Welcome to Liberation Unleashed.
Did you know that two options are available to you even before you register?
You can read the book Gateless Gatecrashers, which gives transcripts of other people's conversations. A paperback and a Kindle edition are available from Amazon, or you can download and read the free PDF. Several members have reported that things became clear to them just from reading this book.
Alternatively, you can work through the best pointers from Liberation Unleashed in an app named Enlightening Quotes. Over three hundred pointers are arranged into ten structured and sequenced categories. Because it's an app, you can use it whenever you want, wherever you want.
Registration and posting on the forum
In order to post at this forum, you will need to apply for an account. To do so, take the following steps:
1. Apply for an account - press the "Registration" button above or click this link: http://www.liberationunleashed.com/register
2. Fill our the form on the registration page. Make sure to include a valid e-mail address. Once our admins have reviewed your application and created an account for you, you will receive your account information as well as a link to your personal thread on the forum at the e-mail address specified. In the application form, we also ask you to answer some introductory questions, which we will use to set up your personal thread on the forum, requesting a guide.
We will try to review your application within 24 hours. If haven gotten a response within that period, please email administration (admin[at]liberationunleashed.com) and we will do our best to grant you access to the forum as soon as possible.
3. Once your request has been approved, you will receive an e-mail with your username and password as well as a direct link to your thread on THE GATE forum. Your thread will consist of the introductory text you provided in the application form, so make sure to give a brief bio there, tell what you're looking for here and what you've done already. This will help in matching up a guide that resonates with you. Because we get a lot of requests for guides, it may take a while before someone responds*.
When you want to quote some text, simply select it, and in the editor press button "quote". You will see tags appear in the editor box; with the text in between the brackets. You can press preview to see how your post looks before submitting it.
*Note - Sometimes it might take a day or two until your request for a guide is responded to, due the availability of free guides at that time. Be assured this will happen; an excellent thing to do while waiting would be to read the Gateless Gatecrashers book.
All users on this forum are colour coded for administrative purposes, as well as for the sake of clarity.
All users start from colour green as default.
Here is what the colour codes mean:
Green - New members
How does it work?
We refer to the method used on this forum simply as Direct Pointing. Our guides are exactly that: guides, not teachers. The process is straightforward and easy, as long as you abide by three fundamental guidelines. These are the following:
1. Write from experience, not speculation. It is impossible to overstate the importance of this; in order for any Direct Pointing session to be successful, it is your responsibility to examine your experience as it is, instead of resorting to speculation and theory-forming. The only way to get to the Gate and beyond is by directly looking at your actual experience of reality.
2. Be 100% honest. It is very easy to deceive oneself, especially when it comes to something as subtle as the intimacy of your direct experience. Strive to be completely honest and transparent as to what is actually happening in your experience, this will make the process as smooth as possible.
3. Post regularly. We've found that it is important to create a proper momentum in order to successfully carry out this investigation. What's needed is focus and intensity. The only way to enable these is to strive to post at least once a day.
A word of advice
When writing a long post in the text editor, it might be a good idea to periodically copy and paste your text into notepad or another text editor on your computer, as it is not uncommon to be logged off automatically and lose all your text.
We are fully aware of the fact that the term “Liberation” has different meanings in different traditions. In order to not set up false expectations, we'd like to make it clear that we use the word in a very specific way. In the context of Liberation Unleashed, liberation refers to the clear, unambiguous and direct realisation of the absence of a separate self. Because not everyone, perhaps no one comes to the Gate without at least some degree of latent tendencies, what we refer to as liberation may not be what you expect of it. Seeing self for what it really is - a story, does not mean that your life is suddenly upgraded in every conceivable way. Old habits, beliefs, programming and conditioning will very probably remain in place. Awakening from the story of you allows old patterns to drop away quickly. The foundation upon which these patterns were based is gone. In this sense, liberation is just the beginning.
For more information, please read the FAQ page on the website. By reading the above, it will have become clear to you that The Gate is a different type of forum than what you may be used to. This is not a general spiritual discussion group. We thank you for respecting this. Thank you for your time. Welcome to Liberation Unleashed... the Gate.
The method of inquiry used on this site may actually work, unlike many spiritual practices. It will likely change how you regard your self, your relationships, and your world. Neither you nor we can predict how this will turn out for you. If you are already mentally or emotionally fragile, it may exacerbate a mental condition or disorder. If you are currently relying on a prescription or self-prescribed substance to regulate your mood or your sanity, we strongly suggest you not enter into this process. Our guides are not therapists and cannot take responsibility for your mental health, before or after. If your relationships are unsatisfactory, they may improve, or they may not. If you have strong religious or spiritual beliefs, direct experience may support them, or (in our experience) not. You are at all times responsible for your honesty, integrity and focus. A leap into the unknown is just that. We will do everything we can to support it, insofar as we are volunteers working online, with attendant limitations.
We maintain several Facebook groups that allow people who have been through a forum process to discuss and work through common issues. These are not a substitute for any mental or physical help that you may need after Gate. None of the group participants is responsible for your well-being, or can be held liable for any advice. Adopt any more thoughts, concepts, or beliefs at your own risk.
Enter into this process if you are ready and willing to question all your beliefs and assumptions about awakening, if you are ready to face your fears, and if you prefer truth to comfortable lies. Do not enter if your goal is to fix the parts of your life that you think are broken, to embark on a self-improvement project, or to gain some kind of spiritual certification. Spiritual tourists will be taken to the the airlock and launched into deep space.
Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests