The Dawning

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Aurora

The Dawning

Postby Aurora » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:57 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
Upon reading some articles what I have come to interpret from the question of having no real 'self' is being able to disconnect from the illusions of ones thoughts and consciousness that ones mind perceives being reality as a means of realizing that these things dont define who you are.

What are you looking for at LU?
I'm looking for help to uncover what is truly means of having no self and being able to set myself free. I want to be guided towards the path of really focusing on what the present has to offer and not dwell on past experiences that tend to hold me back at times. The reality that we are all interconnected intrigues me and I want to dive deeper into my awareness of reality, to let go of thoughts that cloud my mind, and to clear myself of the confusion that there is no 'me' to fully be at peace with myself and reality as I know it.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Assistance with helping me overcome this mental block and to truly uncover what it means to have no real self. I wish to explore further into how my thoughts, spirit, and consciousness are just illusions my brain has attached together to give a sense of me existing and how I can distinguish myself from these to identify my separate self.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Growing up I was raised as a Christian but as I grew older my mind was searching for answers for how we really came to be. I have since switched to an agnostic view that some unknowable form of being or energy exists and is what is flowing through each and every person

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Vivien

Re: The Dawning

Postby Vivien » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:33 am

Hi,

My name is Vivien, and I am happy to assist in exploring 'no-self' and other related topics.

At LU we are described as guides - not teachers - as our role is to directly point to what IS, through the use of exercises and questions. Your role is to LOOK carefully to what is being pointed at. It is this simple LOOKING (not thinking) that brings the realisation that there is no separate self and never has been. This is an
experiential based guiding
and is not a discussion or a debate.

This is YOUR inquiry. I will not be giving you new ideas and beliefs; only assisting you in examining and questioning the ones that you already have.

Before we begin, here are links to information I would like you to read please.
Disclaimer:-
http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Terms & Conditions:
https://www.liberationunleashed.com/register/terms/

“Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU.
http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

A few ground rules:
. Post at least once a day
, if you cannot post, or need more time, please let me know.
Be 100% honest in your answers and inquiry.
3. This exploration is based on Actual (or Direct) Experience (AE or DE) - smell, taste, sound, sensation, color and thoughts - only. Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process. There is no ‘self’ to improve.
Put aside all other teachings, philosophies and such for the remainder of this investigation.
Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily and essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.
5. Understand that I will be guiding you, rather than teaching you, and the more you put into this process the more you will get out of it.

A few technical support:

- You can reply to this thread by pushing the 'Post Reply" button at the left bottom of this page.
- You can learn to use the quote function, instructions are located in the link below this line:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=660

Technology is not perfect and sometimes there is a glitch which can wipe out your responses. It is advisable that you copy and paste questions asked into Word, answer them there and then copy and paste them to your thread. Always save a copy of what you have done, it will save time in the long run.

If you are happy to agree to the above and have me your guide, we can start the process.
To begin with, so that we both become aware of what your expectations are about this exploration (for example, what life will look and feel like and what you want/hope will change or not change). Could you please answer the following questions:

How will Life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Throughout this exploration I would like you to answer ALL questions that I have written in blue text. Please answer questions INDIVIDUALLY, remembering to use the Quote function to highlight the question being answered.

Vivien
"In the seen, there is only the seen. In the heard, there is only the heard. In the sensed, there is only the sensed. You are located neither in this, nor in that, nor in any place between the two." - Buddha
http://fadingveiling.com/

Return to “THE GATE”