Realizing Truth

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
Ilona
Site Admin

Re: Realizing Truth

Postby Ilona » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:51 pm

Thank you for honesty. Let’s start again. What are you looking for? What are you hoping for? What is incomplete?

Love

Nicodemus

Postby Nicodemus » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:10 pm

Sorry. :/

I think what i look for in life is simply happiness. Though not just it, apparently, as i wouldn't like to be happy and at the same time be someone who i wouldn't admire or who i wouldn't find a great person.
I think i look for not only happiness, but several specific means to achieve it as well.

The above is my primary motivation in all i do, i suppose.
But I'm here open to see reality as it is just for the sake of it, though not particularly attached to this goal.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:28 am

Thank you for reply. What does it mean to be happy to you? How does it look?

You know, there is no happy ever after.. there is only here now. Happiness is a by product of being at ease and at peace in your own being.

Love

Nicodemus

Postby Nicodemus » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:09 pm

Happiness... i see it as being satisfied with everything, blissful as well, perhaps.

I tend to disagree with the idea that there is no eternal happiness, since spiritual paths all describe it as the state one is after liberation or enlightenment.

In any case, what i'm working on in my daily life primarily, is on self-perfectioning and acquiring magical abilities. In the context of a spiritual path, of course.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:03 pm

There is no after Liberation. No one to achieve Liberation. The idea that there is - is the carrot for the seeker.
Thank you for saying that you are working on self perfecting. This is quite the opposite to what this forum is about. The point of this conversation is to get you to look and see that there is no self to perfect. Seeing that is freedom. If you are looking for magical abilities, I’m afraid I can not assist.
Funny that the name of the thread is “realising truth”
What do you think about that?

Love

Nicodemus

Postby Nicodemus » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:45 pm

Ho, that is something unrelated to this. I'm not seeking self-perfectioning or magical abilities here. I'm doing that as i would do anything else in my life, such as body building, studying, learning a new language, etc.

I know that i won't find any of that here. I'm here (at this point), just to 'realize truth', as the title says.

Regarding what you say about liberation, despite being counter-intuitive, i am aware of that being the case, though that's an hard red pill to swallow. lol
At least there is a point when it is seen that there's no one to achieve liberation, no? Well that would be "achieving liberation".

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:27 pm

At least there is a point when it is seen that there's no one to achieve liberation, no? Well that would be "achieving liberation".
The mind can not understand this, it seems paradoxical, but you are already free, there is nothing to seek, nothing to achieve. Only mind says otherwise, thereof there is searching for Liberation going.
How can something that does not exist become liberated?
Can batman become enlightened?

Love.

Nicodemus

Postby Nicodemus » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:10 pm

He can't, because he doesn't exist, i see what you mean... He's just a character, just like the idea of me.

Well, i can't search for liberation since that is impossible to achieve because the 'me' doesn't exist. So what do i do?

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:34 am

Realise the truth of it in actual experience. Not intelectualy, but in actuality.

Is there I to cross the gatelless gate?
Is there a gate to cross?

Love

Nicodemus

Postby Nicodemus » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:37 pm

The 'I' is just a concept present in awareness.
There is no gate for the 'I' to cross, all that will happen is the dropping of the 'I' concept.

However, at this point, i can only see this intellectually, and in a relatively unclear way. (I'm not seeing it experientially and thus it's not as certain and clear as 2+2=4).

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:17 pm

Are you seeing I experientialy?
Where this the separate self in experience right now?

Nicodemus

Postby Nicodemus » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:45 pm

I'm seeing this body and mind, but the 'I' is not that, if i look closer. The 'I' is an imagination, it's in my imagination, not in the objective world.

The I seems to be the identification with this body/mind, within all the rest, which is perceived and seen as 'other'.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:32 am

You write ‘it seems’ and that is indication that you haven’t looked. The invitation is to look until you KNOW

So where is the I? Inside or outside the body?
Inside or outside the mind?
In actuality or in imagination?
If I ask you to touch the I with a finger, where does the finger land?

Love.

Nicodemus

Postby Nicodemus » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:18 pm

The I is within my awareness.

Inside the mind, in thoughts.

Not in actuality but only in imagination.

If i tried to touch it with a finger, first thing to come to mind would be to point at my body. But then i realized that i am not my body nor mind, i am simply awareness, and both these things are simply with it, among many other things.

Ilona
Site Admin

Postby Ilona » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:43 am

I am awareness— that’s a new identification.
Is there a being or being is? Look at word being, find the sense of being. (Being- verb.)

Do you need to be anything or anyone in order to be?
Or is being on by default, regardless of labelling? Does sense of being need an identity?

Can you notice, what word being points to?
There are a few other words that point to the same: awareness, consciousness, presence, aliveness, life, god, love, natural state, Buddha mind, emptiness, formlessness, Tao, Self, what is, isness, existence....
there are many words, and yet, none can name this.

Love

Return to “THE GATE”