High intellect meets high intuition

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Vivien

Re: High intellect meets high intuition

Postby Vivien » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:58 am

Hi Jim,
Will get back to you soon. In case it’s worth mentioning, investigation of thoughts happens automatically at random moments during the day. I catch myself asking, where does this thought come from? Who is thinking? Etc.
That's great! I'm looking forward to your replies.

Have a nice day,
Vivien
"In the seen, there is only the seen. In the heard, there is only the heard. In the sensed, there is only the sensed. You are located neither in this, nor in that, nor in any place between the two." - Buddha
http://fadingveiling.com/

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:08 am

Hi Jim,

How things are going? Are you still with me?

Vivien
"In the seen, there is only the seen. In the heard, there is only the heard. In the sensed, there is only the sensed. You are located neither in this, nor in that, nor in any place between the two." - Buddha

Ready2end

Postby Ready2end » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:05 am

How things are going? Are you still with me?
Hi Vivien,

Yes I’m still here. I’m doing ok given everything. Just doing what I can and letting the process take over. Practiced looking a couple times today for about 15 min each. In fact, feeling some momentum to practice some more. I’ll write more tomorrow.

Jim

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:34 am

Hi Jim,
Yes I’m still here. I’m doing ok given everything. Just doing what I can and letting the process take over. Practiced looking a couple times today for about 15 min each. In fact, feeling some momentum to practice some more. I’ll write more tomorrow.
I posted my questions 4 days ago. I understand that you have a busy life, but it’s important to reply every day as I stated in my first post. It is important to create a proper momentum in order to successfully carry out this investigation. What's needed is focus and intensity. The only way to enable these is to strive to post at least once a day.

Can you and are you willing to post and reply every day?

Vivien

Ready2end

Postby Ready2end » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:54 am

I posted my questions 4 days ago. I understand that you have a busy life, but it’s important to reply every day as I stated in my first post. It is important to create a proper momentum in order to successfully carry out this investigation. What's needed is focus and intensity. The only way to enable these is to strive to post at least once a day.

Can you and are you willing to post and reply every day?

It doesn’t seem like I have a choice in the matter. No matter what is chosen...I can only do what I can do. And apparently that’s nothing besides what is already happening.

Things are hectic. I could go on about all of my problems happening now, but the only thing important about them is that they leave me drained. I’ve really overextended myself this time. I get rattled and tense and etc. Which leaves little space for open investigation. My cup is too full until I let things calm down again.

I get it’s all in my head. I get you’re trying to assist me too see past it, and that momentum is needed for that to happen. Moreover, I get that these exercises are about the looking and not the processing.

I’ve tried to keep you in the loop about what’s happening on my end. I explained over the weekend that there was a lot going on, and that I’ll be in touch soon. I should’ve been more specific there bc what I mean by ‘soon’ was- it would be a couple of days or more before I get back with you. You did say take your time.

I was planning to write to you last night when I received your email in the afternoon. And when I did write, I mentioned the times I spent practicing the exercises during the day and how I was continuing them that night. So practicing is happening.

You asked a lot of questions four days ago. I’m glad you did. I like the challenge. But I still don’t feel like I’ve explored them all. I just started on them yesterday. These things have to happen naturally. I can’t / won’t force myself to do this.

Based on your feedback prior to today, it seems like I’ve done a good job of looking and being honest. None of that would’ve happened unless it felt natural on the inside to proceed.

If all of this is a deal breaker, so be it. It’s outta my hands. A genuine thank you for getting me to focus on the looking. It changed things. Just not sure how to describe. You can count I’ll be continuing the process one way or another.

If it isn’t, then I’ll be glad to continue and will try to be more clear in my communication. Apologies for failing earlier.

Jim

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:44 am

Hi Jim,
If all of this is a deal breaker, so be it. It’s outta my hands. A genuine thank you for getting me to focus on the looking. It changed things. Just not sure how to describe. You can count I’ll be continuing the process one way or another.
If it isn’t, then I’ll be glad to continue and will try to be more clear in my communication. Apologies for failing earlier.
It’s not uncommon at all that clients stop posting without communicating that they don’t want to continue with the investigation. Therefore, if clients don’t reply in 3 days, there is a chance that they might have changed their minds without letting me know.

I am happy to continue with you. I registered what you wrote that you although not posting you are still looking. But you might not go in the right direction alone. Posting daily is for your benefit. If the gaps between post are frequently several days than it can hinder the process significantly.

What do you think how frequently you will be able to post?

