What Am I?

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
pear

Re: What Am I?

Postby pear » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:42 am

How will you change?
what comes up now you won't change either. My perception changes you exist.

earlier at work i had an experience with the medical director. after the meeting in her office she emailed me about a problem i was trying to solve and said " you make things harder or don't make things harder"...there was a tiny tiny barely noticeable though of I am wrong..there seem to be a choice presented but i sense or what comes up for me there was not a choice but i notice the thought evaporated and i respond , oh i remember now i responded defensively and she shot back am equally defensive thought and recognized.. and responded light heartedly . A thought came up while driving home as i was thinkingabout the questions. I would not take things personally and would not respond to life defensively. I would trust the flow of life without thinking a person was doing something wrong.

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:56 am

Pear, I need you to answer all the questions in ONE post please. I won't respond until all questions have been answered and I prefer them in ONE post.

Many thanks
Kay
Nothing real can be threatened. Nothing unreal exists.
https://freedomalreadyis.com/

pear

Postby pear » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:26 am

What will be different?
What comes up now is Freedom from the heavyness of a perception of defending, protecting, needing to be right and competeing with others. there may be realization and clear understanding there are no others
What is missing?
Oneness with GOD . another thought came up PERFECTION. is that what i want..wow that thought was surprising. I thought we were already perfect..i am a bit confused. I knew there was a thought of wanting perfection and i thought i had let that go . As long as i believe there is a separate self. i will be striving for perfection? \

So sorry Kay would like for me to gather all the quotes and put them all together?

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:32 am

Hi Pear,

Thank you for learning how to use the quote function. It makes it easier to read the posts.

The purpose of the questions were for you and I to become aware of any expectations you may have of what having the realisation may look like or feel like. Expectations have a habit of getting in the way of the exploration and even blind siding the fact that the realisation has happened. There is nothing to be done with expectations other than to be aware of them and any others that appear as we move through this exploration. When desired outcomes to expectations are not met, fear, anger, resistance, resentment, apathy, frustration etc can arise. Also note that these emotions will arise during our exploration as well. When they do, please let me know so that we can look at them together.
How will life change?
This is what came up now....Life doesn't change my perception changes.
Yes, perception on who you think you are and what life is, is what changes.
How will you change?
what comes up now you won't change either. My perception changes you exist.

A thought came up while driving home as i was thinking about the questions. I would not take things personally and would not respond to life defensively. I would trust the flow of life without thinking a person was doing something wrong.
There is no ‘you’ who is thinking thoughts. Thoughts simply appear without an author. The idea of a ‘me’ taking things personally…is just that…an idea/thought. This will become clearer as we explore.
What will be different?
What comes up now is Freedom from the heavyness of a perception of defending, protecting, needing to be right and competeing with others. there may be realization and clear understanding there are no others
Perception changes, whether or not behaviour changes is not a given. What exactly is it that wants behaviour to change?

This exploration is just a beginning and not an ending. There will still be beliefs and patterns that are rooted in the idea of being a separate self that will need clearing as not everything gets rewritten in one big hit. The core belief of being a separate self is seen through though; and like a rug that is beginning to unravel, there are still many knots that need undoing. Continuing to LOOK after the realisation is very much the key.
What is missing?
Oneness with GOD . another thought came up PERFECTION. is that what i want..wow that thought was surprising. I thought we were already perfect..i am a bit confused. I knew there was a thought of wanting perfection and i thought i had let that go . As long as i believe there is a separate self. i will be striving for perfection? \
There is no separation in any shape or form. The idea of there being a God and you = separation. God is a concept, just as is Buddha, Jesus, Mohammed etc…they are symbols only, that point to what IS. Perfection already IS…in that there is no such thing as perfection or imperfection, they are concepts based on thoughts of duality. There has NEVER ever been a separate self who is perfect or imperfect. Wanting to be perfect is based on the idea of behaviour, based on religious principles. Religious and spiritual concepts have no place in realising there is no separate self. So please put aside everything you think you know that has been learned via ACIM and other spiritual philosophies.

Please read the following very carefully.

As stated in my first post, my role is to directly point to what IS, through the use of exercises and questions. Your role is to LOOK carefully to what is being pointed at. It is this simple LOOKING (not thinking) that brings the realisation that there is no separate self and never has been.

So now we become aware of actual experience (AE) and what LOOKING is.
‘Looking’ is just plain looking at actual/direct experience (AE), which is simply colour, sound, smell, sensation, taste and the simple knowing of thought at face value that is appearing right now in the moment.

