High intellect meets high intuition

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Ready2end

Re: High intellect meets high intuition

Postby Ready2end » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:10 am

Hi Vivien,

Thought of a spoon = imagination of the spoon, right?
Right.

We are looking for a real, tangible, verifiable self.

Where is it?
I don’t know where I’m located. The urge to say I’m located within my body is here. When I look for something tangible, I do not find anything.

Jim

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:56 am

Hi Jim,
I don’t know where I’m located. The urge to say I’m located within my body is here. When I look for something tangible, I do not find anything.

We normally believe that we are inside of this body, and looking out of the eyes, and observing the world out there.
So we are here inside the body and the world is out there (outside the body).

Right? Is this how you feel yourself to be? Looking out through the eyes, observing the world out there?

Please look at the display before you.

Now, could you tell me where you are looking at it FROM?
Find the EXACT spot where seeing is happening from.

WHAT is there? Is there a ‘me’ in that direction? What do you find there?

Vivien
"In the seen, there is only the seen. In the heard, there is only the heard. In the sensed, there is only the sensed. You are located neither in this, nor in that, nor in any place between the two." - Buddha
http://fadingveiling.com/

Ready2end

Postby Ready2end » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:08 am

Hi Vivien,

Right? Is this how you feel yourself to be? Looking out through the eyes, observing the world out there?
Right, I feel the sense of separation between inner world and outer world. That there are things that happen to me. It is summer. The heat of the sun touches my skin causing an inner ‘me’ to feel affected by it.
Now, could you tell me where you are looking at it FROM?
Find the EXACT spot where seeing is happening from.
I tried looking for a spot. Still haven’t found one. Would like to continue for another day. Until I can say there is nowhere else to look.

Jim

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:29 am

Hi Jim,

I tried looking for a spot. Still haven’t found one. Would like to continue for another day. Until I can say there is nowhere else to look.
Yes, please do so. Let me know what you find.

Vivien
"In the seen, there is only the seen. In the heard, there is only the heard. In the sensed, there is only the sensed. You are located neither in this, nor in that, nor in any place between the two." - Buddha

Ready2end

Postby Ready2end » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:40 pm

Hi Vivien,

Sorry for the delayed response. I injured my arm and have been sidetracked trying to deal with it.

Yes, please do so. Let me know what you find.
When I look at a screen, and try to pinpoint where I am, nothing happens at first. I can't find a specific spot where seeing is taking place. There is just seeing via the eyes in front. Then thoughts come in saying I am here in this body.

Maybe I haven't looked enough. Still wondering why can't "I/me" be what this body and everything contained therein? Why does it have to be a specific point? There is pain in my arm where the tendons meet the elbow. This pain is happening to "me" right? Or is it just pain happening. But nobody else is feeling it other than this receptacle.

Jim

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Thu Sep 12, 2019 4:30 am

Hi Jim,
I injured my arm and have been sidetracked trying to deal with it.
I hope it’s not too serious.
Then thoughts come in saying I am here in this body.
Maybe I haven't looked enough. Still wondering why can't "I/me" be what this body and everything contained therein? Why does it have to be a specific point? There is pain in my arm where the tendons meet the elbow. This pain is happening to "me" right?
Jim, with this thinking you are not helping yourself at all. Actually, you are undermining the looking.

It seems to me (but please correct me if I’m wrong) that you don’t accept even on intellectual level that the self is an illusion. As if you are not really want to see it. As if what you really want is to keep believing that there is a self at the center of experience.

Please sit down, and really contemplate that what is it that you really want from this investigation?
What do you want to achieve?

Vivien

Ready2end

Postby Ready2end » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:28 am

Hi Vivien,

I’ll have to get back with you this weekend.
The arm is not gravely serious, but it seems like the tendons will take some time to heal.

Jim

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:30 am

Hi Jim,

All right. Take care of your arm.

Have a nice day,
Vivien

Ready2end

Postby Ready2end » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:58 am

Hi Vivien,
All right. Take care of your arm.
Thank you! For now, things have stabilized.
Please sit down, and really contemplate that what is it that you really want from this investigation?
I wanted to see if I could see past the 'I/me' I am always taking myself to be. To know, 'am I?' or, 'am I not?'
What do you want to achieve?
A certainty. A groundedness. If I am, then who is the real 'me'? And if I am not, what am 'I' then?

Obviously I am something. I exist. I am half of the dialogue between us.
But the obviousness starts to fray as I try to pinpoint who I am.
Something which you have been trying to get me to look for myself.
Thing is, I keep failing without intention. We've been at this investigation for several months, and it's stalled again with my last response.

I feel like perhaps I'm not compatible or ready to proceed.
If it hadn't been for your persistent efforts to get me to look at what you were pointing to, I wouldn't have lasted this long.
Seeing your good intentions motivated to stick around and try.
But we keep circling back to the same impasse.
And I've run out things to do / try differently.
I feel like I'd be better off going back at it alone and following my intuition and life's synchronicities.

Not sure if it matters explaining all of this, given how little thoughts count for on this forum. :p
Kidding aside, I do feel this is as far as I can go with this method of investigation.
Thank you so much for trying. :) Some of what you pointed to did hit the spot.
I'm glad I tried and did what I could. Now I know and won't have to wonder what if.

Much appreciation,
Jim

Vivien

Postby Vivien » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:58 pm

Hi Jim,

Thank you for you honesty. I'm glad you've tried it too, and who knows, maybe this process has planted some seeds which will sprout later.

I wish you all the best,
Vivien

Ready2end

Postby Ready2end » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:48 pm

Hi Vivien,
and who knows, maybe this process has planted some seeds which will sprout later.
I do hope so. I'll be sure to let you know if they do.

Thank you,
Jim

Return to “THE GATE”