Probably I should be removed from the Liberated group

Welcome to the main forum. When you are ready to start a conversation, register and once your application is processed a guide will come to talk to you.
This is one-on-one style forum, one thread per green member.
xyzzy

Probably I should be removed from the Liberated group

Postby xyzzy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:15 am

At the time I was declared to be liberated a month or so ago, I definitely was not. I later realized that I had merely agreed with the idea that there is no self, and understood it intellectually, but that I had not seen it.

At this point I don't know, though, whether I've seen that there is no self. Is there a difference between seeing it intellectually and really seeing it? I certainly don't feel in any way liberated.

Derek

Re: Probably I should be removed from the Liberated group

Postby Derek » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:51 pm

xyzzy, as per your request, I have un-blued you. Please feel free to start your own thread either in the One-on-One, or in the Three-on-One, according to your pereference.

awakenas1

Re: Probably I should be removed from the Liberated group

Postby awakenas1 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:18 am

I so applaud your honesty.

I just want to say, though, that the mind can argue one way or the other whether it is liberated or not. Sometimes something has been truly seen, but then the mind comes in and says, "No, I think I just imagined that," because it wants to stay in control. I'm not saying this happened to you -- I didn't even see your initial posts where you apparently passed the test so I have no way of knowing -- but I'm just saying this can happen. What you think about whether you are liberated or not on a particular day isn't really relevant.

Return to “THE GATE”