Greetings!

This is a read-only part of the forum. All threads where seeing happens are stored here and come from this forum, the Facebook guiding area and various LU blogs. The complete list, sorted by guide, contains all links. The archives include threads of those that came to LU already seeing as well.
Anastacia42

Re: Greetings!

Postby Anastacia42 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:28 pm

For some people it is exactly this:
(spaciousness).

Nowadays I think much less than usual.

I've released most of the left brain habits.

Instead there is more peace and space.
Nothing more. It can be subtle.

Can you say with certainty that there is no separate self to be found?

No controller with so- called "free will?" (palm flipping)

Loving,
~ Stacy

"In Japanese monasteries, they warn you not to come in."

~ Natalie Goldberg
"Thunder & Lightening: Cracking Open the Writer's Craft"

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:46 pm

It is as if I have just learnt riding a bicycle and that I can somewhat handle it without falling down, which is:
I've realized that falling (suffering) happens when I imagine falling either leftwards or rightwards (past, future etc).
When I don't think about "them" and focus on "just riding", there is peaceful riding.
Grasping this doesn't of course guarantee that I will never fall, but the mechanism is straightforward, look ahead and ride.

I had already grasped this principle many years ago, but this was how I "thought" about it:
"How will I possibly be able to not think (too much), and not imagine suffering?"
I was heavily dominated by left brain habits and ignoring them looked close to impossible.
Vince taught me to ignore left brain and celebrate each time when I recognize that left brain is doing its thing.

Let's say melancholy comes and I don't feed it, despair comes and I don't feed it. I don't have to. It's my choice.
No need to say this is a radical shift in my case.

Another shift is that recently I approach every body and everything as Life, with utmost respect. I learn from everything and everybody.
Another shift is I realized that all thoughts are merely stories. I don't take my own stories seriously.
Before I was very keen and passionate about "my version" of understanding the world, now I know that it is always utterly partial (and thus definetely wrong to some extent) and that it is always only a story, just like the stories of "others".

Another shift is that I've practically realized that daily life and "spiritual" life are one and the same.
This has completely dawned on me. I have embodied it to a great extent. Daily life is my Reality.

There are still problems though in regards to the reality of extreme suffering. I still can't accept or appreciate the "radical" suffering and its place in life. Despite this I have already very well understood that Life is harsh and one needs to be very, very strong and courageous to be able to Live and respond to life events properly. Evolution is sharp and hard. "Spirituality" is not about soft feelings etc. Life is a sharp game and one needs to play the Game as Life inspires and teaches us. Life is how it is.

I'll continue writing and respond to your questions soon.

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:14 pm

I've just drunk a cup of tea, and have re-read my previous post, this is how I view these "shifts":

It is as if the "root" of the ego (self) is cut off... do I mean most of the root? some of the root? I don't know. I can't transparently see the whole (of it).

at the end of the day, it seems that while this tremendous weakening of the ego has happened, the ego-self is still intact: intact to a great extent? to some extent? well, I don't know.

this is how the the landscape looks here...

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:34 pm

Can you say with certainty that there is no separate self to be found?

I haven't observed or seen it with certainty yet.
But I can say that my grasp of the no-self is no more intellectaul, nor is it experiential yet; I can say that it has recently become "intuitive" - well this is my most recent "story" at the moment, i don't know whether it means anything, or just a fantasy...

No controller with so- called "free will?" (palm flipping)

Again I "intuitively" sense that there is no controller. Yet I can't say that with any experiential certainty yet.

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:46 pm

For some people it is exactly this:
(spaciousness).

"Nowadays I think much less than usual.

Instead there is more peace and space."

Nothing more. It can be subtle.

I see. Tyvm. I'll consider that for sure, and continue investigating with more confidence.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:13 pm

Okay. We don't want to rush it.

Be aware that there are some traditional "final" questions to answer when you are ready. Answering them can also show where some pointing can help further. Let me know when you want to try those.

You're doing great.

Also, let me know when you've done #6 and #7 from the IAM Meditations in the DropBox. Tell me how it FEELS.

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Natalie Goldberg

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:58 pm

Also, let me know when you've done #6 and #7 from the IAM Meditations in the DropBox. Tell me how it FEELS.

Ok I will.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:51 pm

By the way, your progress is very exciting.
"Nowadays I think much less than usual.

Instead there is more peace and space."
This is exactly how it feels when we drop this illusion of a separate "self."

What did you practice? How does it FEEL?

Loving
~ Stacy

~ Natalie Goldberg

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:32 pm

Hey! it is exciting yeah.

I will watch the 6. video on dropbox today and write what I feel.

Well yesterday after watching this video on youtube,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftcr-V6 ... lWholeness
I got it: reality cannot be "known". It was a radical epiphany.
I wrote some of the insights after the epiphany, here it is,

MINI SELF-INTERVIEW

What is knowing?
Knowing is having some information about something that resides “outside” of the “observer”.

Can reality be known?
No.

Why?
Knowledge requires a separation between external/internal, subject/object, and there is no such separation.

