Self or no self. Constiousness or no constiousness?

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
ningma56

Self or no self. Constiousness or no constiousness?

Postby ningma56 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:03 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
Hi. I have a family background in Buddihism, and I happened to read and be influenced by a lot of books related to it. According to the Buddha teachings, there is no self in terms of a separate entity independent from everything else in the universe. An entity that exists all by itself
What are you looking for at LU?
To help me really see the thru the Truth and remove the misunderstandings for good. I want to know the Truth with an unshakable knowledge. I want to know my real self like it supposed to be. Irreversible knowledge. A no return trip. No more back and forth to the ignorance mind.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
I love to have a brother or sister who had traveled the road before me, pointing to me where I am stuck at. What is it that keeps me in the ignorance realm and help me to see clearly and surely my true self. To help me get free from my conditions.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
I have a back injury 30 years ago. I have a lot back pain, have to take pain killers every day to deal with it. I only do meditation in any position but sitting. I have moments of peace, stillness throughout the day even during work. I notice the silent background of what is moment to moment. I have noticed silence when inquiring "who am I"? Before i go to bed every night, i said to myself "I am not the body. I am not the mind, i am not the thoughts. Then i pause. I am awareness."
I do the same thing when i first wake up in the morning. When i take a walk, i do notice everything as a whole, coming and going, but the knowing is always here, even in moment of distraction. It's always here. I don't have to do anything about it. It's always here no matter what, whether i notice it or not.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Barb

Re: Self or no self. Constiousness or no constiousness?

Postby Barb » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:20 pm

Hi :)

I would like to assist you with exploring the concept of the separate self. My role is to point by using exercises and questions. You don’t actually have to do anything other than to LOOK with your five senses at what is being pointed at. To see you are already seeing and always have been seeing what actually is. This is not about thinking about something, it is about Direct Experience... :)

This simple seeing also notices that there is no self here - there's just what is going on, that this is already going on for everyone right now. But the mind comes in and makes it complicated and says it's difficult and out of reach. My job as a guide is to help you to see that this basic awareness/seeing is always here and always has been.

Please read this links before we begin:

Disclaimer:-

http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Terms & Conditions:-

https://www.liberationunleashed.com/register/terms/

“Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU.

http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

Please learn to use the quote function. When replying to a question, please use the quote function to highlight the question being answered. Instructions are located in the link below:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=660

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fAToDNh9hQ&app=desktop

Please confirm that you have read the disclaimer and the other links and we can then begin the exploration.

Love, Barb
Looking —> Seeing....Seeing —> Freedom

Return to “THE GATE”