Laughing Buddha

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Wijkpjvan

Laughing Buddha

Postby Wijkpjvan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:08 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
Understand most of this mentally but the experiences are few

What are you looking for at LU?
More stabile realization of this insight, not only the mental understanding. To live the illusion in a more relaxed way with more understanding and playful approach towards daily interaction and situations

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Guidance towards a more stabile realization of this insight, not only the mental understanding. To live the illusion in a more relaxed way with more understanding and playful approach towards daily interaction and situations

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Books, podcasts, videos, retreats, Ayahuasca

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Phil

Re: Laughing Buddha

Postby Phil » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:34 pm

Hello Wijkpjvan,

I would like to be your guide. If you feel the same, let me know and we can get started.

Regards,

Phil
Stop following the crowd. They're lost as fuck.

Wijkpjvan

Postby Wijkpjvan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your offer of guiding me. Happy to accept. How can we get this journey started.....we just did ;-) rgds. Peter

Phil

Postby Phil » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:36 pm

Okay Peter, here we go.

If you haven't already read the disclaimer, please read it now. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/disclaimer-2/

Also please read “Liberation Unleashed is not …” in the FAQ’s of LU. Here is the link.

http://liberationunleashed.com/about/faq/#faq-1041

Please learn to use the quote function. When replying to a question, please use the quote function to highlight the question being answered. Instructions are located in the link below:

http://liberationunleashed.com/nation/v ... ?f=4&t=660

Just let me know that you have read the disclaimer, the FAQ's and then we can get underway.

Talk soon,

Phil

Wijkpjvan

Postby Wijkpjvan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:55 pm

Hi Phil,

Read all the content that you reverted to. Ready when you are!

Rgds.
Peter

Phil

Postby Phil » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:43 pm

You are fast!

Here are some guidelines for you to bear in mind:

1. There is no one judging answers given, so please be 100% honest in your answers and inquiry.

2. This exploration is based on actual experience (AE) - smell, taste, sound, sensation, color and observed thoughts. Long-winded analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress. This is not a self-improvement process. There is no ‘self’ to improve.

3. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies, rituals, practices, books/reading and so on for the remainder of this investigation. We have some recommended books listed, but even those can be distracting right now. Do keep reading Gateless Gatecrashers and/or Liberation Unleashed for examples of how this guiding works. All you have to do is LOOK. Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily meditation practice, it is fine to continue that but is not necessary for this exploration.

To begin with, so that we both become aware of what your expectations are about this exploration. In your own words (not from actual experience, but just honest answers), could you please answer the 4 following questions:

How will life change?
How will you change?
What will be different?
What is missing?

Your answers to these questions and the answers given to the first 4 question will give me a good idea of where we are and where to go next.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Phil

Wijkpjvan

Postby Wijkpjvan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:55 pm

How will life change?
Life is changing all the time. It is what happens. The ritme of nature

How will you change?
Same if I see myself as an "I" and move in the same direction at the same pace without resistance

What will be different?
Nothing

What is missing?
Nothing

Phil

Postby Phil » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:26 pm

Peter,

On the first question in your first message you respond:
Understand most of this mentally but the experiences are few.
Can you elaborate on those experiences? What was it you experienced?

Phil

Wijkpjvan

Postby Wijkpjvan » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:34 pm

Hi Phil,

A few years ago I had an "ayahuasca" experience. Seeing everything was perfect as it was. It was the cosmic joke experience. I couldn't stop laughing and everything and every experience was connected and made sense. It was hilarious and so clear. Coming back to earth and normal every day life this feeling faded away, not the knowing.

Rgds
Peter

Phil

Postby Phil » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:21 pm

Okay Peter, thanks for the explanation. Interesting as that experience might have been, and I'm sure it was, I am not going to address it any further. It gave you a feeling and feelings are not what we are after. Feelings, like thoughts, come and go. We are after something more permanent.

You also speak of intellectually 'knowing', which has equally been very helpful to get you where you are today. Unfortunately thinking can only lead to assuming and believing, which is a thought, and thoughts come and go. In other words intellectually grapsing something does not equal true knowing. Knowing is seeing, first hand.

There is a big difference between knowing that there is nothing to give up and seeing that there is nothing to give up.
Here is an example to illustrate the difference:
If I ask you what colour socks you are wearing right now you have two ways to come up with an answer:
• You can have a think about it, you can think back to this morning and try to remember putting your socks on, and you can probably tell me what colour you think they are.
• Alternatively, you can take a quick look at your socks and tell me what colour they actually are!
Hopefully you would agree that you can only be 100% certain by looking.

For the purpose of our dialogue together, it is going to be very important that you are clear about this difference. Knowing is about knowledge which is all in the mind and we are not interested in that. We are only interested in looking at and seeing what is actually going on in your present moment to moment experience. We are only interested in your direct experience in the moment.

Please let me know if you are clear about this or if you would like any further clarification.

Phil

Phil

Postby Phil » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:40 pm

Hello Peter,

Are you okay? Taking a break or do you wish to stop altogether? There's no rush and I am a bit in the dark about where you are at.

If you want to stop are change guides, that's no problem. Just tell me what's happening in your world.

Cheers,

Phil

Wijkpjvan

Postby Wijkpjvan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:04 pm

Hi Phil,

Thanks for you message. I missed the one before and just took note of it. Totally agree with you that the experience was temporary and your explanation and example is clear.

You are right about my knowing....it is a mind thing still and in the way of seeing, first hand. This is where I'm stuck right now

I really appreciate your guiding and would love to continue

Thanks

Peter

Phil

Postby Phil » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:58 am

Hello Peter,

You are welcome. Sorry for my late reply this time. Been out and about alot.

Let's take a closer look at direct experience. Here's what I want you to do.

Sit quietly and relax, take your time just looking at what is in front of you for awhile. Observe how the mind is dividing and labelling every thing into objects and is embellishing them with stories about what they are.

Sitting in a room, curtains closed, you wonder what the weather is like outside. You can think about it, look it up on the internet, watch the forecast on TV, call your mother and ask her - or you can simply open the curtains and have a look.

Give it some time. Then, stop watching the objects as labelled objects. Just look at the seeing itself. Observe the pure process of seeing. This is direct experience (DE). Let me know how this goes.

If this exercise feels good, you can tackle the next one. This is an exercise that I would like you to try as many times throughout the day as you can. Label daily activities simply colour/image, sound, smell, taste, sensation, thought.
So for example, when having breakfast, become aware of:

Seeing a cup, simply= image/colour
Smelling coffee, simply = smell
Feeling the warmth of the coffee cup, simply = sensation Tasting the coffee, simply = taste
Hearing the spoon stirring the coffee, simply = sound Thought about drinking the coffee, simply = thought

Just break down daily activities into these categories (which are all actual/direct experience) and report back how you go.

Have a great weekend my friend!

Philip

Wijkpjvan

Postby Wijkpjvan » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:35 pm

Thanks Phillip,

I will start practicing this right away and revert to you by the end of next week.

Enjoy your weekend

Rgds.
Peter

Wijkpjvan

Postby Wijkpjvan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:05 pm

Hi Phil,

Did the exercises and they worked quite well. Experienced a stillness and feeling that I was part of/one with the object observed or better that there was no distance between me and the object. Is this what you expected me to experience?

Rgds,

Peter

Return to “THE GATE”