Swallow, let's get started!

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
AwarenessIsHere

Re: Swallow, let's get started!

Postby AwarenessIsHere » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm in ncouver canada, so yes, we are time zoned differently. Keep me posted!

Swallow

Postby Swallow » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:25 pm

Dear Lori Ann,

I was working with this today and I realized that existence is doing everything, the thinking, the shift, the awareness. There was no doer, it was all being done. There was also physical relaxation in the realization that this was all being done. Somehow the mind was able to have the realization that it could relax. This lasted a while. I think the more the mind plays with this, the more it will realize that it does not need to bring up thought....it can relax.

Swallow

AwarenessIsHere

Postby AwarenessIsHere » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:55 pm

Yes, stay with this experiment. The mind is the servant not the master, and when it knows this, it's like a dog that gets to ride in the passenger seat with head out window, wind in face, tongue happily lapping at the breeze.

Existence is the prime mover....moving through mind. Does existence need to be a noun...can we verb it? How does it feeling to be free of the doer because EXISTING is here...and LIFEING...and AWARING.

Is everything happening without an I? Is there really an I at all, or just the belief in one?

Lori Ann

Swallow

Postby Swallow » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:07 am

Hi Lori Ann,

Your metaphor of a dog with his head out the car window made me smile.......I am already feeling some of the freedom it brings and there is peace there. Someone honked their horn and it was thrilling as it passed through the body....there was no anger at the person who honked, no fear, no story, just the bodily experience.
I will stay with this experiment watching the awaring, existing, thinking and lifing going on around and in me.
There is no " I " that can be found, but just the belief that there is.

Swallow

AwarenessIsHere

Postby AwarenessIsHere » Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:53 am

hello Swallow

Lovely to see how ripe you are for this belief in the me/I to fall away....with such grace too.

Let me know, how is it feeling to be Lifed, instead of imagining control that is not here, never was? You mentioned relaxation. And freedom.

Is there more? Love to hear a check in, probably a few hours from now, in the morning for you since it's almost dinner time here right now.

hugs

Lori Ann

Swallow

Postby Swallow » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:09 pm

Hi Lori Ann,

I travelled today from Ireland, where I was doing a workshop, to France where I live. Lots of people, travelling, flight, train, car, then home, cats, fireplace, neighbors. Awarness of attachement to thought then awarness of thought being brought back to awarness of surroundings.
The workshop was in the Clarity Process which studies the strategies and conditioning of the subconscious mind and comparing this to the here and now. One of the exercises is looking at one's thoughts and bringing the thought back to its roots...fear of death, and then opening to the here and now to allow the subconscious mind to have a realization that there is threat to its survival.
So I was working with that today, and being aware of the the shift of awarenss going on in and around me.

all the best,

Swallow

Swallow

Postby Swallow » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi Lori Ann,

Just reread the e-mail....I meant to right that the exercise allows the subconscious mind to have a realizatin that there is NO threat to its survival.
Sorry for the possible confusion.
Swallow

Swallow

Postby Swallow » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:38 am

Hi Lori Ann,

I spent a half an hour looking at a couple of threads last night. After meditating and then going to bed I lay there in bed and the thought came up about people in their dramas...when there is a strong mind/body connection, thought triggers physical reaction in body, there is a strong sense of 'I'. On the other hand when thoughts stop triggering physical emotions in the body then there is no 'I'. It was very clear in bed last night. I had a very 'nothing' feeling, there was just the darkness of the room, my breath, and an openness. I did not sleep very well last night. It seemed as if my mind was waking my body up to make sure it was still there.

Swallow

AwarenessIsHere

Postby AwarenessIsHere » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Hello Swallow:

It sounds like a realization last night, a bit of a glimpse into truth as openess/nothingness.

Thought and emotions yes, are triggers for the sense of separate self. But is it possible that it's just another "thought" if you extend this dynamic into a belief that to be free of self, is to be free of reactive emotion and thought?

