Still caught up in self

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
JonathanR

Re: Still caught up in self

Postby JonathanR » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:03 pm

Hi Oberon
. I wouldn't actually say that it's any kind of anxiety about this inquiry, rather that it was already there and the inquiry has brought it to the surface. It feels like a protection of a sensitive inner aspect that has not been able to express itself for fear of others' reactions
Thank you. This is an important thing that you're seeing and you already identify it as a protective response.

It usually helps at this stage to give this some attention and, though it may sound a little strange at first, actually thank that loyal, protective impulse.

In fact there never was a self that could be hurt or destroyed. Nobody will be harmed at all. You could even 'talk' to the protective aspect and explain that it's safe to relax now?

All the best

Jon

ob3ron

Postby ob3ron » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:26 pm

I have gently approached and thanked the protective impulse. That has helped somewhat. It still feels like there is something more there that remains to be seen, and it has not yet shown itself. I don't know what it is that is being held on to so tightly.

JonathanR

Postby JonathanR » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:55 am

Hello Oberon
. I have gently approached and thanked the protective impulse. That has helped somewhat. It still feels like there is something more there that remains to be seen, and it has not yet shown itself. I don't know what it is that is being held on to so tightly.
OK. Well, given how you phrased it earlier on..
. I wouldn't actually say that it's any kind of anxiety about this inquiry, rather that it was already there and the inquiry has brought it to the surface. It feels like a protection of a sensitive inner aspect that has not been able to express itself for fear of others' reactions.
It might be worth listening to or talking with the sensitive inner aspect. Possibly ask it if it is happy and then wait to see what might Emerge. And then thank it very much for whatever feeling or thought that is.

All best

Jon

Return to “THE GATE”