You are looking at the raw experience of colour, sound, smell, sensation and taste and noticing the labels and thoughts ABOUT the raw experience. The key to this exploration is the careful LOOKING. Why? Because it’s the act of actually LOOKING and not finding an “I” that brings about the realisation of there being no separate self and that there has never been a separate self.

So first we become aware of what AE is and how it is used to ‘look’.

I would like you to sit quietly and close your eyes and just listen to the sounds for a few minutes that can be heard both inside and outside of the room. Really hear them.

Tell me ONE sound that you heard when doing this? (Make sure it is a sound that you will be able to hear again for part 2 of this exercise).

Kay

pear

Postby pear » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:20 pm

Tell me ONE sound that you heard when doing this? (Make sure it is a sound that you will be able to hear again for part 2 of this exercise).
I hear the sound of birds chirping. Thought come up about what sound to choose. One that i would hear again. I don't know if i will hear any sound again .

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:40 am

I hear the sound of birds chirping. Thought come up about what sound to choose. One that i would hear again. I don't know if i will hear any sound again .
Great! Now redo Part I of the exercise, and then look carefully at what I am pointing to with the following questions. Please answer from looking at actual experience only (ie colour, sound, thought, smell, taste or sensation), and not with an intellectual answer.

Please repeat the exercise and tell me:-
Without thought, how is it known that the sound heard was 'birds chirping'? In other words, what is it that suggests the sound was 'birds chirping'?

What is the actual experience (AE) of hearing ‘birds chirping'?

Kay

pear

Postby pear » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:18 am

Without thought, how is it known that the sound heard was 'birds chirping'? In other words, what is it that suggests the sound was 'birds chirping'?
Without thought it would not be known that the sound was birds chirping ...there is nothing comes up without thought...thought it suggest and labels
without thoughts/ ideas labels is there an actual experience experience of hearing anything? I thought it would be just a sound but sound is a idea/thought...i don't know ..there is no actual experience of hearing birds chirping

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:41 am

Hello Pear,
Without thought it would not be known that the sound was birds chirping ...there is nothing comes up without thought...thought it suggest and labels
Thought points to/suggest/infers the sound is something labelled as ‘birds chirping’? Without thought all there is, is the actual experience of sound.
without thoughts/ ideas labels is there an actual experience experience of hearing anything? I thought it would be just a sound but sound is a idea/thought...i don't know ..there is no actual experience of hearing birds chirping
Actual experience, which is sound, sensation, taste, colour, smell and thought are known. Are you not aware of sound, sensation, taste, colour, smell and the face value of thought?

The actual experience is sound. Thought overlays sound with the idea that it is something called ‘bird chirping’.
Can you see this?

Kay

pear

Postby pear » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:58 pm

The actual experience is sound. Thought overlays sound with the idea that it is something called ‘bird chirping’.
Can you see this?
Yes. I do now!!!"Actual experience, which is sound, sensation, taste, cooler, still and thought are known".

The first time I answered part one I noticed I wanted to have the right answer. So, I decided to do part one again later. The second time I was in another place and was relaxed and I heard traffic.. so I answered the question, " I hear traffic, who says it traffic? it is just sound". And i busted out in laughter because I had the realization that thought said it was traffic.

when I read your questions I did the birds chirping and again i answered spontaneous but then i began thinking wanting to have the right answer so i thinking i wasn't hearing anything thing...lol lol lol

sorry kay this is so very helpful to be totally honest,. Thank you Thank you! I am noticing my thoughts "big time"/ "real time"

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:29 am

Hi Pear,

Loved reading your post! Thank you for your openness is sharing! No matter if you are not seeing what I am pointing at straight away, I will keep pointing until you do…so it is important to answer what's true for you rather than any sort of 'ideal' answer.
Can you see this?
Yes. I do now!!!"Actual experience, which is sound, sensation, taste, cooler, still and thought are known".
Lovely! Actual experience is everything, except the CONTENT of thought, because thought, in and of itself does not contain any experience. If it did, when the thought ‘water’ appeared it would be wet. When the thought ‘sweet’ appeared you would be able to taste it and when the thought ‘fish’ appeared, there would be an actual fish in it!
The first time I answered part one I noticed I wanted to have the right answer. So, I decided to do part one again later. The second time I was in another place and was relaxed and I heard traffic.. so I answered the question, " I hear traffic, who says it traffic? it is just sound". And i busted out in laughter because I had the realization that thought said it was traffic.
Fantastic!
when I read your questions I did the birds chirping and again i answered spontaneous but then i began thinking wanting to have the right answer so i thinking i wasn't hearing anything thing...lol lol lol
Yes, thought will suggest/infer many things, that is why it is best to check it with actual experience. We will look at the nature of thought shortly.
sorry kay this is so very helpful to be totally honest,. Thank you Thank you! I am noticing my thoughts "big time"/ "real time"
This is great to hear….keep it up!

