asking for forgetmenot as guide

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
forgetmenot

Re: asking for forgetmenot as guide

Postby forgetmenot » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:53 am

Hello Rami,
By the by your grand child is cute.
Thank you….I agree with you there! ;) :)

Rami…these examples aren’t clear. If you are not clear about AE, then it will be rough going moving through this exploration. You need to precise in what is AE and what is thoughts about AE and thoughts! Actually we can’t move forward until I see you are clear about what AE is. You cannot LOOK to see what is being pointed at, if you can't see the difference between what actually IS (AE) and notice how thought overlays AE with stories. Knowing the difference is the an important...if not the most important element to this exploration.

So are you actually LOOKING at/with AE or are you just working off the idea that you already know; therefore you really don’t need to spend time doing this exercise? Or are you just not crystal clear what AE is and what thought says about AE?
Clock - color, movement, sound
What is the AE of ‘movement’?
Holding pen- color, texure of the surface
What is the AE of “texture of the surface”?
Holding tea glass - roughness of steel, sensation, color
What is the AE of “roughness of steel”? What is it pointing to exactly? Does it point to smell, colour, sensation, taste, sound or thought?
Sip of tea - sensation, sweetness and liquidity, unpleasant thought because of the improperly prepared tea
What is the AE of ‘sweetness”?
What is the AE of ‘liquidity’?

What is the difference between thoughts that are ‘unpleasant and the thought “improperly prepared tea”? Or are they all simply AE of thought?

Piece of cloth - first then color then color name and then type of the cloth, then simultaneous thoughts
What is AE of “piece of cloth”?
What is the AE of “name” and “type of cloth”?
What is the difference between the thought "type of cloth" and the "simultaneous thought"?

Umbrella- First color then it's name
What is the AE of its name, ‘umbrella’?
Food - color and smell, it's taste and sensation while taking the morsel of food into the mouth
What is the AE of “while taking the morsel of food into the mouth”?
What is the AE of “mouth”?
Flower on the terrace - first color then the words flower, leaves, branches etc
What is the AE of ‘words flower, leaves, branches’?

Kay
Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.
https://freedomalreadyis.com/

summiru2

Postby summiru2 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:58 am

So are you actually LOOKING at/with AE or are you just working off the idea that you already know; therefore you really don’t need to spend time doing this exercise? Or are you just not crystal clear what AE is and what thought says about AE?
Clock - color, movement, sound
I am not assuming that I know this excercise.
color
Texture means sensation
What is the AE of “roughness of steel”? What is it pointing to exactly? Does it point to smell, colour, sensation, taste, sound or thought?
Sensation and color and thoughts
Piece of cloth - first then color then color name and then type of the cloth, then simultaneous thoughts
What is the difference between the thought "type of cloth" and the "simultaneous thought"?[
/quote]

First the sensation color of the cloth is perceived then the name of the color popped as thought.
Food - color and smell, it's taste and sensation while taking the morsel of food into the mouth
Blank
What is the AE of “mouth”?
Thought

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:24 pm

Hello Rami,

Can you please answer questions given, individually. I ask you to do this for a reason. One reason being, the more you LOOK the clearer everything becomes. You were also asked to respond daily, or at least every second day, and if you were unable to, then to drop me a post saying so. I want you to double check that you are really wanting to do this exploration, because I honestly couldn't be bothered, if you couldn't be bothered. I am not much into wasting my time. You asked me to guide you....I didn't force you to make a thread and be guided. So please choose, and either commit, or don't bother. But don't oscillate between the two.
Color
The AE of ‘movement’ is thought. Without thought how can it be known that something is moving?

Texture means sensation
The AE of what is labelled as ‘texture’ is AE of sensation, however the label ‘texture’ is AE of thought.
Is this clear?

“Roughness of steel” is a description of something. It is AE of thought and overlays the raw experience labelled as ‘sensation’.
The AE of what is being described as “roughness of steel” is AE of sensation
Can you see this?

What is the difference between the thought "type of cloth" and the "simultaneous thought"?
First the sensation color of the cloth is perceived then the name of the color popped as thought.
I would like you to answer each question individually…so that I can see if you are clear about AE or not. If not...then we can’t move on until you are. The whole foundation of this exploration is based on you becoming aware of AE, and knowing the difference between AE and the content of thought. So you either want to have the realisation or not.

Blank
Does “while taking the morsel of food into the mouth” point to AE of sound, colour, smell, taste, sensation or just thought?

You did not answer all questions in blue in my last post. Would you please do so. This is for your benefit, not mine. How about rereading your thread to date...so that you can have another look at what AE is. This was the third exercise is pointing to what AE is and how thought overlays raw experience with labels and stories. Go back and repeat the apple exercise. Do what you need to help yourself.
Sip of tea - sensation, sweetness and liquidity, unpleasant thought because of the improperly prepared tea

What is the difference between thoughts that are ‘unpleasant and the thought “improperly prepared tea”? Or are they all simply AE of thought?

Kay

summiru2

Postby summiru2 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:15 pm

Can you please answer questions given, individually. I ask you to do this for a reason. One reason being, the more you LOOK the clearer everything becomes. You were also asked to respond daily, or at least every second day, and if you were unable to, then to drop me a post saying so. I want you to double check that you are really wanting to do this exploration, because I honestly couldn't be bothered, if you couldn't be bothered. I am not much into wasting my time. You asked me to guide you....I didn't force you to make a thread and be guided. So please choose, and either commit, or don't bother. But don't oscillate between the two.
I would continue.
Color
The AE of ‘movement’ is thought. Without thought how can it be known that something is moving?
Yes, movement is a thought.

