Mind and consciousness

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
gdeikun

Mind and consciousness

Postby gdeikun » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:16 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
The self does not exist; it is an illusion. Self is the creation of the mind through its identification with its perceptions and with the body.

What are you looking for at LU?

I'm looking for further guidance in experiencing the loss of self and being my Self....living in ultimate consciousness or rigpa. I understand that LU has the human and other resources available to assist seekers in achieving this goal.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I expect to benefit from the experience of others in being in ultimate consciousness. I am especially interested in practicing those techniques to experience the loss of self in a sustained manner. I have had glimpses of this state which get interrupted too quickly by the mind and its ceaseless identification with the self.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I have been on a spiritual path for 37 years. For the last 12 years I gave been a student of Tibetan dzogchen and advaita vedanta

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Matthew

Re: Mind and consciousness

Postby Matthew » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:51 am

What are you looking for at LU?
living in ultimate consciousness or rigpa

Consider this possibility:

You are already living in ultimate consciousness or rigpa.
Just what happens to be the content of ultimate consciousness or rigpa is:
"A human called 'me' trying to practice and live in ultimate consciousness or rigpa".

How does that sound?
First there is a mountain,
Then there is no mountain,
Then there is.

Return to “THE GATE”