The interpretation of actual experience happens quickly. So while inquiring, labelling and interpretation will always appear, but it is possible to become aware of the thoughts that appear with,and overlay actual experience. Another key component of this exploration is being able to tell the difference between actual experience and the interpretation by thought of actual experience

The following exercise points to what I mean.

For this exercise you will need an apple or any other piece of fruit will do.

Have a look at an apple. When ‘looking at an apple’, there's colour; a thought saying ‘apple’; and maybe a thought saying, "I'm looking at an apple."
What is known for sure? Colour is known and thoughts are known.

What about the content of thoughts, what they describe?
Actual experience does not refer to thoughts ABOUT something…because that is only just more thought. Actual experience is sound, thought, colour, smell, taste, sensation.

Is there really an ‘apple’ here, or only colour and a thought ABOUT ‘apple’?
Can ‘apple’ be found in actual experience?

While these thoughts are known, what they talk ABOUT can't be found in actual experience.

This is what is meant by ‘looking in actual experience ‘. What you know for sure, and, is always here.

The label ‘apple’ is known
Taste labelled ‘apple’ is known
Colour labelled ‘apple’ is known
Sensation labelled ‘apple’ is known (when apple is touched)
Smell labelled ‘apple’ is known
Thought about/of an ‘apple’ is known
However, is an apple actually known?

Kay

pear

Postby pear » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:19 pm

There is only a color and a thought about an apple. No the concept/idea of an apple is not an actual experience..one cannot experience a concept apple.
what says it is an Apple? thought says it is an apple. No there is no real apple, just the label is known.

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:04 am

Hello Pear,
There is only a color and a thought about an apple. No the concept/idea of an apple is not an actual experience..one cannot experience a concept apple.
Lovely! However, there is no one/no thing that is experiencing experience. That points to separation…a subject/object split.
what says it is an Apple? thought says it is an apple. No there is no real apple, just the label is known.
Yes, an apple is not known. The label/thoughts about an apple are known...but an apple is not known.

Here's an exercise that I would like you to try as many times throughout the day as you can. Label daily activities, objects and emotions simply colour/image, sound, smell, taste, sensation, thought.

So for example, when having breakfast, become aware of:

Seeing a cup, simply= image/colour
Smelling coffee, simply = smell,
Feeling the warmth of the coffee cup, simply = sensation.
Tasting the coffee, simply = taste
Hearing the spoon stirring the coffee, simply = sound
Thought about drinking the coffee, simply = thought.

Just break down daily activities into these categories (which are all actual experience) and report back how you go, giving some examples please.

Kay

pear

Postby pear » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:20 am

Just break down daily activities into these categories (which are all actual experience) and report back how you go, giving some examples please.
Seeing a red apple,, biting an apple,, tasting an apple,,hearing crunch,,,chewing thought - i am eating and it's good and sweet.
Seeing a cup ,,swallowing liquid..feeling the coolness of the liquid going down the throat
looking at mirror,, thought i am looking at a person brushing teeth
seeing a hand seeing a hand holding a pen.. writing in a book/jorunal
hearing the typing..typing on a object thought..
brushing teeth ,,feeling the vibration hearing ..the water,,tasting the tooth paste
seeing the mirror, seeing a person, seeing eyes seeing face seeing lips thought who is that? thought of what am I?
blowing out candles...smelling the sense...thought... smell is irritating
seeing the road..feeling the road.. seeing trees..feeling the vibration of the road and the car
thought i am not getting this. when driving and the mirror I or someone was looking I couldn't identify who was seeing ..only at brief moments At times I felt ...can't describe it yet.

forgetmenot

Postby forgetmenot » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:34 am

Hello Pear,

Your examples are not very clear as you have not really stipulated what you are breaking things down into. For example driving...what is the AE of 'feeling the road"? What is the AE of 'seeing trees'?

If you are not clear about what AE is...please let me know so we can keep working at it. It is important that AE is clear, otherwise we can't move on.

So please break down activities and write them up like the example I gave you.

Seeing a cup, simply= image/colour
Smelling coffee, simply = smell,
Feeling the warmth of the coffee cup, simply = sensation.
Tasting the coffee, simply = taste
Hearing the spoon stirring the coffee, simply = sound
Thought about drinking the coffee, simply = thought.

Kay

pear

Postby pear » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:47 am

If you are not clear about what AE is...please let me know so we can keep working at it. It is important that AE is clear, otherwise we can't move on.
I am not sure what the AE is. Let's keep working on it please. I will understand thanks.

Return to “THE GATE”