A prayer for the end of fear & suffering

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Sumitra1

A prayer for the end of fear & suffering

Postby Sumitra1 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:48 pm

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
That self is a concept based on thought and an associated felt sense in the body. We are not a solid entity but we are all there is (or life), which changes constantly.

What are you looking for at LU?
I want freedom. The end of this psychological suffering and fear. Freedom from concepts and believing I am this body/mind entity. I also want Truth. What is this life all about after all. What is true about it? What is false? I want to move beyond the need to know the answer to all of these questions too.
What do you expect from a guided conversation? To be encouraged and supported in self enquiry and to be helped to see through blocking beliefs/concepts. I have many false beliefs and concepts that get in the way of seeing who I truly am. I believe I know who I am/am not but for some reason do not live from that place of knowing. I would like help to explore what's in the way of me living the Truth as i have seen it to be. Thank you.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?

meditation, retreats, Satsang with free beings, nature and some self-enquiry (also with Liberation unleashed some years ago)

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self? 10

JonathanR

Re: A prayer for the end of fear & suffering

Postby JonathanR » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:48 am

Hello Sumitra1

Welcome to Liberation Unleashed.

I woukd like to offer to assist you in your self-inquiry. Please let me know if you accept?

Please post daily and I will do the same? This way there can be a certain focus and momentum to inquiry.

I read your introduction with interest and have a few observations and questions for you. (I imagine that you already know that these inquiries tend to involve quite a few questions from the guide which are all opportunities for you to investigate?)
I want freedom. The end of this psychological suffering and fear. Freedom from concepts and believing I am this body/mind entity.

Although we point to no self, how this will be experienced cannot be predicted. Its important to understand this. Hence any expectation of how it should be experienced is likely to obstruct.

Have you ever had an experience of going to see a film or performance, or maybe the circus or a party? possibly as a child? With great hopes and excitement about how great it will be? And then the event starts and somehow there ends up being a preoccupation with 'why it's not the way I imagined it would be' ?... And its not as if the show isn't great in its own right, possibly even better than the expectation of it, but that doesn't get seen at the time? The entire experience is a disappointment?

Without being overly intellectual about it, it depends precisely what you mean by 'freedom'. Or 'End of suffering'? . We turn everything around to look at 'self' and our exploration of that is key to whatever benefits may flow... and those cannot be predicted

How do you feel about what I have said here?
I also want Truth. What is this life all about after all. What is true about it? What is false?
We can certainly examine experience of life to find out whats actually happening as distinct from deas or thoughts ABOUT it that may not be true at all.
I want to move beyond the need to know the answer to all of these questions too.
Great. That we can address.

I look forward to working with you

Warm regards

Jon

Sumitra1

Postby Sumitra1 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:18 am

Hello Jon,
Thanks for your reply. It's really helpful for my expectations to be challenged. I get that.

Since sending this request to Liberation Unleashed, some friends set up a group to follow Adyashanti's 30 day Wake Up Challenge. That started on Sunday, and I agreed to be part of it last week, as I hadn't heard from you at that time.

Is it possible to complete my commitment there and see how that process goes and then come back to you or LU, in general?

Apologies for this (although as I say, your point about expectations is helping me with this Adya course).

Very warm wishes,

Sumitra xxx

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:16 pm

Hi Sumitrs

Of course. Do the Adyashanti course. it's a great idea to do one thing at a time.

See how hat goes and come back here whenever you want. You can post on this thread again. That way you won't have to go through the registration system and wait for a guide.

If I inadvertently miss your post at a later date try a few times. I should then notice. I only say this because I may not be on the lookout for posts by you by then. But if you post a couple of times your name will appear high up the list and I should notice that you're waiting for me to reply.

All the best with the Adyashanti course.

Best wishes

Jon

Sumitra1

Postby Sumitra1 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:14 am

Thanks Jon. All the best, Sumitra

Return to “THE GATE”