Freedom from the "I" is available even as "drama" arises...the difference is you now know the drama is not HAPPENING TO YOU. Not happening to an I, but just happening. It's the ultimate "take nothing personally" because there is no person. Not really. Just the felt sense of one, as you noted, reinforced by drama.

Wondering as you go to bed tonight, if you would sit with this question and really just LOOk. As if you are looking for your car keys :-) Is there a you anywhere at all? I there a self you can point to?

hugs

Lori Ann

Swallow

Postby Swallow » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 pm

Hi Lori Ann,

I have experienced this as well. One can be triggered and have an emotion and at the same time be free from identification with the story...it is actually quite exciting because all the emotion flows without a belief in the story. It is almost as if it were a movie. There is still identification with the story, usually a couple of seconds, but I have definately experienced freedom from the 'I' while in a heated dispute.
I will sit with the question and look before I go to bed tonight....if an answer pops up I will e-mail you.

warm greetings,

Swallow

Swallow

Postby Swallow » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Hi Lori Ann,

I sat with this for 20 minutes and there is no 'I' to be found. There was only the shifting of awareness from bodily sensations, to noises, to thought and back. There is no self.
Not much more to say.

Swallow

AwarenessIsHere

Postby AwarenessIsHere » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:48 pm

Hi Swallow!

Okay, thanks for your simple clarity on the question--it's so simple and obvious, but only if and when we stop to actaully look!

Here are four more to anwser. Take your time,

hugs

Lori Ann

AwarenessIsHere

Postby AwarenessIsHere » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:49 pm

hahah, that's a trick question if you have to fill in the blank space. :-)

Oops...

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works.

3) How does it feel to see this?

4) How would you describe it to somebody who has never heard about this illusion.

5) What was the last bit that pushed you over? What had you SEE through the illusion of self?

Swallow

Postby Swallow » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:47 am

2) Explain in detail what the illusion of separate self is, when it starts and how it works.

I would say that the illusion of separate self begins at an early age. We are born without this illusion, but because we live in a society where people believe there is an "I" doing everything we are slowly conditioned to have an "I". So, this body gets a name..."Swallow", Swallow likes potatoe chips, apples, and chocolate (all dependent on what family this body was born in) If the body was born in Japan, it would be Akiko who likes sushi, tempura etc...the older we get the more details get filled in by parents, school, society etc... We believe these conditioned ideas that were learned.....sky is blue, grass is green....and we see the world through a filter, a learned filter. All thoughts are based on fears or desires, both coming from the same root fear of death which we experienced as young children. Our subconscious mind is one big computer that says, do this, do that, you need this, you don't need that. We attach to the thought thread and think that it is our own self that has created it. Thought comes up, thought believes that thought created thought.
3) How does it feel to see this?
There is a relaxation in seeing this. There is no doer!!! Thoughts occur....there is attachement and release, there is awareness. I can sit back and be in the front of the train....not in the back watching it all happen, thinking "help!". I can 'go with the flow'. Life becomes less of a struggle and much less important!
4) How would you describe it to somebody who has never heard about this illusion.
I will answer this like you were someone who does not know this illusion.
I was taught from a very early age that I my name was Swallow, that I had control of my life, could make descisions, that I created my own thoughts, that my body was my own, but what I realized was that I was not my body, I am not my thoughts, there is no Swallow, there is no "I" who controls life. If you look at your arm and say that it is part of me....what happens if I cut it off? If you are your mind then who hears thoughts? Give me hard evidence that there past and future exist in this moment.
The person would probably already be running out the door!
5) What was the last bit that pushed you over? What had you SEE through the illusion of self?
I would say that it was the questioning....not the understanding. It was going beyond the understanding and looking for the "I" while feeling and observing. The eyes closed and searched!

Time for bed.
Thanks again Lori Ann,

Swallow

AwarenessIsHere

Postby AwarenessIsHere » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:54 am

Sleep well, lovely you. Getting some LU guides to peek in at our thread, and add more questions if they have any for you. Then, once you are confirmed, you can come play at Unleashed, where we have a gathering of worldwide guides and just-through-the-gate.

Return to “ARCHIVES”