Laughing Buddha

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Phil

Re: Laughing Buddha

Postby Phil » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:56 pm

Hey there Peter!

Very happy to read your reply.
Experienced a stillness and feeling that I was part of/one with the object observed or better that there was no distance between me and the object. Is this what you expected me to experience?
You tell me: is this different from your former experience and understanding? Is this more than mentally understanding: is it a knowing that results from seeing? Is it more than a fading feeling: can you have it anytime you do this?

Regards,

Phil
Stop following the crowd. They're lost as fuck.

Phil

Postby Phil » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:05 pm

I was part of/one with the object observed or better that there was no distance between me and the object.
How cool is that right! On investigation all borders are seen to been non-existant. We make the distinction between subject (oberserver) / action (observing) / object (observed). However when we take a close look (direct experience) at for instance "I hear music":
- where does the hearer stop and the hearing begin?
- where does the hearing stop and the music begin?

Where do I hear the music? In my head? In my ear? In the room? In the radio?

Feel free to comment on this from your own experience.

Talk soon!

Phil

Wijkpjvan

Postby Wijkpjvan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi Phil,

Sure is cool. From your example with hearing music my experience is that if I focus on that without being distracted or judgemental the music is simple happening and I feel or experience it as if it was coming from within. It resonates with my hearth and I feel my body responding to it.

It must be said though that mostly (in everyday experiences) the head get in the way first. Guess this is the phase this body/mind system is still conditioned.

rgds.

Peter

Wijkpjvan

Postby Wijkpjvan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:07 pm

Hi Phil,

If I focus on a single object, feeling, sound ao I feel it coming from within. It seems to work everytime but I cannot decribe it as a "knowing" yet. But must say it is an amazing feeling.

Rgds.

Peter

Phil

Postby Phil » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:34 am

Peter,

my experience is that if I focus on that without being distracted or judgemental the music is simple happening
The music, like everything else is simply happening. If this is your experience, can you locate a listener anywhere?
It must be said though that mostly (in everyday experiences) the head get in the way first. Guess this is the phase this body/mind system is still conditioned.
We have been conditioned/programmed form very early on. The belief in the self is a very central programm but it's not the only one. All your individual beliefs are programms that run on automatic and label and interpret your experience. For now let's focus on the belief in the self.
If I focus on a single object, feeling, sound ao I feel it coming from within.
When you say you feel it, what exactly do you mean with feeling? Please reflect on this and answer from direct experience.

When you say it comes from within, what exactly do you mean with coming from within? Please reflect on this and answer from direct experience.
It seems to work everytime but I cannot decribe it as a "knowing" yet.
When you focus you can 'feel it coming from within' everytime, and you can not describe it as knowing. What would it take to turn this feeling into knowlegde?

Enjoy working with the questions and talk soon!

Philip

Wijkpjvan

Postby Wijkpjvan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:00 am

Thanks Phillip,

Let me work on it for a while and revert asap

Rgds,

Peter

Phil

Postby Phil » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:32 pm

Hey Peter,

Just checking if I didn't miss any posts from you (that sometimes happens). If not, get back to me whenever you are ready to procede.

Phil

Wijkpjvan

Postby Wijkpjvan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:52 pm

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your message. Was about to reply

my experience is that if I focus on that without being distracted or judgemental the music is simple happening
The music, like everything else is simply happening. If this is your experience, can you locate a listener anywhere?

There seems to be no listener or the listener is all there is and falls/Is one with the musìc

We have been conditioned/programmed form very early on. The belief in the self is a very central programm but it's not the only one. All your individual beliefs are programms that run on automatic and label and interpret your experience. For now let's focus on the belief in the self.

Currently feeling somewhat depressed and trying to stay with that feeling

When you say you feel it, what exactly do you mean with feeling? Please reflect on this and answer from direct experience.

The feeling can be best described as being one with.

When you say it comes from within, what exactly do you mean with coming from within? Please reflect on this and answer from direct experience.

The head or mind seems to get out of the way and I feel a gentle sensation in the heart area. Everything quietes down.

When you focus you can 'feel it coming from within' everytime, and you can not describe it as knowing. What would it take to turn this feeling into knowlegde?

Don't know exactly but the thought that comes up is that with knowing comes a solid and slow breathing from the stomach area normally. With this exercise and in this stage it seems to be coming from the chest/hearth area but it can also be the case that my knowing normally comes from head logic and since this excercise leaves my head out I misinterpret

Rgds,

Peter

Phil

Postby Phil » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:50 pm

Hello Peter,

is it possible to send me that again using the "Quote" button? It's a bit distracting to have to figure out what your lines are and which mine.
You know how to use the quote button?
If not let me know.

Phil

Phil

Postby Phil » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:53 pm

Peter,

never mind for now, I figured it out.

Can you use it in the future? It makes reading more pleasant.

thx!

Phil

Wijkpjvan

Postby Wijkpjvan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:00 pm

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your message. Was about to reply

Peter;
"my experience is that if I focus on that without being distracted or judgemental the music is simple happening
The music, like everything else is simply happening."

Phil;
"If this is your experience, can you locate a listener anywhere?"

Peter;
There seems to be no listener or the listener is all there is and falls/Is one with the musìc

Peter;
"it must be said though that mostly (in everyday experiences) the head get in the way first. Guess this is the phase this body/mind system is still conditioned."

Phil;

Peter;
Currently feeling somewhat depressed and trying to stay with that feeling

Peter;
"If I focus on a single object, feeling, sound ao I feel it coming from within."

Phil;

Peter;

Phil;

Peter;
The head or mind seems to get out of the way and I feel a gentle sensation in the heart area. Everything quietes down.

Peter;
"It seems to work everytime but I cannot decribe it as a "knowing" yet.

Phil;

Peter;
Don't know exactly but the thought that comes up is that with knowing comes a solid and slow breathing from the stomach area normally. With this exercise and in this stage it seems to be coming from the chest/hearth area but it can also be the case that my knowing normally comes from head logic and since this excercise leaves my head out I misinterpret

Rgds,

Peter

Phil

Postby Phil » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:11 pm

Peter,

Okay good. When you say being one with, how are you one with the object of experience (feeling, sound, smell, ...)? Try to be even more specific. Take an example in your direct experience and look closer still. What makes you say is feels like being one with the experience? Dig deeper. Take your time and don't try to figure out the right answer yourself. Just put the question out there and wait for it to come.

Again very good work! Can you be more elaborate? Describe this more in detail? You are on the right track.
What is important is to make sure you see that you do not exist by first hand experience. And not that it is just an intellectual understanding. Intellectual understanding is where we start. And by the way, many people's "intellectual" understanding is actually a much deeper understanding than they are prepared to recognize.

So you tell me, do you understand intellectually that you do not exist and are not the doer or is it a (self) realization, not based on rational thinking but on seeing, instandly and without at doubt? Let's be sure about this first before we decide what to tackle next.
Forget about other stuff you have done for now. let's not get lost in how you breath. Also let's not interpret anything, that' s guessing and that's not what we do here. Truth is not guessed, it is seen or not.

I am sorry to hear you are feeling a bit under the weather. This can or can not be related to the work you ar doing with me. Resistance always comes up and it can come in many forms. Be gentle with yourself and stay courages at the same time.

Do you feel comfortable to work with what I gave you?

Phil

Wijkpjvan

Postby Wijkpjvan » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:22 pm

Thanks Phil,

Let me sit and work on it. Thanks for all your input and help. Very much appriciated. Will revert asap

Thanks

Peter

Phil

Postby Phil » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:47 pm

You are very welcome Peter.

Phil

Return to “THE GATE”