ready to be guided

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
arora

Re: ready to be guided

Postby arora » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:27 am

Hi Cam
Delighted to get your posts. I haven't dropped off the face of earth yet, and continuing to look into it.

Another recent insight was that all the reactions to the spontaneous thoughts are spontaneous as well! So it may be all happening by itself!

just wanted to share this for now.

Regards and much love

Sandeep

Cam-RT

Postby Cam-RT » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:21 am

Great Sandeep!

Life is unfolding, by itself!...There's "no you" controlling anything!

It's all just thoughts... Reality just flows, and (while staying in the moment) the body justs reacts like it's on "auto pilot" :^)

Remenber the old nursery rhyme "Row row row your boat, gently down the steam?"

It's funny but it's lot like life! .....It can be a hell of a ride at times, but in the end it all about "steering" your way safely through life and enjoying the ride along the way!....The sights, the sounds, the tastes, feelings, emotions and all the other sensations along the way!

This is YOUR RIDE! ...This one shot given to you at birth...Don't let thoughts hold you back from living it!

Try giving me a rant on where you're at...and where you feel you need to focus on!
Let's challenge anything left together...Let me know...Okay?
The illusion isn't destroyed...Just seen for what it 'Is'
Thoughts vs. Reality----->Reality always wins.
"Have courage...Don't give up!!"

http://cam-rt.blogspot.com

arora

Postby arora » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:50 am

Hi Cam

Hope you are doing well.

It appears to be sinking in a bit more. I may not have still encountered 'peace' etc but a lot of times I can look at the experience and identify thought pattern. However I must admit it is usually the case when I am not busy with work and have a few moments by myself, while driving or reading.

I've got a question for you as well- do you have any comments on the distinction between perspective of 'there is no me' and 'I am background knowing or awareness' ?
Behind this question is some of the other teachings that have resonated with me in the past, I just seem to enjoy reading on this topic and somehow it appears that continuing to read more helps with understanding.

Many thanks and love
Sandeep

Cam-RT

Postby Cam-RT » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:32 pm

Hello my friend...
However I must admit it is usually the case when I am not busy with work and have a few moments by myself, while driving or reading.

This is where it takes a bit of practice and keeping in the back of your mind, to try and notice the tension or tightening of the body in a "real time" situation.
Once you feel uneasy, that's the connection with the thought pattern...
Try taking a brief moment following (or during) these moments in question, noticing the feeling that pops up, and focus on where and what it is behind it.
Try catching it quickly...Look (introspectively)....Take a deep breathe and carry on.
This is a direct attack you're taking on the connection to these phantom thought patterns, challenging the existence of a "Self" behind each one. You have to "catch them in the act" as they pop up...
Kinda like that kids game "whack a mole"... When done properly this can be a powerful tool in liberation.
I've got a question for you as well- do you have any comments on the distinction between perspective of 'there is no me' and 'I am background knowing or awareness' ?
Where "Me" is a fictional thought pattern repeated with conditioning throughout our childhood, I reflect on this question frequently myself....
"What is "IT" that is conscious?"
Try clearing your head briefly...Let's make this exercise like an input / output situation... Take in all the input from the senses without labeling or judging what's taken in....Just take it all in, without reacting or thinking....Just Be.
Then revisit the question above...Try getting back to me (putting into words) on what "IT" is you find...

Thank you for sticking this out... It's always a pleasure hearing from you!
Hang in there!

Take Care...

arora

Postby arora » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:25 am

Hi Cam :)
Hope you and family have been well.

I am back with another question- going back to basics, thought is that why this whole structure can not be just a brain function really. Brain is feeling, generating thoughts and looking after itself, and responding to external events which are a whole complex system of conditioning and chemicals. It may not need that feeling of I but it is all physical rather than metaphysical. I know it's a step backwards but this is what came up and I had no logical answer to it. It seems like my basics are not resolved yet and your answer will help.

