surrender

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
charlie

Re: surrender

Postby charlie » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:27 am

Correct me if Im wrong.
So what you are saying is that the sense experiences is the only facts. Yet because we cannot define them... they dont exist... and we dont exist?
cheers
c

Abraxaz

Postby Abraxaz » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:42 pm

So what you are saying is that the sense experiences is the only facts
No. I'm saying that they are the only things we are going to talk about. Im hoping to avoid debates or questions about things that you can not experience directly for yourself. What you are being pointed to does not require belief, reasoning, or faith. It is to be found in your AE. This is why I am limiting the talk to these things only
they dont exist... and we dont exist
Also, no. I'm not here to talk about what does and does not exist. I don't point to no self. I point to not self. you will hear me come back to this again and again. one of the nice things about what we are doing here is that you don't have to trust me or believe anything I say. Just look to your own experience - your own AE and you can see this. and what can you see? you can see that the things you think that make you who you are quite simply don't. The things you think of when you say "this is me, this is who I am" those things cant really be found in your AE. But you first have to know what you are thinking of as a self. This is why I was trying so hard to get you to nail down a few of those things. You philosophized a lot about it, but the more you can define the self in your own experience - the easier it is to see that its not there. I will try to shine a light on the most common areas where people feel the self as being real - the self as the body, the self as the controller and decider, etc ....Each one of the exercises is designed to let you see that this cant be found in AE. Its super helpful to realize from the start that your thoughts are not reality - this is not to say thinking is not real or you are not thinking about real things. Its simply saying that if you are thirsty and think about water, you wont be able to take a sip. That's not too controversial. only a cup or water - in front of you - in your AE can be found to be 'real' in the sense that Im talking about here. We are not talking about "thoughts about a cup of water" - we are finding a cup, filling it, and drinking from it so that we can know for ourselves what it is. this is AE. The former is thoughts. This cant be stated enough. It will be the key to you seeing or not seeing what is being shown here.

Does that make things more clear?

charlie

Postby charlie » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:59 am

thank you... somewhat clearer. I will trust the process of discovery.
cheers
Charles

Abraxaz

Postby Abraxaz » Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:18 am

Sorry for the delay. I’ll get to the exercises soon. Was away for work this week and guiding had to take a back seat

Here is a prelim exercise. Consider and answer this:
Take any object in your room. Describe it as fully as possible.

Take every description and see how that maps to the knowledge of self.

For example: if I take my object to be a slice of pizza I could say ‘it’s a triangle, it’s salty, it’s warm. Etc’

So then you would have to say the shape, taste, sensation of the self - just like I did for the pizza.

Make sense?

charlie

Postby charlie » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:01 pm

thank you, Ill give it a go: a pen

this object is hard, narrow and cylindrical in shape, about as long the distance between the end of my thumb and the end of my index finger and as wide as the width of the nail on my smallest finger.The material is plastic and metal and the color is grey on parts and black on other parts. One end has a covering part that can be removed and can be used to protect the pointed other end which also has a metal tip that when touched or pushed against another object like paper ... leaves a black mark. It can be used to write with.

hmmm... I see what you mean...
c

charlie

Postby charlie » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:10 am

I feel you will enjoy this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_qepLq ... e=youtu.be

and after watching it... my questions are answered... thank you for your guidance... I will not require your service any longer... all the best on your journey
Charles

Return to “THE GATE”