Letting go of the imposter self

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
AEB99

Letting go of the imposter self

Postby AEB99 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:43 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I understand the "I" I mistake myself to be is a complicated configuration of rxns, emotions and conditioning which is generated as an internal (and often very convincing) inner experience of being a separate person. The guiding done by LU will pt me back to the essence of authentic Self which can be described as inherent awareness or presence

What are you looking for at LU?

I'm looking for that pointing back when I get co-opted by the conditioning and forget there is no separate "I" in here. I'm looking for an experiential tool which will allow me to do the looking and discovering that there is no separate "I".

What do you expect from a guided conversation?

I'm looking for an interaction which respects that I'm currently lost in the illusion of being a separate self and yet gently but pointedly brings me back to the process of re- discovering thru direct experience the truth that "I" doesn't actually exist.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I've done a host of Enlightenment Intensives which are focused solely on s/Self-inquiry and have spent the last several years practicing the teachings of Ramana Maharshi and Mooji. I've sat w Mooji three times, twice in Rishikesh and once in Portugal and have made pilgrammage to RamanaAshram in Tiruvanamali twice.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Bananafish

Re: Letting go of the imposter self

Postby Bananafish » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:02 am

Hi AEB99. :) My name is Bananafish, and I'm a guide here.
Would be glad to accompany you on your journey!

Thanks for your intro, and there I noticed that you want LU to
put you back to "authentic Self which can be described as inherent awareness or presence."

Can you describe the place from which you are going to be put back?
What would be the change after being put back?

Your intro implies that there is a distance between where you are right now and what you call
"authentic Self." Is that the case? Would you tell bit about that?

Best wishes,

Bananafish

Return to “THE GATE”