askjall

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
askjall

askjall

Postby askjall » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:37 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
That there actually is no person, just the illusion of a me, self or person.

What are you looking for at LU?
I am looking for connections and information related to liberation or even more preferred, the possibility through "I don't know what" a trigger, which triggers me to see reality as it is. I have been searching and seeking for several years on and off and I am at a point I have confronted before, where I feel exhausted and I want to give up and let go, but I still can't seem to, so I am hoping that LU might be able to offer some guidance or pointers that point me out of my loop.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
i suppose i do not expect much, the conversation will happen or it won't and it will apparently benefit me or it won't and it might liberate me or not. Either way I do enjoy conversations and dialogue.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
i have a degree in philosophy, i have read several books on the subject, attended some meditation retreats, silent and otherwise. i meditate on my own and on my own terms.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Canfora

Re: askjall

Postby Canfora » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:55 am

Hi askjall and welcome to LU.
I'm Canfora and I can be your guide if that's okay with you.
Thank you for your nice introduction.

Our main goal is to check if a self is real. Do you have any fears around this possibility?

If I tell you there is no separate self at all in reality. No agent that is in charge, no manager, no watcher, no owner of life; all there is is life flowing freely as one movement how do you feel?

Take care,
C

Return to “THE GATE”