What we are looking for is what’s looking

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Ilona
Site Admin

Re: What we are looking for is what’s looking

Postby Ilona » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:44 pm

Good work, so what lifted your arm? Was it thought? Was it words on the screen? Or?

Did you try to play this during the day?
Try some more, till you know.

Love.
Truth realized will set you free.
http://ilonaciunaite.com/book

EsUno

Postby EsUno » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:03 pm

Will keep trying!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:01 pm

How is it going? Anything to Report?

EsUno

Postby EsUno » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:43 pm

I continued to play with this and paying attention to other actions/"decisions" throughout the day as well. What seems to happen is most things just kind of happen based on thoughts. Where the thoughts come from is another story though.

With the arm raising exercise specifically, it kind of confused me and I don't know why that is - seems about as simple as things can get but I couldn't seem to come to a definite conclusion on exactly what happened after reading that and before the arm raised.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:09 am

Like an itch is met by a scratch a simple instruction is met with instant response. If I asked you to go to a bank and commit a robbery, you wouldn’t have done that, but this simple suggestion was allowed in and response happened. Naturally.

Notice effortlessness. Everything is already here, already happening. Attention is drawn to stimulus by itself. Responses, reactions answer stimulus. Questions are seeking answers.
Reading these words is simply happening, black squiggles are understood and meaning is landing. Do you need to think anything in order for life to happen? Or thinking is one of things that happen as life?

Love.

EsUno

Postby EsUno » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:33 pm

Attention is drawn to stimulus by itself. Responses, reactions answer stimulus.

Love.
Busy morning, will respond in more detail in a couple of hours but just had to say this was really something that stood out to me!

EsUno

Postby EsUno » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:43 am

Reading these words is simply happening, black squiggles are understood and meaning is landing. Do you need to think anything in order for life to happen? Or thinking is one of things that happen as life?

Love.
Life happens no matter what we do or what we think about it. Nothing for any of us to do to make it happen.

Thinking is just one more thing that happens within life.

This seems to be pretty at odds compared to how we usually live our lives or how I normally do anyway. When we can notice that it's just happening, no matter what (really notice and not just rattle off aphorisms that sound like we know we're not in control), it's much more peaceful, that's for sure.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:42 pm

Lovely!
What else are you noticing?
What differences do you notice from before we started this conversation? In ordinary everyday life, what has changed, what hasn’t?

Love.

EsUno

Postby EsUno » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Lovely!
What else are you noticing?
What differences do you notice from before we started this conversation? In ordinary everyday life, what has changed, what hasn’t?

Love.

The main thing that's changed is I'm really paying more attention to awareness in day-to-day life. Prior to this, I was reading, researching and watching anything I could get my hands on w/ regard to non-duality but within the day-to-day, not a whole lot had changed with me. The hand-raising exercise made me start paying attention more. Actually, I think it was less that specific exercise and more the interaction - knowing that I'd need to report back honestly to someone.

Other than that, things are essentially the same I believe. I did purchase your book (L.U.) and started reading that but wasn't sure if that was advised during this time. I know we're supposed to be putting aside any other teachers , I thought maybe if it was your teaching it would be okay though.

The fact that I was having such a hard time putting down the books, movies, audio during this period made me question whether or not I'm a tad addicted to the search or the learning aspect of this. Simply learning about other people's experiences hasn't gotten me anywhere so far.

I've kind of been chasing that experience I had it seems. The clarity that came with that only lasted for about a day but ever since then, I've spent most of my free time reading and researching. However, I think it might be some type of cop-out for actually investigating this stuff for myself (which is what led to that experience - I had been following along with questions from Gateless Gatecrashers).

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:32 pm

That’s great, that you are more attentive to what is going on.
It’s about receptivity, how open you are, how receptive you are to what is being brought your way. Meeting whatever comes with openeness and allowing. And noticing all restrictions, all thoughts about what should and should not be.

Yes there may be addiction to reading about other people’s experiences. What you can do is start writing instead. What is true to you?

