I am determined to see things differently

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Tricksee

Re: I am determined to see things differently

Postby Tricksee » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:00 am

Hi Kay I will redo the exercise but as I read what you have pointed to I See it... It is when a seeming situation arises like that of fear That I start to get caught up in it (Not always) some times I see it. When the not always seeing it starts and 'I' seem to get caught up in the movie is when 'i' get frustrated... and sometimes I see that the frustration is a part of the too...

Love Tricksee

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:47 am

Hi Tricksee,
I will redo the exercise but as I read what you have pointed to I See it... It is when a seeming situation arises like that of fear That I start to get caught up in it (Not always) some times I see it. When the not always seeing it starts and 'I' seem to get caught up in the movie is when 'i' get frustrated... and sometimes I see that the frustration is a part of the too...
Yes, at times there is a "getting caught up in it", but as you noticed that there is also a noticing of "being caught up in it". There is no trigger to either of the getting caught up in, or the noticing of it. ARe you not aware of both of those situations? However, when you LOOK do you find that you are the bundles of thoughts and sensations or are you simply aware of it all?

Love, Kay
Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.
https://freedomalreadyis.com/

Tricksee

Postby Tricksee » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:57 am

Thank you Kay This is very helpful. I will repeat the exercises again several times through out the day and try and post tomorrow. (there have been re-occurring power outages through out this evening here). We will see what tomorrow brings.

With Love and gratitude Tricksee

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:32 am

Take several days in order to give attention to both exercises. They are really helpful when the idea of suffering from/with fear or any emotions appear.

Kay

Tricksee

Postby Tricksee » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi Kay
As suggested I took several days to go over both exercises.
Does the label ‘fear’ know anything about fear, or is the word just a bunch of letters?
Is the label ‘fear’ itself, fearful?
Can you find anyone/anything in the word itself that is fearful?
It is just amazing to me how listening/responding to thoughts is so automatically taken as the truth. As 'I' looked at this it was so simple to see that both the word and the meaning was made up from nowhere...
Does the sensation itself suggest in any way that it is fear, or that it is fearful?
Does the sensation itself know anything about fear?
Can you find anyone/anything in the sensation itself or behind the sensation that is fearful?
Really the same response to this question as the last one. The sensation itself simply is...
Does the image/outline itself know anything about ‘fear’.
And then look to see if there is anyone/anything in the colour that knows anything about ‘fear’ or that can be ‘fearful’
There is no one image/outline to know anything about fear or what can be fearful.
So, is there actual experience of ‘fear’, or what is actually appearing (AE) is label + sensation + colour + thoughts ABOUT fear? Is 'fear' actually known?
Everything around fear is not known.
Do this exercise of looking for the link between thought story and sensation at least 3-4 times throughout each day, for the next 2-3 days, making sure to look very carefully. Let me know what how you go and what you find.
There is no link between fear and sensation.
As I have been looking at everything especially even the word 'Son', All the thoughts/beliefs that come up around that one word alone can be staggering! One 'subtle change' that I have noticed that 'opinions/feed back have all but ceased. Unless asked directly, and even then the answers that come back sometimes seem to surprise the heck out of 'me'. 'i' still get caught up in the belief of thoughts/sensations. It just seems less...

