Need guidance

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
jazztogo

Need guidance

Postby jazztogo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:40 am

Hello, I have been a follower of YSS (Yogoda Satsanga Society) founded by Paramahansa Yogananda for almost thirty years. I would say dabbled to be more correct as I was always seeking and have been in and out of the path since my work as a travelling musician always got in the way. However, since the last three years I have been following the path more faithfully and doing the exercises as Gurudev advised in his lessons.

Since last year I reached a stalemate mostly perhaps due to my lack of effort and concentration. The inner transformation or the spiritual awakening still seems so far away. I am very impressed with your guides and hope you can enlighten me further.

Raj

vinceschubert

Re: Need guidance

Postby vinceschubert » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:21 am

Hi Raj, first a contract.
Are you willing to (try and) post every day ?
to give 120% honesty to yourself and me ?
relate only from your own experiencing, no second hand knowledge, quoting etc.
stop all other seeking type activities for the duration of this ? (reading, viewing, meditating etc.)
Not expect a transfer of knowledge. We are not teachers.
I will ask questions, you will not attempt to answer them for me, you will communicate the response that you experience to me. The questions are to position you to SEE, to DISCOVER, to RECOGNISE something for yourself.
agreed ?

To use the quote function, first click "post reply"
Then scroll down to my post and highlight (drag mouse over) the question or part of it that you want to respond to, then click "quote" at the top of my reply. This will put the quote in the Reply editor. You then click after the quote and type your response.

Now, give me a rant on what your expectations are for being here. Your hopes, desires and what you actually expect.

vince

dreamer

Postby dreamer » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:56 am

Hi Raj

I'll be happy to be one of your guides. Unfortunately I am offline for the next two days...will be back though. Have a nice time with Vince

:) Vivi

jazztogo

Postby jazztogo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi Raj, first a contract.
Are you willing to (try and) post every day ?
to give 120% honesty to yourself and me ?
relate only from your own experiencing, no second hand knowledge, quoting etc.
stop all other seeking type activities for the duration of this ? (reading, viewing, meditating etc.)
Not expect a transfer of knowledge. We are not teachers.
I will ask questions, you will not attempt to answer them for me, you will communicate the response that you experience to me. The questions are to position you to SEE, to DISCOVER, to RECOGNISE something for yourself.
agreed ?
Hi Vince. Thanks for being my guide. I agree wholeheartedly to the contract. I look forward to working with you.
Now, give me a rant on what your expectations are for being here. Your hopes, desires and what you actually expect.
To be frank, I want to be open minded since expectations sort of puts a strong label and may be disappointing if not met. However, my desire is to know the truth behind who I am, what I am and where it all ends or begins. I am confident your guidance will get me there.
Thanks

Talk soon

Raj

Eloratea

Postby Eloratea » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi Raj,
I am glad to join here and meet you.

For the beginning here is one question. When you say „I“, what do you really refer to?

Kind regards.

jazztogo

Postby jazztogo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi Raj,
I am glad to join here and meet you.

For the beginning here is one question. When you say „I“, what do you really refer to?

Kind regards.
Hi Eloratea. Nice to meet you too and thanks for your time.

"I " as a reference to my identity as a self. Ego in a spiritual way.
Thanks
RJ

jazztogo

Postby jazztogo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi Raj

I'll be happy to be one of your guides. Unfortunately I am offline for the next two days...will be back though. Have a nice time with Vince

Hi Vivi,
Thanks for the offer of being my guide. I will gladly wait out those two days until you return.

Regards

Raj

Eloratea

Postby Eloratea » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:19 pm

"I " as a reference to my identity as a self. Ego in a spiritual way.
Can you look a bit deeper into this and say some more about that identity.
Where it is; how do you know it is?
Without thought „I“ what would this be?

Many greetings,
El

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:27 am

Morning Raj,
I want to be open minded since expectations sort of puts a strong label and may be disappointing if not met.
Raj, this is good logic, good reasoning, but i want you to examine the actuality of your experiencing. i imagine that it is impossible not to have expectations. Certainly to be aware of them and be willing to accept other outcomes is a healthy attitude, but please examine the thoughts that arise when you consider what might occur here and report your response (mental and physical) as you examine the question.
my desire is to know the truth behind who I am
i understand what you are communicating here. The use of language for the purpose of this process gets tricky. We often have to use words that point us away from reality, rather than towards it, but that will sort itself out. From an awakened perspective, that sentence might read "There is desire to see reality regarding this organism."
It is significant that the use of the words "my", "know", "truth", "who", "I", "am", have been omitted, as they all reinforce the delusion of the existence of a self.
The word "my" refers both to a self and ownership.
Can you explain how ownership works ?
How is knowing different to belief ?
Is Truth a thing ?
Are you assuming that there is a "who" to "know" ?
"I" refer to Vivi question. (Oh, you already have) are you saying it is a label ?
Is "am" a something ?

dreamer

Postby dreamer » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi Raj

As if there are not enough question already, here is mine: What is seeking?

jazztogo

Postby jazztogo » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:05 pm

Raj, this is good logic, good reasoning, but i want you to examine the actuality of your experiencing. i imagine that it is impossible not to have expectations. Certainly to be aware of them and be willing to accept other outcomes is a healthy attitude, but please examine the thoughts that arise when you consider what might occur here and report your response (mental and physical) as you examine the question.
Then my expectations are to know the truth.

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Raj, would you report you response as you consider each and every question please.(go back and answer the ones that you missed before getting to the new ones.
This says very little. What do you consider as "truth" ?
How will you know that you know ?
What is knowing ? (a thougth, a sensation, what ?)

jazztogo

Postby jazztogo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:35 am

Raj, would you report you response as you consider each and every question please.(go back and answer the ones that you missed before getting to the new ones.
This says very little. What do you consider as "truth" ?
How will you know that you know ?
What is knowing ? (a thougth, a sensation, what ?)
Hi Vince, Sorry but My responses to all your questions and the others which i thought I had sent must have gone astray somehow. I will refresh them tomorrow.

Thanks

Raj

vinceschubert

Postby vinceschubert » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:26 am

Ha, thanks Raj. (for the lesson on assumptions)

love

vince

Eloratea

Postby Eloratea » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:41 am

Hi Raj,
maybe one technical advice to avoid disappearing of posts. When writing longer replies it is better to write them in some text editor, than copy-paste here...

Till later,
warm regards.

Return to “THE GATE”