Isn’t knowledge possible within Reality (i.e. direct experience)?
No.

But mathematical or physical “knowledge” about things is possible?
They are deductions based on sensations/happenings.

Scientific knowledge takes place “within” the existence-world. What is called knowledge is an informational-happening, yet it doesn’t happen to “anybody” outside of existence. Knowing is an interactional diffusion among parts “within” existence. There is no outside agent that “knows” maths or physics. Information-bearing happens “immanently” in the existence.

In other words, maths or physics are forms of communication. Between what? Internal? External? There is no question of external communication. Because there is no external. In fact there is no internal either. It is just communication, without any (external) knower(s).

Does existence or Life know itself?
No. Existence cannot (be) know(n) because existence is not separate from existence. Existence does not know "itself".

Life cannot be known, because Life is not separate from Life. Life does not know itself. There is no "it"self. No self.

The idea of the self “exists” in the realm of Thought.

Is self-knowledge possible?
No. Awareness (of the character’s sensations) is possible yet no (self)-knowledge is ever possible (in DE).

Is there a difference between awareness (looking) and knowing (thinking)?
Awareness is in the realm of DE, knowing is in the realm of memory.

Is the character an illusion?
The character is real, while “knowledge” about the character is memory-induced illusion.

Don’t sensations provide us self-knowledge?
Sensation-feeling is not self-knowledge. Life unfolds without any self-knowledge. Sensations cannot be "known". They just happen "in the moment".

Awareness exists in Reality, while knowledge does not (it's only part of the memory).

Can the character be known (as a self)?
Well the character exists in Reality, but it cannot be known. The character experiences some sensations, feelings, thoughts; and yet these cannot be (externally) known; they just happen in the moment.

We can say that there is no transcendental (external) knowing(ness), there are only immanent happenings.

And the Immanent happenings are called "the Reality".

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:03 pm

I listened to "Dissolving-complete" on dropbox.

I felt the "mind-Less" sensations. Thought-less, word-less sensation-bits.
No body, no definite edges, no definite names for sensations.

Some years ago I had heard of the so-called Fuzzy Logic, here I felt the Fuzzy Senses!
Liquification... Flowing sensations...

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:12 pm

Some practical feedback on my daily mood,
I feel peaceful as long as I do not think much (about "problems").
Well then I'll just continue not thinking very much. Thinking too much seems to be dysfunctional for sure.
This approach looks like the gist of 'not being bothered'.

Well, what about when I think too much or deeply about problems?
It seems that then I (may) lose the equanimity and peace.
So I just live without thinking too much. It looks like "the art of living".

Actually the approach above looks like a viable "technique" now, I used to know it before also but couldn't practice it well, in fact this is the first time I have been succesful in practicing this technique for such a long time (actually for many weeks now).

I am content with this "technique" and will continue going with it.
I assume that it became pıossible after I've been feeling the no-self at an "intuitive" level.
In the last two or three days, getting that "no-self cannot be known" has radically deepened my intuitive grasp of the no-self.
I no longer try to understand, get or know it. Becuase it just can't be (since it's not a thought).
I'm glad that this has become clear now.

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:56 pm

some insights,

Our mind looks like being the source of most of our relationship with the reality,
and the irony is that the mind/thoughts cannot even touch reality!!
"Categorically".

Mind and reality are two different "realms".
Language tries to translate one to the other, and yet it doesn't work at all, it just cannot.
The only function of language seems to be communication, not a reflection of reality.

Language is barbaric in relation to Reality.
Language doesn't correspond to Reality at all. It only corresponds to our "thoughts" about Reality!

In fact mind talks the language and reality has no language.
Reality is Non-language.

Anastacia42

Postby Anastacia42 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:04 pm

You're doing great.
Reality is Non-language
Pretty much.
the no-self.
We can not speak of "the no- self " There's no "thing."
I no longer try to understand, get or know it. Becuase it just can't be (since it's not a thought).
I'm glad that this has become clear now.
Good... what "I?"

Loving,
~ Stacy

~ Natalie Goldberg

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:09 pm

Reality is only a big thought for the self.

What the self sees as reality is only what it sees through its thoughts.

I intuitively sense that seeing no-self is realizing that THERE IS REALITY (THAT IT'S NO THOUGHT, IS NON-THOUGHT), THAT REALITY DOES EXIST, THAT REALITY IS REAL.

THAT SELFLESS BEING DOES EXIST.
THAT EXISTENCE CANNOT BE THOUGHT, AND THAT IT JUST EXISTS. IT JUST IS.

Iconoclast

Postby Iconoclast » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:38 pm

We can not speak of "the no- self " There's no "thing."

True! It cannot be reified because it does not exist in the first place. I intuitively sense it - nondual Reality. No subject. Absolute Immanence.

Good... what "I?"

That's the character I guess.
As far as I could understand it, the character exists, but it seems it cannot be thought or named, except for communication purposes.

I don't know what is going on here really... I think I intuitively got "some" things, but it seems I still feel as a person at many levels.

Return to “ARCHIVES”