Where is it?

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
chaffinch

Re: Where is it?

Postby chaffinch » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:48 am

Hi Vivien,

I won't be able to write again for another two days but I'll be able to read your reply and investigate further questions.
Is something ‘being aware’ can be felt, or only sensations can be felt?
Only sensations can be felt.
What is it that is ACTUALLY FELT?
There are thoughts and sensations each following each other closely, but there is no separate awareness being felt. I begin to suspect that what is called awareness is more of a property of thoughts and sensations than a faculty of the mind.

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:05 am

Hi Chaffinch,
I won't be able to write again for another two days but I'll be able to read your reply and investigate further questions.
All right, thanks for letting me know.
There are thoughts and sensations each following each other closely, but there is no separate awareness being felt. I begin to suspect that what is called awareness is more of a property of thoughts and sensations than a faculty of the mind.
The question is, can this awareness be found and experienced at all?
Or all there ever there is just thoughts and sensations?

Is there an ACTUAL awareness in reality, or awareness is just a learned concept?

How do you know that there is such thing as a ‘faculty of the mind’?
First, you have to be able experience a ‘mind’. But can you?

Is there mind outside of words that speak of one?
Is there mind independent of thoughts that are imagined to come from 'a mind'?

So is there such thing as a ‘faculty of a mind’?

Vivien
"In the seen, there is only the seen. In the heard, there is only the heard. In the sensed, there is only the sensed. You are located neither in this, nor in that, nor in any place between the two." - Buddha
http://fadingveiling.com/

chaffinch

Postby chaffinch » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:51 pm

The question is, can this awareness be found and experienced at all?
Or all there ever there is just thoughts and sensations?
I can't find or experience awareness in itself, it seems to be just another thought.
Is there an ACTUAL awareness in reality, or awareness is just a learned concept?
The more I look to more it seems to be a learned concept.
How do you know that there is such thing as a ‘faculty of the mind’?

No, there probably isn't. I haven't found or experienced 'mind'. Thinking in terms of 'mind' and it's functions is a habit that is starting to fall apart, it's still there somewhat but it I can't actually experience it.

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:44 pm

Hi Chaffinch,
V: How do you know that there is such thing as a ‘faculty of the mind’?
C: No, there probably isn't. I haven't found or experienced 'mind'. Thinking in terms of 'mind' and it's functions is a habit that is starting to fall apart, it's still there somewhat but it I can't actually experience it.
Just probably? Can you be sure? Please look a bit more. You have to be certain of your replies.

Is there such thing as ‘mind’, or mind is just another learned concept?
I can't find or experience awareness in itself, it seems to be just another thought.
The more I look to more it seems to be a learned concept.
Is awareness is just SEEMS to be a learned concept/thought, or IT IS just a learned concept/thought?

Vivien
"In the seen, there is only the seen. In the heard, there is only the heard. In the sensed, there is only the sensed. You are located neither in this, nor in that, nor in any place between the two." - Buddha

chaffinch

Postby chaffinch » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:35 pm

Is there such thing as ‘mind’, or mind is just another learned concept?
Is awareness is just SEEMS to be a learned concept/thought, or IT IS just a learned concept/thought?
I can't offer you the certainty that you request. I keep looking and finding nothing, but that is no guarantee that something does not exist. I'm not at any level of certainty, instead I'm full of doubt.

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:40 am

Hi Chaffinch,
I can't offer you the certainty that you request. I keep looking and finding nothing, but that is no guarantee that something does not exist. I'm not at any level of certainty, instead I'm full of doubt.
OK. What other guarantees do you need to make sure that the ‘mind’ or ‘awareness’ is just a concept and not a reality?

What is it that you are doubting? What are your doubts? Could you please say more?

Vivien

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:21 am

Hi Chaffinch,

You haven't posted for 10 days. Are you still with me, or have you changed your mind?

Please give me a feedback. Clients are waiting for guides.

Vivien

Return to “THE GATE”