Cam, many thanks for your involvement and help again. It's amazing that I can come back and fire a question whenever I like and expect a reply, doesn't seem real. Your love is much appreciated.

Regards
Sandeep

Cam-RT

Postby Cam-RT » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Well hello my friend!

I've had a few bumps in the road since the surgery I guess you can say that I'm taking it day by day, doctors appointments included...(Treatments, meds, blah blah blah.)

I hope both you and your loved ones are doing well...I'm so glad that you're not giving up, and I will try my best now and in the future to answer any questions you might have.
Going back to basics, thought is that why this whole structure can not be just a brain function really.
This is an inquiry and recognition of rogue or "dead end" thoughts that until now have gone unchallenged. These little nuances, I, me, you, us, them, don't seem to be a big deal to most, yet others are staunchly against letting go of their identities in fear of becoming void or non existent as a sentient being. But that really is not the case here we are merely awakening from an illusion and seeing life as it truly is...
Brain is feeling, generating thoughts and looking after itself, and responding to external events which are a whole complex system of conditioning and chemicals.
The brain doesn't feel, it computes (interprets) and sends signals throughout the body along with processing input from the senses... Of course some body parts are involuntary in how they function...The brain ultimately is "driving the vehicle" as if on autopilot at times...
The brain is truly a miracle in itself...This biological computer performs millions of functions from moment to moment without us even noticing...Yet we all take these for granted each day. Those with physical disabilities overcome the loss of certain functions with time and accept the challenges we also take for granted each day. One individual that inspires me frequently, is scientist and cosmologist Stephen Hawking. I find it quite humbling (When I'm not feeling well) ; how such a brilliant mind dwells within a body stricken over time with disease yet finding the strength to carry on...
Consider this...Though the mind is much more complex than any computers of this generation, they still process virtual information...Think of what we are doing here is finding, identifying and realizing a "glitch" that was introduced at a very young age and conditioned over and over (unintentionally) to believe this; Unlike a "virus" that is harmful, attempting to subdue it's host, this glitch none the less sends unnecessary signals to it's host that in turn the body see's as a need to defend itself.(The kicker is, there is "Nothing" to defend!) The body in this case, is a slave to the information processed by the brain at an almost subconscious level...(Like a printer receiving information from your computer.) It reacts to what it perceives as legitimate information, yet in the end the body see's this as a reason to react as if in fact this illusion actually exists...
As I said before, the body is the slave to the mind on multiple levels.

Does an "I" instruct the hand to open and close? Or does it just happen?(Sure you can focus right now and make it do what ever you want...But, what about when you're manually doing things throughout the day? Does it require focus to tell each finger exactly how to move or how hard to grasp? No, it just happens.
I also play guitar...Once I practice enough, I don't even have to look at the notes to know where they are, I just play...No player, just playing.
When you feel an itch how long can you tell the body not to itch when the urge continues? Is there an itcher or just itching?

Beyond a label on a body that houses this 'life force'..."You or I" is just a pointer for communicating with each other. Following this thought inevitably always ends at a dead end.
It may not need that feeling of I but it is all physical rather than metaphysical.
Right! That's what we're trying to do, is break the connection with the body to relieve one of unnecessary physical suffering...Thoughts don't have feelings, the body senses them as a threat as result of stressful or negative thought patterns. Once it's realized, the body can attain peace.
Consider this of an "egoic nature" hard coded into our DNA for survival purposes as a part of evolution.
Like the fight or flight feelings when one is threatened...How about when you know something might happen, but in your mind you're confused and anxious on what to do...Your senses are heightened and the body in turn is tense and ready to react...
The mind is a very powerful tool, yet it can also be cruel when certain thoughts or memories arise that one finds offensive or threatening... Were there any fears you had as a child yet later found to be untrue? Remember the peace and ease that followed? Beliefs can be unnerving until they're broken...Religion included. ;^) Seeing the truth of this, releases one from the prison of the mind.

Please feel free to drop me a line and let me know how you're doing...Take Care, Sandeep.

Return to “THE GATE”