Love Tricksee

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:18 am

Hi Tricksee,
Does the label ‘fear’ know anything about fear, or is the word just a bunch of letters?
Is the label ‘fear’ itself, fearful?
Can you find anyone/anything in the word itself that is fearful?
It is just amazing to me how listening/responding to thoughts is so automatically taken as the truth. As 'I' looked at this it was so simple to see that both the word and the meaning was made up from nowhere...
Yes, that is why I suggest over and over and over that everything is checked with AE and not just believing what thought says. It is the LOOKING over and over and over and over that brings the realisation that there is no Trickseeself and then the continual LOOKING after realising that cements this realisation. Unless you are willing to do this tedious LOOKING…then clarity will elude you
So, is there actual experience of ‘fear’, or what is actually appearing (AE) is label + sensation + colour + thoughts ABOUT fear? Is 'fear' actually known?
Everything around fear is not known
Exactly! So whenever the idea of ‘fear’ arises….you actually have to go through all those steps to investigate whether ‘fear’ is actually known. You can’t just say to yourself.. “oh I looked the other day and could see that it isn’t” and leave it at that. You actually have to investigate it indepth via LOOKING each time. When you learned your ABC’s as a child…did you not have to keep doing them over and over and over until they became known? This is no different. You can’t expect years and years of conditioning/believing that you are the Trickseeself to disappear overnight. It has to be seen over and over and over…that the separate self as it is thought to be is unfindable.
As I have been looking at everything especially even the word 'Son', All the thoughts/beliefs that come up around that one word alone can be staggering! One 'subtle change' that I have noticed that 'opinions/feed back have all but ceased. Unless asked directly, and even then the answers that come back sometimes seem to surprise the heck out of 'me'. 'i' still get caught up in the belief of thoughts/sensations. It just seems less...
Yes….wonderful observation! The feeling of being caught up in beliefs happens. It’s like watching a movie where you get sucked into parts of it, and you find yourself becoming sad, angry, happy etc, and then find yourself realising that you are watching a movie and you are no longer enamoured to what is happening in the movie as the movie. This continues to happen, it’s just that you become more and more aware of it.

I wanted to address some of the other responses etc you made to the questions asked to see where we are at. Let’s look at this one first.
What is the difference from before you started this dialogue? Please report from the past few days.
It is very freeing... The difference from before I started this dialogue to now Is the feeling that should some thought arise that I am believing 'i' can 'LOOK' for Now I do not have to because there is only this moment and it is peaceful.
What the question is asking is…how do you FEEL from when you started this dialogue to now. Not that you now have tools that you can use which help you free yourself from thoughts, sensations etc. But how does it FEEL to realise that there is no separate self as you thought yourself to be? It is a feeling that tells you that you have had the realisation. There is a light bulb moment and a shift in how you feel. It can be a very subtle feeling...but how you see things would have changed and how you feel would have changed. No, the outside world doesn't change, and yet everything has changed.

So what has changed and what hasn't?

Love, Kay

Tricksee

Postby Tricksee » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:37 am

Hi Kay
This is Funny When I started to read this question there was a little chuckle. you might as well of asked me what does dhmslpometu mean (I just made that word up )lol! The question felt meaningless. Then there was a noticing of searching going on...but nothing could be found because there is nothing to find. the simple answer without thought is nothing. Nothing and everything.

Love Tricksee

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:04 pm

Hello Tricksee,
This is Funny When I started to read this question there was a little chuckle. you might as well of asked me what does dhmslpometu mean (I just made that word up )lol! The question felt meaningless. Then there was a noticing of searching going on...but nothing could be found because there is nothing to find. the simple answer without thought is nothing. Nothing and everything.
I am sorry Tricksee, but it was not a trick question or a meaningless question. It is a simple question of what has changed and what hasn't in context to what I wrote to you in my last post. I would suggest that you reread your thread. Unfortunately I am no longer able to continue guiding. I have been wanting to stop guiding for awhile now and have been continuing in case you and a couple of others I am guiding as a courtesy since I started with you, however, I can see from your response that extra time is needed....and I just don't have this time.

If you feel you are still wanting to continue, I would suggest that you start a new thread and introduce yourself again from where you are at now and wait for another guide.

It has been lovely guiding you to date and I wish you the very best.

Love, Kay

Tricksee

Postby Tricksee » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:17 pm

Hi Kay No worries it is all fine I tend to prefer picking up a phone and speaking with someone as it seems simpler in my case. Thank you for taking the time. You are an excellent guide.

Love Tricksee

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:30 pm

Hi Tricksee,

Yes, the forums way of being guided is not for everyone. Some like the experience of being able to write out their responses as doing that also seems to bring further clarity whilst it is being written. Others prefer the one-on-one. There are those who are offer that service via LU and can be found at this link:-

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7090&p=265515#p265515

Best wishes,
Kay

Return to “THE GATE”