It’s like this: there are ten painters painting a landscape of a mountain and a lake, and all paintings will be different, unique expressions, different strokes, colours, styles. But if you see that mountain and a lake, you can paint it and you will recognise it in other paintings, even if they are different.
So invitation here is to paint your own lake and mountains. To write what you see.

It’s ok to read LU book, as I have out all the pointers in there. This conversation is specific pointers to you. But if you read that book, don’t just read, answer the questions and do the exercises. It’s written for you :)

Here is a question:
What does this seeking energy want? Is it happy to continue seeking? Or does it want to rest?
If so, is it ready to rest?
If so, is it ready to rest now?

What is here without seeking?

Love.

EsUno

Postby EsUno » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:23 pm

It’s about receptivity, how open you are, how receptive you are to what is being brought your way. Meeting whatever comes with openeness and allowing. And noticing all restrictions, all thoughts about what should and should not be.

Yes there may be addiction to reading about other people’s experiences. What you can do is start writing instead. What is true to you?
I've definitely started to notice this. As I've tried to slow things down and really notice what's going on moment to moment, the most simple advice from these different teachers seems to be what's ringing true. Looking back, seems like I was trying to understand every little facet about it, how it works, etc.

I agree with you on the writing. I actually love writing. I found it hard to find the right questions to ask to keep things moving with regard to this though for some reason. Not sure why. That's actually why I ended up coming here as I can see the benefit but wasn't sure what to be asking (perhaps I've been resisting asking the tough questions for some reason, I'm not sure).

I also like the painters metaphor; it rings very true. I was initially so intrigued by all of this "enlightenment stuff". At first, I wasn't even that familiar with the term "seeking" or being "a seeker" and I certainly wouldn't have labeled myself as one.

Funny thing is, the Jed Mckenna books are what initially piqued my interest with regard to all of this and as you know, he's not shy about pointing out how many folks tend to spin their wheels, fooling themselves into thinking they're doing the work when in reality, they're just killing time (or looking for something else).

Here is a question:
What does this seeking energy want? Is it happy to continue seeking? Or does it want to rest?
If so, is it ready to rest?
If so, is it ready to rest now?
Great questions. To be quite honest, up until very recently, I think it would have been happy to continue seeking (although it wouldn't probably have admitted it). I do think it's ready to rest with regard to this. The seeking has clearly become a habit or a crutch of some kind. Spending 2-4 hours a day reading and reading and reading and much of the time somewhat zoned out, just kind of going through the motions. There must be better ways to spend that time. I want to think it's ready to rest.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:13 pm

What is here without seeking energy? Or what is here underneath all thinking?

What would you be without seeking?

For the sake of inquiry stop reading and watching everything about the subject. Look for answers in your own experience.
Tell me, what is not happening on automatic, by itself?
What are you controlling righ now?

Love

EsUno

Postby EsUno » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:01 am

What is here without seeking energy? Or what is here underneath all thinking?

What would you be without seeking?

For the sake of inquiry stop reading and watching everything about the subject. Look for answers in your own experience.

Love
- Underneath all thinking is just awareness or whatever it is that receives the input from our senses and the thoughts that pop up. Simpler term might be consciousness but that word trips me up as being too obscure somehow.

- I guess without seeking and without some of the other distractions, I’d just be what was described above? The receiver.

- Will do. Putting all reading and watching and listening (to media) on hold and will report back on those last two questions!

EsUno

Postby EsUno » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:41 am

Love
Answer to both seems to be nothing Image

EsUno

Postby EsUno » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:08 pm

One thing I have also noticed in my personal life, that seems to align with this is the notion/practice of “letting go/letting god”.

This is something I have really been focusing on for the past 6 months or so and have been quite frankly amazed with how much it seemingly seems to help.

I’m not a religious person and up until somewhat recently wouldn’t have called myself a spiritual person either but this one little aphorism has changed my world quite a bit.

For the first time, I was thinking of how well it seems to correlate with the noticing of things happening on automatic and us not being the doer. Obviously if things seem to happen on automatic and we aren’t the doer/controller of everything (anything?), it seems to make sense that letting go would be the best path forward.

Just something I noticed this am, figured I’d pass it along!

Return to “THE GATE”