Looking

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
DannyK

Looking

Postby DannyK » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:25 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
My lineage of understanding comes from Wayne Liquorman-Ramesh Balsekar - Wei Wu Wei / Nisargadatta Maharaj. My head is in the tiger's mouth but "I" have not fallen off the cliff. I understand there is no separate self but there is Self, the Presence, a nothingness, from which all this phenomena spontaneously emanates.

What are you looking for at LU?
The next necessary offering on this apparent path. Not much more to say than that.

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
Nothing.

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Real-time satasang over video with Wayne Liquorman. Several years as a "spiritual" person. One year and a half of active seeking the Truth.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?: 11

Andrei

Re: Looking

Postby Andrei » Fri Aug 04, 2017 4:06 pm

Hi Danny,

Welcome to LU. I would be happy to help you with your inquiry.

Something that caught my eye and it might be where you're stuck right now...
I understand there is no separate self but there is Self, the Presence, a nothingness, from which all this phenomena spontaneously emanates.
Have you replaced the "individual self", the one that does stuff, with something else, like the awareness, or "the presence" as you put it?

What happens if you drop that right now?
Drop it like it's hot, just like the song says :))

Andrei

Return to “THE GATE”