ineffable

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
MaryJane

ineffable

Postby MaryJane » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:11 am

LU is focused guiding for seeing there is no real, inherent 'self' - what do you understand by this?
The individual ego is an illusion. Thoughts appear but they are not personal. The Witness of the awareness of thoughts is closer to what true self is, but really it cannot be named. This great Consciousness/Love/Naturalness is what "we" are.

What are you looking for at LU?
Reminders. Community. Deepening. But I'm really not looking for anything.

Om Namah Shivaya

What do you expect from a guided conversation?
No expectations. Let's see what unfolds.
Om Namah Shivaya

What is your experience in terms of spiritual practices, seeking and inquiry?
Started transcendental meditation when I was 14 years old. Many Ram Dass retreats when he came to Oregon. Retreats with Mooji in India and US. Others retreats with Adyashanti, Gangaji, Pamela Wilson, Catherine Ingram, Joseph Golstein, Soygul Rinpoche, and others. Many silent retreats. Two trips to Ramana's ashram in Tiru. Tons more but I think this is enough.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how willing are you to question any currently held beliefs about 'self?

Andrei

Re: ineffable

Postby Andrei » Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:48 am

Hi Mary Jane,

Welcome to LU. I would be happy to help you on your path. Try to, at least.

The Witness of the awareness of thoughts is closer to what true self is, but really it cannot be named. This great Consciousness/Love/Naturalness is what "we" are.
There are no multiple awarenesses and there are no multiple selves.
What we do here is see through the illusion of the self, the one and only, and which "unfortunately" doesn't even exist.

If that is what you're looking for, because judging by your intro I fear you're taking us for some New Age cult, let me know and we can get started.

Andrei

MaryJane

Postby MaryJane » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:02 am

Hi Andrei,
Interesting judgement. But not the intention. Since there is not two, how can you help? Only here for the community of Advaita. We is in quotes because, of course, there is no we.
What made the thought that my comments had anything to do with a new age cult?

Andrei

Postby Andrei » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:07 am

This is not an "Advaita community". This forum is for people who want to see through the illusion of the self. And those people do need help to clear whatever blockages they meet in the way.I guess you simply misunderstood what this forum is for.

MaryJane

Postby MaryJane » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:20 am

Thank you for accepting this request. I'm grateful for your attention and concern.

Return to “THE GATE”