry.

With love

Tim

Asha

Postby Asha » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:35 am

Good morning Tim :)

It was indeed a very insightful session and thank you again for the opportunity. It seems being in the presence of someone who has seen through the illusion is important in this process and can speed things up. Hence I would love to have another session when you are back, if you’d be open to it.

As for chatting when you are away, my current feeling is that there is no need (unless something pops up spontaneously in which case I will post here). It will also give Asha the peace of mind that she is not stealing from your personal time :)

Thank you for everything and have a lovely vacation :)

With love,

Asha (aka Asia)

Turnip

Postby Turnip » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:46 am

Hi there

That's absolutely fine. Don't worry about stealing my time though. ;-)

I'll see you (and your cat I hope) when I'm back.

Love

Tim

Turnip

Postby Turnip » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:52 pm

Hi Asha

It's been lovely having the opportunity to have a few chats on Zoom. Here are the 'Final Questions' for you to look at. Please take your time over your answers and let me know if there are still any areas where you feel stuck.

1) Is there a separate entity 'self', 'me' 'I', at all, anywhere, in any way, shape or form? Was there ever?

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works from your own experience. Describe it fully as you see it now.

3) How does it feel to see this? What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.

4) What was the last bit that pushed you over, made you look?

5) Describe decision & give examples from experience.

Describe intention & give examples from experience.

Describe free will & give examples from experience.

Describe choice & give examples from experience.

Describe control & give examples from experience.

What makes things happen? How does it work?

What are you responsible for? Give examples from experience.

6) Anything to add?

With love

Tim

Return to “THE GATE”