Ready2end

Postby Ready2end » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:50 pm

So then let’s have a deeper look on thoughts. Sit for about 15 minutes or longer and look similarly as you looked for the gaps between thoughts. Look for the ‘answer’ BEFORE thought interpretation kicks in.
Practiced looking several times yesterday for about 15min each and again this morning. Recorded the questions onto my phone’s voice recorder so I could listen while searching.
Where do thoughts come from?
I don’t know. It seems like they stream from a source. I can’t find it though. Imagine sensory experiences and current and past experiences aide in the formation of thoughts.
Where are they going?
I don’t know. They come and go as they please in and out of existence/awareness.
Can ‘you’ stop a thought in the middle?
This is a tricky one. Thoughts often come layered in multiple streams. IF I tell myself to stop a thought midstream, it works on that thought. But most of the time, they just stream through the mind uninterrupted.
Can ‘you’ predict what will be the next thought?
I cannot predict what the next thought will be. I can only become aware of a thought as it passes through awareness. No preview available.
Can 'you' choose not to have painful or negative thoughts?
Another tricky one. Generally speaking, no I cannot. There are times when when I rather not think about something…or deal with something. So I avoid it via distracting myself with other things. In that sense yes I can.
Can an 'I' be found that generates thoughts?
This depends upon how you define ‘I’. In the context of me being a living entity that eats, drinks, and sleeps in this body..then I generate thoughts much like I generate waste. It happens automatically. But I can’t find a source for the generator of thoughts other than say it’s much like how outside stimuli helps generate waste that the body produces. So goes with the mind and myself.
“I think” - What is 'I'? What is the one that thinks?
I don’t know. This is similar to the question about finding an ‘I’ that generates thoughts. I looked for an ‘I’ that thinks. I could only find a feeling of a ‘me’ that thinks. What is ‘me’ then? Which goes back to how do you define ‘I’.
What is the thinker of thoughts? – don’t think, rather look for a ‘thinker’
I am unable to find a thinker other than say thinking happens in this body vessel that we conveniently label as ‘I’ or ‘me.’
Does the thinker of the thought appear in experience? Can it be found?
This is like a hand trying to clap itself or an eye trying to see itself. Thoughts are real. They happen inside this body. A thinking ‘me’ cannot find my own source. So I look for a looker who’e looking for a thinker. Yeah it gets convoluted from there.

It’s worth mentioning that during the searching, I experienced quick flashes of something I don’t know how to describe. They would happened after a realization / aha understanding of wait, who is really here looking? The flashes have only happened a handful of times. And in spite of their quickness, there is no mistake of its intensity. Almost feels dangerous. Too real to be true.
Or could it be that the 'I' that thinks is also just a thought?
Yes I agree it could just be a thought. A label given to the experience of being.
Do you think thoughts or you are just ‘being thought’?
I don’t know. Can thoughts exists without a doer? If I’m being thought, who’s thinking through me?
Is it possible to prevent a thought from appearing? Including the thought 'I'?
Again, generally speaking I cannot prevent any given thought from appearing. There are situations where I can prevent specific thoughts from appearing. Like when climbing a very tall ladder, I tell myself not to look down to prevent thoughts of panic from arising.
Try to answer them only from direct experience, and leave aside all intellectual interpretation or understanding. Please, DON’T THINK about the answers, rather LOOK at what is before thoughts. Take your time.
I did search for answers before thinking about them. Each time I searched/looked, no answers would appear. Always blank/emptiness. There is feeling of a searcher expecting a response and was met with silence instead.

Ready2end

Postby Ready2end » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:12 pm

I am happy to continue with you. 
Yay! I appreciate your willingness to continue. I like your style of questioning an ability to stay on point.

But you might not go in the right direction alone. Posting daily is for your benefit. If the gaps between post are frequently several days than it can hinder the process significantly. 

What do you think how frequently you will be able to post?
I can try and be more frequent and upfront with you. I’m being as honest as possible when I say I don’t know how to give a set interval because things are always changing. Currently, with the pending move and relationship issues, the next week or so will be more hectic than usual.

I have difficulty doing the exercises while having to deal with everyday life. The noise and distractions keep selfhood in place. I do better when I allow myself space and openness away from these things. And after completing the exercises, it takes me a long time to write responses. I have to collect thoughts and make them coherent. (for example, I began writing this and the previous post several hours ago.)

Part of me is afraid to admit the following to you for fear of appearing like I don’t care enough to do this, but you should know that the motivation level to LOOK rises and falls. At this moment, it is lower after all of this attention being placed on the frequency of posting. Like there’s a child inside me that doesn’t like the pressure being placed There’s also the adult inside that understands what you mean when you say it’s for my own benefit. There are other times when the resistance is very high for other reasons, and I have to put searching aside until it calms down.

I hope you understand that I don’t get to control the process. Maybe I have too many mental blocks that have to be worked out before continuing the process? I thought I was ready…maybe I’m not.