Texture means sensation
The AE of what is labelled as ‘texture’ is AE of sensation, however the label ‘texture’ is AE of thought.
Is this clear?
That means perception related to the skin is called as sensation, is it? Yes, texture is thought(all the words, descriptions are nothing but thoughts)
“Roughness of steel” is a description of something. It is AE of thought and overlays the raw experience labelled as ‘sensation’.
It's too quick. All most of all the times just thoughts are coming immediately, it is very difficult to distinguish between thoughts and AE.

The AE of what is being described as “roughness of steel” is AE of sensation
Can you see this?
Yes all the descriptions and experiences are just thoughts.
I would like you to answer each question individually…so that I can see if you are clear about AE or not. If not...then we can’t move on until you are. The whole foundation of this exploration is based on you becoming aware of AE, and knowing the difference between AE and the content of thought. So you either want to have the realisation or not.
Yes, truth needs to be found. Finding truth is very important.
Blank
Does “while taking the morsel of food into the mouth” point to AE of sound, colour, smell, taste, sensation or just thought?
Taste.
You did not answer all questions in blue in my last post. Would you please do so. This is for your benefit, not mine.

Yes I get it.

How about rereading your thread to date...so that you can have another look at what AE is. This was the third exercise is pointing to what AE is and how thought overlays raw experience with labels and stories. Go back and repeat the apple exercise. Do what you need to help yourself.
Taste
sensation
Yes these are all thoughts.
It is a thought.
These are all thoughts.

Kay, do I need to work on apple exercise one more time freshly?

Thank you very much for your efforts.

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:10 pm

Hello Rami,

I think redoing the apple exercise is an excellent idea. But this time we will do it this way, so you get to LOOK and see what is actual experience and what are the thoughts about AE.

Once you have done this exercise with a piece of fruit/food, I would like you to get a flower, or leaf, or object of any kind and redo the whole exercise using the new object. And then choose another object and redo the exercise so that you become very clear what AE is

So please get an ‘apple’ or any other piece of fruit, or even a piece of cheese or chocolate will do….go get it and then place it in front of you on the table.

Now LOOK carefully.

1. The image of the ‘apple’ is the actual experience of colour and NOT the AE of an apple. The shape referred to as ‘apple’ is just different shades and patterns of colour. Ignore ALL thoughts and ‘mental’ images that appear of and about the ‘apple’ and just focus on the colour.

Does the colour itself suggest in any way that it knows anything about an ‘apple’? Or is it just simply AE of colour?
Without thought, without any preconceived ideas, how is it known that the colour appearing is that of an ‘apple’?

2. Now, pick up the ‘apple’ and close the eyes. Ignore ALL thoughts and ‘mental’ images that appear of and about the ‘apple’ and of ‘hands’ and just focus on the sensation.

Does the sensation itself suggest in any way that it is an apple, and that it knows anything about an ‘apple’? Or is it just simply AE of sensation?
Without thought, without any preconceived ideas, how is it known that it is the sensation has anything to do with an ‘apple’?

3. Now, take a bite of the ‘apple’. Ignore ALL thoughts and ‘mental’ images that appear of and about the ‘apple’ and just focus on the taste.

Does taste itself suggest in any way that it knows anything about an apple? Or is there just simply AE of taste?
Without thought, without any preconceived ideas, how is it known that it is the taste of an ‘apple’?

4. Now, have a smell of the ‘apple’. Ignore ALL thoughts and ‘mental’ images that appear of and about the ‘apple’ and just focus on the smell.

Does smell itself suggest in any way that it knows anything about an apple? Or is there just simple AE of smell?
Without thought, without any preconceived ideas, how is it known that it is the smell of an ‘apple’?

5. Now, listen to the sound of the ‘crunch of an apple’. Ignore ALL thoughts and ‘mental’ images that appear of and about the ‘apple’ and just focus on the sound.

Does the sound itself suggest in any way that it knows anything about an apple? Or is there just simple AE of sound?
Without thought, without any preconceived ideas, how is it known that it is the sound is that of an ‘apple’?

6. So now look at the label ‘apple and the thought “I am looking at, and eating an apple”.

Does the label itself or the thought itself know anything about an ‘apple’? Or are they just simply AE of label/thought?

The label ‘apple’ is the AE of thought and not the AE of an apple
The image labelled ‘apple’ is AE of colour and not the AE of an apple
The smell labelled ‘apple’ is AE of smell and not the AE of an apple
The taste labelled ‘apple’ is AE of taste and not the AE of an apple
The sound labelled ‘crunchy apple’ is AE of sound and not the AE of an apple
The sensation labelled as ‘hard, round apple’ is the AE of sensation and not the AE of an apple

Thought overlays actual experience with concepts. An example being the AE of colour is being labelled as an 'apple'.

So is there really actual experience of an ‘apple’, or what is actually appearing, what the actual experience is, is colour, sensation, taste, smell, sound, which thought then labels and describes as an 'apple'?
In other words, is an apple actually known or only thoughts about an apple are known?

Kay

Return to “THE GATE”