Who am I

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
plabos01

Who am I

Postby plabos01 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:52 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
I understand that what I believe to be Paula, housed in this body does not exist... or even outside the body. Paula is basically a set of beliefs taken on over the life of this being that appear to constitute the life of this person... and make the being feel like there is a real person with a real life and real problems etc.

What are you looking for at LU?
to get past the mind, concepts, trying to understand what can't be understood... I feel I have more understanding recently regarding the idea that I am not housed in this body but there still feels like a me... even though I have an idea that is a bunch of beliefs and memories, conditioning, etc. that it make it feel that way... I want to see so that there is a shift in perception that can't be undone... I want it to be undeniable, clear, even if it takes time to fully integrate... I would like to have a sense of being one with all things...

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
help in bringing me to that place by asking the right questions that I probably have not asked myself or been asked before so that I can look in a place I haven't looked or see in a way i haven't thought to see... again to get past the mind and it's tricks... to possible use the mind but in a way that it unravels itself...

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I am 62 years old. I have been a seeker for all my life but only the last 12 years or so a spiritual seeker as I had no idea before that what I was looking for.. I have gone the normal route of reading everything, studying, etc. My life has been devoted to the past 12 years.. There is nothing I want more.. I have led a life of suffering like most but I realize now that much or all of it was false perception. In any event I have tried ayawashka but went with the intention of a gentle experience.. and got that.. Now I feel I gyped myself. I have gotten to where I see emotions as surpresssed energy trapped in the body being triggered and coming up for release.. I do get caught up in them at times but can see them for what they are. I've learned to pay attention to what arises but allow it to be when possible. I am now in the finders Course and we just got to inquiry and at first i freaked out.. I realize there is still some fear about losing the self... But I also listened to some of Fred Davis and it got me to where i see that i am not in my body... and so I am not my body but there is still a sense there is a me... maybe I'm just holding on, I don't know... Having done the headless way as well through the course was helpful in the sense that I sense consciousness is experiencing or having an experience through this vehicle... I even have a sense that I am not limited by this body... but i still feel like Paula... I haven't broken free yet... Maybe I'm expecting some profound experience and maybe there is none... maybe its subtle but I don't think I've gotten there yet.. I must say that I'm concerned that I won't be able to answer the questions and that the person will give up on me... i am serious but I am also still stuck in my conditioning I guess... I hope to see and worry I'll just stay stuck... sometimes I feel like it'll just never happen and maybe that's a belief i need to let go of as well... or maybe it's fear.. or maybe all of it.. In any event I am ready and willing to step through the Gateless Gate...

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Vivien

Re: Who am I

Postby Vivien » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:17 am

Hi,

My name is Vivien, and I am happy to assist in exploring 'no-self' and other related topics.

At LU we are described as guides - not teachers - as our role is to directly point to what IS, through the use of exercises and questions. Your role is to LOOK carefully to what is being pointed at. It is this simple LOOKING (not thinking) that brings the realisation that there is no separate self and never has been. This is an experiential based guiding and is not a discussion or a debate.

This is YOUR inquiry. I will not be giving you new ideas and beliefs; only assisting you in examining and questioning the ones that you already have.

Before we begin, here are links to information I would like you to read please.
Disclaimer:-
http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Terms & Conditions:
https://www.liberationunleashed.com/register/terms/

“Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU.
http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

A few ground rules:
1. Post at least once a day, if you cannot post, or need more time, please let me know.
2. Be 100% honest in your answers and inquiry.
3. This exploration is based on Actual (or Direct) Experience (AE or DE) - smell, taste, sound, sensation, color and thoughts - only. Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process. There is no ‘self’ to improve.
4. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies and such for the remainder of this investigation. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily and essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.
5. Understand that I will be guiding you, rather than teaching you, and the more you put into this process the more you will get out of it.

A few technical support:

- You can reply to this thread by pushing the 'Post Reply" button at the left bottom of this page.
- You can learn to use the quote function, instructions are located in the link below this line:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=660

Technology is not perfect and sometimes there is a glitch which can wipe out your responses. It is advisable that you copy and paste questions asked into Word, answer them there and then copy and paste them to your thread. Always save a copy of what you have done, it will save time in the long run.

If you are happy to agree to the above and have me your guide, we can start the process.
To begin with, so that we both become aware of what your expectations are about this exploration (for example, what life will look and feel like and what you want/hope will change or not change). Could you please answer the following questions:

How will Life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Throughout this exploration I would like you to answer ALL questions that I have written in blue text. Please answer questions INDIVIDUALLY, remembering to use the Quote function to highlight the question being answered.

Vivien
"In the seen, there is only the seen. In the heard, there is only the heard. In the sensed, there is only the sensed. You are located neither in this, nor in that, nor in any place between the two." - Buddha
http://fadingveiling.com/

Return to “THE GATE”