I'm a Sagittarius. ?

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Eagleeye

I'm a Sagittarius. ?

Postby Eagleeye » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:01 am

I was given "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" as a gift two years ago. I have not read the entire book. I slowly read pieces of the text. I find that Buddhist teachings resonate with me. I was raised Catholic and Christian. I see parallels among all paths of religion or spiritual seeking.

Today I began reading about the four bardo states and the practice of tögal. This led me to a YouTube video by Jackson Peterson. I actually experienced the distinction between my ego state and Awareness.

I hope to further cultivate Awareness and to further separate from ego.

unplugged

Re: I'm a Sagittarius. ?

Postby unplugged » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:03 pm

Hi Eagleeye,

Welcome to the forum! Is there another name you would like to be called? I am Dyann and I would be happy to be your guide if that is all right with you? Would you like to get started?

Best, Dyann

Eagleeye

Postby Eagleeye » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:12 pm

Yes, I would like to get started. You can call me Eagle. Nice to meet you!

unplugged

Postby unplugged » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:10 pm

Hi Eagle,

I want to make sure you understand what we do here at LU. If you haven't already seen it, there is intro info here, our disclaimer and a short video too. http://www.liberationunleashed.com/ If that resonates with your goals, then we can proceed. Thank you, Dyann

Eagleeye

Postby Eagleeye » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:40 pm

I have read the disclaimer information and I agree with the contents. Talk with you soon, thanks!

unplugged

Postby unplugged » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:58 pm

Great! Please read and confirm the agreements below.

1. You agree to post at least once a day.
2. In general, the guide will ask the questions for you to respond to
3. Responses require your utmost honesty
4. Responses are best from direct experience (felt senses and observed thoughts). Longwinded
analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress.
5. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies and such for the remainder of this investigation.
Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily and
essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.
6. Please learn to use the quote function; instructions are located in the link below this line:
http://liberationunleashed.com/nation/v ... ?f=4&t=660

So, lets get started. Please answer the questions below. Thank you, Dyann

"What are your expectations for liberation? How will this feel? How will this change you?"

“What comes up when it is read that there is absolutely no “you” in any way, shape or form,
there never has been a “you”, nor is there or will be there ever be?”

Eagleeye

Postby Eagleeye » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:13 pm

Great! Please read and confirm the agreements below.

1. You agree to post at least once a day.
2. In general, the guide will ask the questions for you to respond to
3. Responses require your utmost honesty
4. Responses are best from direct experience (felt senses and observed thoughts). Longwinded
analytical and philosophical answers are best avoided and may even hinder progress.
5. Put aside all other teachings, philosophies and such for the remainder of this investigation.
Really put all your effort and attention in to seeing this reality, as it is. If you have a daily and
essential meditation practice, it is fine to continue that.
6. Please learn to use the quote function; instructions are located in the link below this line:
http://liberationunleashed.com/nation/v ... ?f=4&t=660

So, lets get started. Please answer the questions below. Thank you, Dyann

"What are your expectations for liberation? How will this feel? How will this change you?"

“What comes up when it is read that there is absolutely no “you” in any way, shape or form,
I confirm the agreement for the Forum.

I expect to understand the truth through liberation. I think liberation will feel like: observing all the many manifestations of life. Like riding the waves of existence. Many peaks and troughs, but the point of observation remains the same. How will this change me? I believe I will be more focused and directed to do work. Instead of getting caught in the ever-changing ocean waves, I can just observe.

When I read that there is absolutely no me, or I, or you, I feel free. I feel free from the stories. I feel liberated. I feel expansive and comforted.

unplugged

Postby unplugged » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:34 pm

Hi Eagleye,

Thank you for your responses.
When I read that there is absolutely no me, or I, or you, I feel free. I feel free from the stories. I feel liberated. I feel expansive and comforted.
"When you say "I", what does that refer to in direct experience? Please describe in detail – does
it have a shape? A size? A quality?"

Best, Dyann

Eagleeye

Postby Eagleeye » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:08 pm

"When you say "I", what does that refer to in direct experience? Please describe in detail – does
it have a shape? A size? A quality?"

Best, Dyann
Hello Dyann, how are you today? Thanks for your time and effort.

The "I" seems to be just a point of reference. I have to use "I' in communication. "I" in direct experience can be a contained thing that moves about on Earth. It was born to parents, it has skin and many creeds associated with it. "I" is an idea. "I" has many expectations and cultural norms attached to it. "I" is really funny!!! It just all seems funny. "I" does not have a shape. It is amorphous. "I" can be whatever the chooser or decider wants it to be. Wow- feeling at times disembodied with a shift in awareness occurring. Omnipresent.

unplugged

Postby unplugged » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:48 am

Hi Eageleye,

I am doing well - thank you.
The "I" seems to be just a point of reference.
This is a very clear answer. Good.
"I" can be whatever the chooser or decider wants it to be.
Who is this "chooser" or "decider". Please look and tell me exactly what and where you find this. Does it have a size, a shape, a form of any kind?

THank you for your answers!

Best, Dyann

Eagleeye

Postby Eagleeye » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:36 am

Hi Eageleye,

I am doing well - thank you.
The "I" seems to be just a point of reference.
This is a very clear answer. Good.
"I" can be whatever the chooser or decider wants it to be.
Who is this "chooser" or "decider". Please look and tell me exactly what and where you find this. Does it have a size, a shape, a form of any kind?

THank you for your answers!

Best, Dyann
I find the chooser, decider, or seer at the center. It is the operator. There can be a size or form. It feels contained inside of "me"-whatever me is. "I" can conceptualize the operator. The operator is separate from the "I".

unplugged

Postby unplugged » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:28 pm

I find the chooser, decider, or seer at the center. It is the operator. There can be a size or form. It feels contained inside of "me"-whatever me is. "I" can conceptualize the operator. The operator is separate from the "I".
From your answer, it sounds like you found and describe 3 separate entities - an "I", a "decider" and a "me". I want you to look and tell me if you can actually, in reality, find any one of these entities in any size, shape or form.

Eagleeye

Postby Eagleeye » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:41 pm

From your answer, it sounds like you found and describe 3 separate entities - an "I", a "decider" and a "me". I want you to look and tell me if you can actually, in reality, find any one of these entities in any size, shape or form.
Split personalities I guess. All ghosts. These entities have no size, shape or form. So what I am, I have managed to describe as three separate entities. That's kind of funny.

unplugged

Postby unplugged » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:44 pm

So good to read that you see in the humor in that statement :)

Eagleeye

Postby Eagleeye » Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:46 pm

When I actually feel that there is no I, I laugh. Maybe I would look like a crazy person. But that's ok. This feels shockingly free and like I'm laughing at the world and its illusions. I feel unbounded.

Return to “ARCHIVES”