In here Sam...

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
loftygoal

Re: In here Sam...

Postby loftygoal » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:39 am

Hi Vince,

I think I'll have to pause this for now and continue later once I open up a bit through my meditation. The discussion has certainly helped but it looks like I am not ready for this yet.

Thanks very much for your time. I really appreciate all the insights.

- Sam

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:24 pm

You are welcome Sam.
Giving up is the Only reason that you won't get there.
The mind will try every way it know how to get you to stop as it fears this process.
While meditation is excellent for many things it almost never (by itself) leads to awakening.
Are you wanting to give this a rest because of frustration ?
Are thoughts convincing you that it will be easier later ?
Would you like to work with someone else ?

loftygoal

Postby loftygoal » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Hi Vince,

My original belief (from whatever I read earlier) was that awakening is not an intellectual process and questioning/self-inquiry will help but only when we are opened enough already through spiritual practices. Thats what the system where I come from teaches too and it appears very correct to me. See here http://www.aypsite.org/325.html

I wanted to put all of it aside and give this process a try for sometime. At the beginning of the thread I was deeply questioning myself, doing a lot of work myself before I make the next post/ask the next question. But of late the interest seemed to have waned. I think that's due to losing hope that this will not work for me (yet).

I am posting replies to you but just doing that mechanically without any homework or interest. Thats why thought of giving it up and come back to it later once I open up more. That is my situation here.

- Sam

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:27 pm

i understand Sam.
i also know that an attitude of tired giving up, of surrender can be just the facilitator to 'open the gate'.
Your conscientious attempts to 'do the work' may have been the impediment all along.
Seeing requires no effort, just the right perspective, which we stumble upon anyway.
i can't see any benefit from what you propose but i do respect whatever (apparent) choice is made.

Return to “THE GATE”