Sezwho

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Jmstic

Sezwho

Postby Jmstic » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:34 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I guess it means my imaginary ego self based on its experience of the past and primarily misinformed through language.

What are you looking for at LU?
Freedom from fear , inhibition and shame. My experience of self is hijacked by comparison and difference and therefore largely circumstantial. I’m a highly sensitive man who is directed by fear of humiliation (part-time). I also experience the other end of the spectrum when I’m charming and charismatic.
My identity is a-z.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Honesty and an ability to realize the limits of what they “ know”. Someone who can say simply what seems to be complicated. Humility, compassion and kindness go a long way too. I’m sure anyone who has become a true guide would have those qualities.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Vipissana. 12 steps. Mystic Christianity. Whatever resonates

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Bananafish

Re: Sezwho

Postby Bananafish » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:59 am

Hi Jmstic. :)

I'm Bananafish, one of the guides in this forum.
Would be more than glad to accompany you here.

To start with, would you like to tell what your fear is about?
Do you think it would be wiped away as a result of our conversation here?

Warm regards,

Bananafish

Return to “THE GATE”