It’s worth mentioning that about a month ago, I surrendered to life. I follow the silent voice inside. It gives the green or red light on how/when to do things. I still get stressed and feel overwhelmed obviously. No matter what though, I continue placing faith in life. So I accept whatever the situation is as best I can and move on. And that’s my approach to everything, including LU, until things become clearer.

If you feel it's better to take a break, I'd understand. You seem to be good at what you do. I do not wish to make you feel as if your efforts are being wasted on me. Upfront honesty is what I promised.

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:08 am

Hi Jim,
Upfront honesty is what I promised.
Thank you, I really appreciate your honesty.
Maybe I have too many mental blocks that have to be worked out before continuing the process? I thought I was ready…maybe I’m not.
I don’t know what is going on in your life (and I don’t have to know that), but if you feel that you are in a position that you cannot allocate enough time and post regularly (daily, or occasionally every other day) then maybe it would be better if you postpone this inquire until you have more time.

This investigation can be demanding (in terms of time and effort). I have a tendency to bombard clients with lots of questions, not leaving any beliefs or assumption unturned. This kind of intensity is very useful to see through the illusion.

So you have two options. Either we stop now, and we leave this thread open for you so we can continue later when your life circumstances have settled. Or we continue, but then you have to give this inquiry a priority (both with time and effort). But if you cannot do that now, then probably it would be better to wait until you can.
Part of me is afraid to admit the following to you for fear of appearing like I don’t care enough to do this, but you should know that the motivation level to LOOK rises and falls. At this moment, it is lower after all of this attention being placed on the frequency of posting. Like there’s a child inside me that doesn’t like the pressure being placed There’s also the adult inside that understands what you mean when you say it’s for my own benefit.
With motivation I cannot help you. You have to find your ways around this resistance and be totally committed to this inquiry. The commitment is essential for succeeding.

Vivien

Ready2end

Postby Ready2end » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:27 pm

So you have two options. Either we stop now, and we leave this thread open for you so we can continue later when your life circumstances have settled. Or we continue, but then you have to give this inquiry a priority (both with time and effort).
Let’s continue when things settle down and there are fewer distractions. It’s easier to picture completing this when I have more free time to commit.

I’m glad we started the process. And appreciate your flexibility in working with me.
The commitment is essential for succeeding.
Curious, are you saying we can choose our level of commitment? Or is it just there or not there and nothing we can do about it?

Jim

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:58 am

Hi Jim,
Let’s continue when things settle down and there are fewer distractions. It’s easier to picture completing this when I have more free time to commit.
All right. This thread will be open for you. When you feel ready, just post here, and we will continue.
Curious, are you saying we can choose our level of commitment? Or is it just there or not there and nothing we can do about it?
:) These questions are coming from intellectual understanding and making conclusions based on that. As long as the self hasn’t seen through choice feels very real, so there is no point pretending that there is nothing I could do, while it feels that there is a me who could do things. And even after seeing through the self, this seeming chooser and the act of choosing won’t go away, it’s just been seen upon looking that there is nothing there.

Vivien

Ready2end

Postby Ready2end » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:38 am

All right. This thread will be open for you. When you feel ready, just post here, and we will continue.
Hi Vivien, beginning tomorrow I will have the next 7-9 days completely free to commit to this process. Please let me know if you will be available then. I’ve been looking forward to this time alone and start the process again.

Hope all is well there,
Jim

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:07 am

Hi Jim,
beginning tomorrow I will have the next 7-9 days completely free to commit to this process. Please let me know if you will be available then. I’ve been looking forward to this time alone and start the process again.
It’s good if you will have 7-9 weeks to look, but this amount of time won’t be enough. It usually takes several weeks or sometimes even a few months to see through the self.

After that 7-9 day, will you be still able to look and do exercises daily?
It’s essential to look every single day, as often as you can.

Vivien

Ready2end

Postby Ready2end » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:36 pm

After that 7-9 day, will you be still able to look and do exercises daily?
It’s essential to look every single day, as often as you can.
So after this solitary time, I’ll have to take a small break and go part-time for several days while taking care of things. Then I return home and can resume full-time. So overall yes I can commit.
Today I’ll be going over our first messages to get back into the investigating mindset, and will continue everyday. I have the LU Enlightening Quotes to help too.

James

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:01 am

Hi Jim,

Should I call you Jim or James?
I have the LU Enlightening Quotes to help too.
Since you have such limited amount of time, I would like to ask you to focus only the questions I give directly to you. The more time and effort you put in, the easier it gets to see through the self. All right?

So please redo the first exercise on how to look at AE, and please post me here your list with the corresponding labels for one period of doing the exercise.

Vivien

Return to “THE GATE”